: Tips for removing the stock shift knob from the B&M?

CTSV_510
02-27-09, 05:43 PM
Ok guys, no laughing. :want: I can't get it off.

Anyone have anything besides "pull hard" ?

deedubb
02-27-09, 06:00 PM
:bang2: Pulling on it hard works for me.

try banging on it from underneath maybe? Like putting a bar/screwdriver against the shaft and tapping it from the bottom. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

B-1 Buddha
02-27-09, 06:23 PM
So to speak?
:canttalk:

AlmostAV
02-27-09, 06:27 PM
takes a good pull. my buddy busted the shit out of his lip when he took mine off. The knob hit him in the face cause he was pulling so hard.

LUVMY04V
02-27-09, 06:34 PM
takes a good pull. my buddy busted the shit out of his lip when he took mine off. The knob hit him in the face cause he was pulling so hard. your buddy pulled off your knob? :hide: :duck:

rand49er
02-27-09, 06:38 PM
"Pull hard" is all I got.

I staddled the console as best I could and used my upper body to keep my hands and shiftknob from smashing into the sunroof when that sucker finally let go.

Cowan480
02-27-09, 06:47 PM
I think you're just a wimp.. with no strength!! hhaha

AlmostAV
02-27-09, 06:47 PM
your buddy pulled off your knob

yea he did.

your the one thinking of and referring to extremely subtle and unintentional sexual innuendos....hmmm.

He also helped me do just about all my other mods, saved alot on labor. ty very much.

AlmostAV
02-27-09, 06:48 PM
seriously you just have to pull, and be careful you don't hit yourself in the face!

Twitch
02-27-09, 06:53 PM
Need help? :urb:

CadzillaTN
02-27-09, 07:14 PM
pull..hard.

I thought nah...not me. Then I rushed the knob removal after using the rubber mallet to seat it...punched myself in the face hard.. thought I broke my nose. Luckily i was already sitting down!

CTSV_510
02-27-09, 07:17 PM
haha, thanks guys. Apparently I'm a weakling.

Sounds like I'm going to have to open the sunroof, straddle the center console and pretend I've got muscles like urby.

I'll put my hockey helmet on for good measure.

BTW, I'm headed to Philly tonight and then Atlantic City tomorrow. Wish me luck, hopefully I'll be coming back with some mod money!

:pig:

easyduzit
02-27-09, 07:18 PM
If your not going to use it again, can you cut it? it beats risking a bloody nose.

814V
02-27-09, 07:40 PM
wow this thread is disturbing.. from can't get off to busting on your buddys lip!! hopefully heavy doesn't come shut you guys down

VforMe
02-27-09, 07:42 PM
If your not going to use it again, can you cut it? it beats risking a bloody nose.

It does?

CadzillaTN
02-27-09, 08:17 PM
id like to cut an inch or two off the stalk/stick..(im not gonna say SHAFT in this thread :shlick:) Im already used to the 'shorter' throw...Someone put on a GTO knob and it looked badazzzz.

deedubb
02-27-09, 08:21 PM
id like to cut an inch or two off the stalk/stick..(im not gonna say SHAFT in this thread :shlick:) Im already used to the 'shorter' throw...Someone put on a GTO knob and it looked badazzzz.
I would too like to chop an inch off the SHIFTER and thread the end so I could have more choices in knobs. I'm guessing that I'll have to remove it from the damn car though to do this.

*Puts away his tin snips* :tard: