: Anyone have any issues with SRX Factory Alarm?

tomm
02-27-09, 02:45 PM
Ok, Picked up a 2005 SRX and its only got 33k miles but warranty expired 3 weeks ago. In the middle of the night the alarm goes off by itself. Sometimes we hear the horn make rapid beeps like 5-6 times and it stops and at other times the full alarm goes off horn honks & flashing lights.

No one is near the vehicle and its in my garage... What a pain in the ass this is becoming with my kids bedrooms above the garage. I have since just not locked the doors so the alarm does not go off but it still happens when we go somewhere and lock the vehicle.

George Ware
02-27-09, 08:52 PM
I have a 04, so far no issues.

George Ware

Nimrod
02-28-09, 09:37 AM
Yes thats annoying!:rant2:
I dont have problems with the horn alarm but with the siren in the cargo compartment. The siren starts to sound now and then, often in the middle of the night.
The dealer said that this could happen when the car has been standing, not driven, for a long time so that the battery gets low voltage. But im not sure if its true.
If they cant fix it at the next service i will have them disconnect the siren.

Northern SRX
02-28-09, 11:40 AM
Is it possible that the previous owner made an electronic alteration at some point in the past and something is shorting? Does your car have a non-factory remote start, for example?

tomm
03-01-09, 08:25 AM
Is it possible that the previous owner made an electronic alteration at some point in the past and something is shorting? Does your car have a non-factory remote start, for example?

Yes, I believe this to be the case. I am going to start taking the panels off the bottom of the dash to start investigating it. I opened the door the other day and went to unlock the doors but accidently hit the unlock button on the door 3 times and the car started... I was like WTF, So anyone can open the door and hit the lock button on the door and they dont need a key.

So yes, I guess they put a car starter in that somehow communicates through the GM LAN bus but it is probably bad or not configured correctly. Should be fun finding it but I am hoping its just in the bottom of the dash somewhere so I can remove it and see if the random alarm alerts stop.

frichickie
06-15-11, 04:03 PM
Yes! We have a 2008 SRX and the factory alarm goes off once during the night. My neighbors are pleased, I'm sure. The horn honks and the lights flash for a few minutes. I then go out to the car and select the unlock switch on my remote key. The horn honks 3 times and unlocks the car. This happened to my wife a few months ago but we never got to the bottom of it and I took it our Cadillac dealer. Of course they couldn't find anything wrong. A couple of months went by and it started again night before last.

I did have it in the shop for an issue with one of the tire sensors. They re-learned all the tire sensors. The honking started that night. Once at 10PM. The next night at 11PM. Maybe if it happens tonight too at 12, there is a pattern.

Right now, there is no repair and it is terrorizing me and neighbors.

allroadusa
06-15-11, 05:02 PM
Hi,
I recently got tons of false intrusion detections with alarm going off even in the middle of the night !
Unplugged the intrusion sensor and nights became silent again (you can also disactivate the sensor each time you leave your vehicle by pressing the "check" button on DIC).
Intrusion sensor is located on overhead console. Part number is 15774715 and is pretty expensive ! 816 listed at Paris stealership ! Got it @ buy gm parts worldwide for $400. You might want to leave without replacing it. As an car enthusiast, I hate owning a baby with something that doesn't work as expected. Install of new sensor is plug and play. No more false alarm detection.

frichickie
06-15-11, 05:09 PM
Thanks, it's still under warranty so I'll see if they will replace it. Is that on a stock system as well?

allroadusa
06-15-11, 05:16 PM
Yes it is : factory alarm.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-11, 05:17 PM
frichickie,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please let me know if your dealer fixes this issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

frichickie
07-05-11, 09:28 AM
frichickie,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please let me know if your dealer fixes this issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Elizabeth,

My dealer has been very good to me. I took it in with an Intrusion Detection alarm on the display. They kept the car for a week and half trying to recreate the issue. It did not alarm while they had it but the battery failed and they replaced it. They also changed out all the locks and sensors, hood, doors etc. So far, it has not alarmed.

Thank you,
Steve

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-05-11, 02:54 PM
frichickie,

I am glad to hear you have not experienced the issue since you have been to the dealership. If it happens again, please let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Se

08SRX
07-31-12, 07:42 AM
Do these issues start after the vehicle has been serviced and the battery was disconnected for a time?

Recessor
06-06-13, 03:35 AM
Yes thats annoying!:rant2:
I dont have problems with the horn alarm but with the siren in the cargo compartment. The siren starts to sound now and then, often in the middle of the night.
The dealer said that this could happen when the car has been standing, not driven, for a long time so that the battery gets low voltage. But im not sure if its true.
If they cant fix it at the next service i will have them disconnect the siren.

Hello!
I have the -08 SRX. And I have the same problem you had, with the siren. I've been looking all over for a solution but turned up empty handed. Were you able to find a solution to this problem?