: Can't believe I finally have one!

VA_V8
02-27-09, 02:15 AM
So don't flame me too bad but I'm a life long honda/acura guy :hide: Been into serious performance modding since the get-go and have had 2.2L motors with higher peak horsepower than the CTS-V but have always felt like I was missing out on the torque. Oh yea, and RWD. When the CTS-V came out I knew it would be my next car. I love everything about it (except the shifter).

So today I bought an '06 platinum V with 38K miles. Still has original run-flats in the front but Toyos in the rear. I made sure to listen for any whining from the diff but didn't hear any. Drove it around for a couple hours today after leaving the lot and only noticed one issue. When I turn the a/c system off it doesn't stay off. When I hit the OFF button between the up and down buttons for the temp the screen goes mostly dark and reads OFF but maybe 60 seconds later I look down and it's on again. Happened at least five times. Is this operator error or a common problem or something else?

I still have the factory warranty through November so mods will be light until then. Definitely a shifter will be the first thing. After that, some coilovers and exhaust and w4m tune. Then we'll go to upgraded sways, struts, endlinks and we're off and running into another bottomless money pit LOL. But right now I think this about sums it up for me --> :cloud9: (You guys have some kickass smilies here.)

I'm driving the car out to my mom's farm tomorrow. Mostly just to flaunt it in front of my stepdad who has a C5 vette :nyanya: I'll take some pictures with some nice farmland background and probably a couple with the vette and post em up here tomorrow night. I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of weeks and it looks like a great place. I'm just glad I finally have something worthwhile to post about :thumbsup:

814V
02-27-09, 02:19 AM
:welcome: i highly recommend becoming a supporting member, it will pay for itself more then you know. and nice work on getting the fastest color!

and yes we have the best smilies in the business

rand49er
02-27-09, 09:53 AM
Congrats! ... and :welcome:

Yup, you'll love the car even more with a new shifter, and it doesn't much matter which way you go -- UUC, B&M, Katech (newer version) -- to make shifting feel so-o much better.

Get those pics up here!

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to American car ownership.

Cowan480
02-27-09, 10:07 AM
light MODS??? It's hard to do light MODS!! I am playing!! :welcome:

deedubb
02-27-09, 10:16 AM
welcome aboard!!

I too was/is a Honda/Acura fan. My last one was an NSX :D

Now we need pics!!

smoothmarine187
02-27-09, 10:33 AM
Same here, started with an Acura Integra, moved up to an Evo 8 and now I have the V. I still miss the Evo though and haven't completely decided if I made a good decision or not. I do like the V, I just miss the handling and performance of the Evo.

supernova_inc
02-27-09, 11:13 AM
I made the plung from a Acura also here. I had a 03 CL Type S with the 6MT. It was still a huge upgrade and I am loving every bit of the change. First mod should be the CAGS Elim, then the shifter. Best $13 I ever spent!

nmaier2201
02-27-09, 11:15 AM
i just miss the handling and performance of the evo.

heresy i say heresy!

Cowan480
02-27-09, 12:10 PM
VA_V8-Do you live in VA?

CTSV_510
02-27-09, 12:10 PM
When I turn the a/c system off it doesn't stay off. When I hit the OFF button between the up and down buttons for the temp the screen goes mostly dark and reads OFF but maybe 60 seconds later I look down and it's on again. Happened at least five times. Is this operator error or a common problem or something else?

Is your defrost on? If that's on it won't let you turn the A/C to "OFF".

Or if you press "AUTO" it will revert back. You're not hitting the button with your knuckles shifting into 5th are you? A new shifter will fix that...

:welcome:

smashn808
02-27-09, 02:42 PM
Congrats! I'm also a previous Honda owner. Had a RSX, Prelude, Supra, numerous civics, and most recent a M3 and EVO. I love my CTS-V and have never looked back. I do miss my Evo sometimes though.

