: Coolant Leak

MauiV
02-26-09, 04:44 PM
Well I have gotten the check coolant level message for a couple of months and it may need a touch added but nothing major.

Today I had some grime on the front passenger door so I went to clean it off with some Speed Shine and inside the front wheel well and all across the bottom of the skirt was wet.

I appears like I have a coolant leak somewhere on the passenger side, it isnt hitting the pavement. It doesnt look like its the intercooler but its hard to tell.

Any ideas? I think I am still on my original radiator too.

perfect
02-26-09, 04:55 PM
I have this same problem (as well as many others on this board). There is a TSB on this issue, and some people have been able to get their radiator replaced (or the surge cap).

I have the same problem and it is frustrating to add more coolant every few months!

perfect
02-26-09, 04:56 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/124450-adding-coolant-every-2-3-weeks.html

Knew I'd find it as soon as I hit the first reply!

MauiV
02-26-09, 05:00 PM
So is the inside of your passanger front wheel well actually wet?

CTSV_510
02-26-09, 05:06 PM
pics?

ATLDon
02-26-09, 08:18 PM
I had the lower hose clamps leaking, replaced the clamps, leak fixed. Got to love those cheap a$$ spring clamps.:thumbsup:

814V
02-27-09, 02:21 AM
gotta watch them radiators..

nmaier2201
02-27-09, 10:24 AM
yeah my brother in law had his V leaking coolant from the radiator... was coming out of the seam.... dealer replaced it for free... no questions asked.

MauiV
02-27-09, 10:38 AM
Cool. Now I just need to get it to the dealer. There isnt a drop of fluid in my garage so it seems like it only does it while driving.

So will my intercooler be a problem for the tech if they do have to replace or is it simple plug and play swap?

nmaier2201
02-27-09, 10:40 AM
I'm not 100% but I think your intercooler mounts up using radiator supports... so at a min they will have to move it out of the way or at least disconnect it from it's mounting brackets....

...... hint....I'd have to look at the maggie install docs on the FAQ to be 100% sure

MauiV
02-27-09, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I need to go look through those pics. I just talked to the service writer at the small dealer that doesnt question anything and looks like I cant get it in till Monday which is fine I guess since it is raining here and Ill probably be in the Jeep all weekend anyway.

Thanks