: What's the special tool for brake calipers?

redsoxnation5
02-26-09, 12:34 AM
Two bolts that attach it to the mounting bracket have very strange heads. It's '03 EXT.

fierodough
02-26-09, 07:55 AM
Two bolts that attach it to the mounting bracket have very strange heads. It's '03 EXT.

I would assume it either an Allen key or Torx. Most likeley a Torx with GM.

luxurylife33
02-26-09, 08:24 AM
t55 torx. You can go to sears and buy the one bit. Attach it to a 3/8s rachet and ur ready to go.

redsoxnation5
03-13-09, 02:02 PM
Wow, thanks a lot!:worship:

Guyz1996deville
03-17-09, 11:39 AM
Good luck breaking it loose with the 3/8 drive. Might want some heat and an adapter for the 1/2 inch breaker.

Guyz1996deville
03-17-09, 11:43 AM
Make sure to pump them up good before you put it in gear, Little squishy at first. You should research first before you get on the road with your new hack brake job. There is a way to do things properly. Factory service manual will save you so much down the road in uneducated repairs.

fierodough
03-17-09, 03:38 PM
You should research first before you get on the road with your new hack brake job. There is a way to do things properly. Factory service manual will save you so much down the road in uneducated repairs.

What makes you think he will do a hacked job??? Are you an angry unemployed mechanic or something?

jwtjwt
03-17-09, 10:50 PM
I will buy the guide. Let me know where to purchase.

pcguy760
03-18-09, 03:46 AM
What makes you think he will do a hacked job??? Are you an angry unemployed mechanic or something?

LOL. Ummmmm.... LOL.

Superjim
03-18-09, 07:38 AM
I will buy the guide. Let me know where to purchase.

On e-bay or at HELMINC.com

pcguy760
03-18-09, 11:10 AM
Hey is this the same torx type socket that most GM's use? I ask because I bought one several years ago for my Pontiac so it would be great if it is the same thing - save me from buying another.

Guyz1996deville
03-18-09, 11:24 AM
I am a design engineer. I design Trucks, and truck componments. You loser Fierodough. I am trying to help out here. I have been a mechanic already for years. I do the work on my trucks, cars bikes and whatever. Calling the Torx a specialty tool just through up a red flag. I did have to laugh at your comment though. Keep em coming:)

fierodough
03-18-09, 02:13 PM
I am a design engineer. I design Trucks, and truck componments. You loser Fierodough. I am trying to help out here. I have been a mechanic already for years. I do the work on my trucks, cars bikes and whatever. Calling the Torx a specialty tool just through up a red flag. I did have to laugh at your comment though. Keep em coming:)

I am an Engineer as well but I believe anyone is capable of doing anything if they put their mind to it. I had no idea what a digital oscilloscope was when I fist came into Electronic Engineering but then someone taught me how to use it and now I teach others how to use it. Give people a chance and they might surprise you.

oldworld
03-18-09, 02:20 PM
PEACE....:tisk:
lol

Guyz1996deville
03-19-09, 01:01 PM
I am an Engineer as well but I believe anyone is capable of doing anything if they put their mind to it. I had no idea what a digital oscilloscope was when I fist came into Electronic Engineering but then someone taught me how to use it and now I teach others how to use it. Give people a chance and they might surprise you.

So you may do new product design as well. I put quality first and cost savings next in my designs. Potencially a person could put the caliper back together wrong. Just looking out for the persons well being. Where are you an engineer at. Rockwell Automation here. Designing the drives for the A3 Hemmit, and the JLTV currently. Check the post that I have done. There is a link for what I do. Cheers and have fun:yup:

pcguy760
03-20-09, 02:16 AM
Wow you guys are funny and it almost sounds like a bragging competition in Engineering but what do I know lol.

Silver04
04-17-09, 10:28 AM
I had a stuck front caliper on my ESV last night. The torx and the bracket bolts were absolutely brutal to break loose. Had to use the torch to heat them all. Enough loctite on the originals! I picked up a new one from NAPA ($60)...had to turn in the bracket too to avoid a core charge...odd. The good news...new caliper came with NON TORX bolts!