814V
02-27-09, 03:22 PM
Congrats! I'm also a previous Honda owner. Had a RSX, Prelude, Supra, numerous civics, and most recent a M3 and EVO. I love my CTS-V and have never looked back. I do miss my Evo sometimes though.

sometims i miss my scoobie :shhh:

Albertan
02-27-09, 03:45 PM
When you do the shifter make sure you replace the rubber bushings with the Polyurethane bushings from Lindsay, call Luke. By the way, they also sell the UUC shifter.
Welcome, am I the only guy that came from a CTS to the V?

ccextra1976
02-27-09, 04:23 PM
When you do the shifter make sure you replace the rubber bushings with the Polyurethane bushings from Lindsay, call Luke. By the way, they also sell the UUC shifter.

audi to V for me....

I learned a trick on the bushings, use a piece of safety wire...wrap it around the aft end, then pry the bracket over the bushings...it holds them from comming off

blaausl10
02-27-09, 04:45 PM

Nope, I had an 05 CTS for about 1.5 years before switching to the V. I absolutely love driving the car.

XXeR
02-27-09, 06:46 PM
i just picked mine up a couple days ago, and ironically, i also got a silver 06 with 38K miles! my path of cars (that actually count, haha) was an 02 wrx to an 07 g35s to this 06 cts-v. i'm liking my latest choice so far :D

814V
02-27-09, 07:29 PM
i just picked mine up a couple days ago, and ironically, i also got a silver 06 with 38K miles! my path of cars (that actually count, haha) was an 02 wrx to an 07 g35s to this 06 cts-v. i'm liking my latest choice so far :D

ah another wize choice on the fastest color :sneaky:

ccextra1976
02-27-09, 10:38 PM

:anibs:

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:01 AM

:anibs:
retards, all...

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:03 AM
from an SHO and an Accord to the V for me...

ccextra1976
02-28-09, 01:47 AM

and we are the retards??? Ford car, yamaha motor :canttalk:

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:50 AM
and we are the retards??? Ford car, yamaha motor :canttalk:
damn straight. don't care much about Fords. But the Yamahammer is one of the greatest motors of all time...

bdmcleod
02-28-09, 01:51 AM

Did you ever post on shoforum? I used to post on there waaaay back in the day. I had a 95 sho mtx.
Oh and welcome to another new V owner! I picked mine up last week.

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:53 AM
Did you ever post on shoforum? I used to post on there waaaay back in the day. I had a 95 sho mtx.
Oh and welcome to another new V owner! I picked mine up last week.
yep. still do. and still active in the SHO community. I have the same screenname at shoforum. former '92 owner hurr. '92 ownz j0o...

ccextra1976
02-28-09, 01:56 AM
damn straight. don't care much about Fords. But the Yamahammer is one of the greatest motors of all time...

I give you the motor is sick, but in a FORD??? could have been another GN style car

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 02:51 AM
I give you the motor is sick, but in a FORD??? could have been another GN style car
The SHO guys know I'm not a Ford guy. It's all about the motor. That thing was intoxicating to redline. A 7000rpm redline in a sedan? In 1988? At the shoforums I'm well known as a GM guy...

ccextra1976
02-28-09, 02:54 AM
The SHO guys know I'm not a Ford guy. It's all about the motor. That thing was intoxicating to redline. A 7000rpm redline in a sedan? In 1988? At the shoforums I'm well known as a GM guy...

it is a very bada$$ motor, my buddy had one in his sand rail...worked awesome due to the high rev'n motor....and held up better than the rotary

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 02:56 AM
it is a very bada$$ motor, my buddy had one in his sand rail...worked awesome due to the high rev'n motor....and held up better than the rotarythere's a guy in AZ who has a pretty kick ass buggy...

ccextra1976
02-28-09, 03:06 AM
there's a guy in AZ who has a pretty kick ass buggy...

