: Another Review W/Video

Caddyscat
02-27-09, 06:11 PM
Saw this on another site - Thought it would be appropriate on this site.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2009-cadillac-cts-v/4505-10865_7-33528987.html?tag=mncol;lst

Caderac
02-28-09, 09:30 AM
Meh... the author should stick to reviewing digital cameras and stay out of high performance vehicles.

"Trying a fast launch from a stop with the automatic transmission in Sport mode, the rear wheels squealed loose from the pavement as the supercharger boost-gauge needle moved upward. The dramatic start was quickly brought under control--we had the traction control on--and the CTS-V thrust forward."

atdeneve
03-01-09, 03:53 PM
You thought that was bad. Dudes waitin on a roots type supercharger to spool up.

"But going into a turn the gas pedal proved terribly unresponsive, only making power at the apex. The supercharger was taking time to spool up and the automatic transmission wasn't stepping down like it should."

And apparently we've got a hefty 10 megabytes of storage set aside for music. Woop-dee-doo.

Caddyscat
03-01-09, 05:51 PM
10 megs - I caught that too. We all know it's 10GB but like I said in another post, Storage nowadays is so inexpensive I just don't see why they can't bump it up to over 100GB. Everything is digital nowadays. You should even be able to upload your own wallpaper to the entertainment system. Would also be nice to integrate the DIC into the 8" screen (like the GT-R), but then again how "techie" do you want a caddy to be.

concorso
03-01-09, 06:52 PM
10 megs - I caught that too. We all know it's 10GB but like I said in another post, Storage nowadays is so inexpensive I just don't see why they can't bump it up to over 100GB. Everything is digital nowadays. You should even be able to upload your own wallpaper to the entertainment system. Would also be nice to integrate the DIC into the 8" screen (like the GT-R), but then again how "techie" do you want a caddy to be.To me, all of this is distraction. The only tech im interested in is something that improves performance, or makes the performance more accessible to the average joe. My stereo at home is much better then my car can ever be...same situation with my TV.

I wish theyd allow a stereo delete.

Caddyscat
03-01-09, 11:27 PM
I wish theyd allow a stereo delete.

Now THATS hardcore! Like the 1LE option on 3rd gen F-bodies, no AC no radio.

I can see where you're coming from though.