: Home made diff bushing puller

ctsv154
02-26-09, 08:13 PM
Well sorry pisnuoff but I got sick of waiting on the puller so I made my own. Its built with about $10 worth of parts. All thread, washers, and some 2 1/2" exhaust tubing left over from an exhaust mod on my old SRT-4. The puller worked great. The bushing was in there really good and I did tap on the diff right around the bushing very lightly with a ball peen hammer and it slide right out. I couldn't have asked for the tool to work any better. Here's a pic. If anybody wants to use it and pass along just pay shipping and I'll send it on its way. The first person to pm will be the first to get it and then on from there if it holds up. I wont make another one and I dont need this one back so once it leaves my hands its up to the next person to send it on.

I'll be the first to say its not the prettiest but it works. The whole thing is made of steel. I will add a grade 8 washer under the pull bolt so it doesn't wear through the washer. There is a lot of pressure on this thing when pulling the bushing out.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14b2l38.jpg

ctsv154
02-26-09, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah...... look what was waiting on me when I got home!
My engine is in transit as well! Its all starting to come together! FINALLY!

http://i40.tinypic.com/241a1y8.jpg

Twitch
02-26-09, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah...... look what was waiting on me when I got home!
My engine is in transit as well! Its all starting to come together! FINALLY!

http://i40.tinypic.com/241a1y8.jpg
Is that a modified fuel manifold I see?

CTSV_510
02-26-09, 09:05 PM
A modified fuel manifold indeed. :thumbsup:

ccextra1976
02-26-09, 09:47 PM
Well sorry pisnuoff but I got sick of waiting on the puller so I made my own. Its built with about $10 worth of parts. All thread, washers, and some 2 1/2" exhaust tubing left over from an exhaust mod on my old SRT-4. The puller worked great. The bushing was in there really good and I did tap on the diff right around the bushing very lightly with a ball peen hammer and it slide right out. I couldn't have asked for the tool to work any better. Here's a pic. If anybody wants to use it and pass along just pay shipping and I'll send it on its way. The first person to pm will be the first to get it and then on from there if it holds up. I wont make another one and I dont need this one back so once it leaves my hands its up to the next person to send it on.

I'll be the first to say its not the prettiest but it works. The whole thing is made of steel. I will add a grade 8 washer under the pull bolt so it doesn't wear through the washer. There is a lot of pressure on this thing when pulling the bushing out.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14b2l38.jpg

I'm on the bottom of the waiting list :( feel like loaning yours out for a fee?

CTSV_510
02-26-09, 10:03 PM
If anybody wants to use it and pass along just pay shipping and I'll send it on its way. The first person to pm will be the first to get it and then on from there if it holds up. I wont make another one and I dont need this one back so once it leaves my hands its up to the next person to send it on.

I'm on the bottom of the waiting list :( feel like loaning yours out for a fee?

:rolleyes:

ctsv154
02-26-09, 10:46 PM
A modified fuel manifold indeed. :thumbsup:

So what's modified about it? This is the only one I've seen in person.

ctsv154
02-26-09, 10:47 PM
And since ccextra is the only person that seems to be interested so far I guess he gets the puller.

CTSV_510
02-26-09, 10:57 PM
So what's modified about it? This is the only one I've seen in person.

The regular manifold has the connection coming out toward the front of the car, so the fuel line has to make a big U and go back to the firewall where the fuel line comes into the engine bay. It was the most ridiculous design ever. You can see it on the passenger side of this picture. Yours will instead go straight back. It's much cleaner that way.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/maggie/4.jpg

At one point, someone made a few like the one you have. You lucky sonuvabitch.

Oh yeah, do you spend all day just coming up with more cool shit to do for your V? :lol:

heavymetals
02-26-09, 11:03 PM
I have one for sale.

One of the originals.

Never used it.

ctsv154
02-26-09, 11:03 PM
I try! lol I'm going to start another thread about my fogs right after this post!

ccextra1976
02-26-09, 11:30 PM
And since ccextra is the only person that seems to be interested so far I guess he gets the puller.

I sent you a PM, again thanks....to the rest once I am done with it I will post it back here to pass it along.

ctsv154
02-26-09, 11:36 PM
The regular manifold has the connection coming out toward the front of the car, so the fuel line has to make a big U and go back to the firewall where the fuel line comes into the engine bay. It was the most ridiculous design ever. You can see it on the passenger side of this picture. Yours will instead go straight back. It's much cleaner that way.

At one point, someone made a few like the one you have. You lucky sonuvabitch.

Oh yeah, do you spend all day just coming up with more cool shit to do for your V? :lol:

Thanks for the info!

814V
02-27-09, 02:26 AM

sexy

rangerrob
02-27-09, 03:57 AM
I have one for sale.

One of the originals.

Never used it.

one what? one original maggie? if so, sign me up! PM Sent heavy... keeping my fingers x-ed...

Twitch
02-27-09, 06:32 AM
one what? one original maggie? if so, sign me up! PM Sent heavy... keeping my fingers x-ed...
:banghead: Well.......its part of the Maggie

945liter
02-27-09, 10:48 AM
Hello CTSV154,

Its me again :thumbsup: if no one has claimed it i will be doing my bushing soon so that would be great! Headers have been great other then the very LOUD valvetrain ticking by the collectors this is normal?

lollygagger8
02-27-09, 10:53 AM
Hello CTSV154,

Its me again :thumbsup: if no one has claimed it i will be doing my bushing soon so that would be great! Headers have been great other then the very LOUD valvetrain ticking by the collectors this is normal?

That is normal.

ccextra1976
02-27-09, 12:01 PM
Hello CTSV154,

I sent him a PM last night, but if you PM me you address I will send it to you as soon as I am done swapping my bushing out

ctsv154
02-27-09, 08:23 PM
Hello CTSV154,

Yeah the puller is going to ccextra1976 as he was the first to contact me about it.

You know, everybody complains about the valve train tick and everybody says its normal. I hate it! I pulled the stock rocker arms because I got a deal on a set of Crane adjustable gold roller rockers. After the rocker arm install, it killed 95% of the tick. I think the rest of the tick was injector tick echoing threw the fast 90 intake with no foam on the bottom.

There is a lot of slop in the stock rocker. A LOT!!! The trunion and the rocker clearance is way to loose and lets them clack. Thats my theory anyway. I had the 1.7 accelerated lift rockers because I couldn't go 1.8 with the cam I had but got another hell of a deal on just the 1.8 rockers. $230 for rockers with only 300 miles. They look brand new! They are going in with a smaller cam and the maggie!

c5racr1
02-28-09, 03:00 PM
how much diff noise is added with the new bushing? is it worth the installation or not? for those who had the the bmr pinion support how much noise compared to that?

ctsv154
02-28-09, 03:02 PM
car is undrivable right now so I cant comment on the noise. There are several that have already done it and driven with it so maybe they can chime in.