: Used 2009 CTS-V's............

FreddyG
02-26-09, 01:15 PM
Has anyone seen any yet?

I know that they just came out, but with the current economy, I was wondering if anyone has seen a used Vee yet.

Also, I was thinking about this yesterday and if GM is hurting so badly, why don't they offer the 0% for 60 on the Vee's too? If they would do that and with a GMS code, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! They'd sell some cars and also help keep peeps in work!

Cub Cadet
02-26-09, 02:03 PM
I completely agree. I would buy one today if I could get that deal.

wait4me
02-26-09, 02:36 PM
If you ever notice, they never say they are loosing money on the specialty cars. They only sneak in the comment of the regular cars.. I think they do really good on the zr1 and the V. The profit is really good on them and they sell them before they are even made to the dealers. That is alot different than say a truck, where you see 50+ on a lot of a dealer that arent sold.. How many Zr1s are sitting on a lot somewhere,.. Well unless the dealer is still being an ass and marking the price up 50g....

Razorecko
02-26-09, 03:13 PM
^ not only that but items that are special order or a pain in the arse to get like the recaro's or the 6spd manual will demand a high used price. I find it funny how on the other car forums everyone brags how they'll be able to buy one in a year for like 40k. lol, if GM keeps producing them at the rate they currently do i would be very suprised to see one go under 47.

Cadillac Tony
02-26-09, 04:02 PM
If GM makes a good profit on the Vs, they sure don't pass it on to the Dealer- our margin is basically the same as a loaded V6 model (which is to say, "not much").

The reason they don't do 0% on the V is because it's a low volume car that pretty much sells itself without incentives. As wait4me said, there aren't a lot of CTS-Vs or ZR1s gathering dust on lots that need help to get sold- the same can't be said of Escalades and other models. Even if sales of the V were dragging, it's a low volume car so 0% wouldn't result in a whole lot more sales since there aren't that many out there to sell.

There's two sides to the coin, as many Gen 1 CTS-V owners are discovering. They loved the horrific resale value when they bought theirs cheap, but now they're mad because they can barely get $15k-$18k for the car. If the new V continues to do well and avoid incentives it WILL cost more to get one, but your total cost of ownership will be a lot less.

Razorecko
02-26-09, 04:05 PM
If GM makes a good profit on the Vs, they sure don't pass it on to the Dealer- our margin is basically the same as a loaded V6 model (which is to say, "not much").

The reason they don't do 0% on the V is because it's a low volume car that pretty much sells itself without incentives. As wait4me said, there aren't a lot of CTS-Vs or ZR1s gathering dust on lots that need help to get sold- the same can't be said of Escalades and other models. Even if sales of the V were dragging, it's a low volume car so 0% wouldn't result in a whole lot more sales since there aren't that many out there to sell.

There's two sides to the coin, as many Gen 1 CTS-V owners are discovering. They loved the horrific resale value when they bought theirs cheap, but now they're mad because they can barely get $15k-$18k for the car. If the new V continues to do well and avoid incentives it WILL cost more to get one, but your total cost of ownership will be a lot less.

^ well not only that but the V2 crushed the value of the V1...same would be said if a V3 would come out it would also destroy the V2 value...Most likely a V3 will never make it ou

Krug Ford
02-26-09, 07:00 PM
Tony is right the Cadillac Rep was in today and I asked him about that..

Also I asked Greg Barnett on the Brake Package and he said he would look into it for me..

Flavoade
02-27-09, 12:05 AM
There is a Black on Black Auto, at Supreme Cadillac in Hammond, LA that was red tagged for a while if you are interested in that.

FreddyG
02-27-09, 12:17 AM
Thanks for your replies Guys!

They could pick up production then though and sell more cars and they NEED to sell cars! I think that the Camaro will help and so will the Volt, but at this present time, selling the limited production Vee's and ZR1's isn't going to keep the doors open! They sure don't hurt the cause though!

I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part for the 0/60 and I might have to break down and get one while I still can! Just kind of thinking out loud! :cheers:

There is a Black on Black Auto, at Supreme Cadillac in Hammond, LA that was red tagged for a while if you are interested in that.

Thanks for looking out!

What is the red tag price? Is it better than GMS?