: Just added heated seats; back works, front doesn't, help...

dkinder
02-27-09, 11:49 AM
I just yanked heated seats from a '99 to put into my '98. The plugs for the buttons were there in the front and back, but on the back you have to also switch over the harness that has the relays for the rear seats. However, on the front there aren't any relays under the seat to switch over ... the heated seats just plug into the the harness there. The rear seats work fine but the front seats don't do anything when you press the heated seat button. I think there are likely relays somewhere that I need to swap over but don't know where to look for them? Does anyone know?

CateraMV6
02-27-09, 01:25 PM
Speaking of the donor car, where did you get it from? DETROIT? I was about to buy an EX SPORT with heated seats and someone got it from under my nose.... it was a silver sport with no powertrain... guy wanted 200$ for the whole thing!

98 Catera
02-27-09, 01:34 PM
Ha funny, i've been askin that question on here for the past 2 weeks and no reply. But Ifinally found out from many many posts back that there are 2 relays under the dash rite below the mulitfuntion relay box, I still didn't go back to the donor car to get the relays but thats the only thing stopping my front seats from turning on. If you get on your back and look under the dash you'll see 2 relay spots up to the right by the driver side door in a few inches, the relays will plug in towards the firewall.

Mike