I lived in tucson for 10yrs, but my buddy's rail was in cali....there were only a couple I ever saw in glamis running that motor

fstshrk
02-28-09, 11:32 AM
Acura RL (08) to CTS-V here.

Nutz
02-28-09, 12:53 PM
69 Hurst/Olds replica to 05 Cts-V here :duck:

wgbanks
02-28-09, 01:43 PM
I thought my 2000 Regal GSX was a great car... until I bought my "V". At my age I have had a lot of cars and my 04 "V" has been the best. I also opted for the Platinum knowing that they were faster.

814V
02-28-09, 02:00 PM
Nissan Titan to the V for me

ccextra1976
02-28-09, 07:06 PM
I thought my 2000 Regal GSX was a great car... until I bought my "V". At my age I have had a lot of cars and my 04 "V" has been the best. I also opted for the Platinum knowing that they were faster.

:lies:

bdmcleod
02-28-09, 07:44 PM

Belleville eh?
My wife works in Belleville off North Belt West.

VA_V8
02-28-09, 07:57 PM
Wow, thanks for all the comments and warm welcomes, guys! It makes sense now that I think about it that the CTS-V would be a lot of people's first Cadillac. It's meant to appeal to people other than the usual Cadillac buyer I think. I just figured I might run into some import-haters.

CTSV_510 hit the nail on the head. My a/c "problem" was not a problem at all but instead was my knuckles hitting the buttons as I shifted to 3rd. Bit of egg on my face there :rolleyes: I did take some pictures yesterday at my mom's farm right at sunset and they were great. The thing is I used my stepdad's camera and he has yet to send the pictures to me so those should be coming soon. He also said his vette was "too dirty" to be photographed. He's just jealous. So just now I snapped a couple of pics with my own camera but it was getting dark outside so these are just appetizers. I'll get the better pics up soon. Everyone knows what a bone stock V looks like anyway though. But here's mine!

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/moosevega0309/DSCF2642.jpg

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/moosevega0309/DSCF2645.jpg

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/moosevega0309/DSCF2644.jpg

I did a lot of joyriding around again today. Did my first donut and was promptly asked to leave by mall security LOL.

Cowan480 asked if I live in VA and yes, I do. Fairfax represent!

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 08:01 PM
I thought my 2000 Regal GSX was a great car... until I bought my "V". At my age I have had a lot of cars and my 04 "V" has been the best. I also opted for the Platinum knowing that they were faster.dum

:lies:dums

VA_V8
03-01-09, 03:09 PM
OK here's my sunset pic

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/moosevega0309/cts_farm.jpg

03cts9011
03-01-09, 10:14 PM
Hey VA V8 congrats on your buy. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your V? I'm in the market and planning on buying one myself in the next couple months. Thanks in advance.

thebigjimsho
03-01-09, 10:58 PM
Just do it!

rlj5
03-01-09, 11:00 PM
:welcome:

Congrats on the fantastic platinum (fastest) V

have to make a trip to court next week because of owning a silver V,

"Just one of the hazards of owning the fastest color"

Someones gotta support the attorneys, Right!

rand49er
03-01-09, 11:05 PM
... I just figured I might run into some import-haters. ...Uh ... that would be me. :wavehi:

VA_V8
03-01-09, 11:06 PM
Hey VA V8 congrats on your buy. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your V? I'm in the market and planning on buying one myself in the next couple months. Thanks in advance.

$22,995... cash :cool:

XXeR
03-02-09, 01:41 PM
darn, you beat me by 1K, well done!

Civardi
03-02-09, 03:22 PM
I bet I am the only one that had a Kia Optima for the previous car. I really hate to admit that but having a 70 mile round trip to work it got the job done.

814V
03-02-09, 08:30 PM

i dont like seeing this..

VA_V8
03-02-09, 11:48 PM
i dont like seeing this..

Sorry. If it makes you feel any better I shopped around for over 4 months before finding this deal.

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 12:19 AM
good deal on a car that is fast no matter what color, despite what the retards say...