: service stability system help

slopoke
02-25-09, 10:43 PM
Hey there, i have an 02 escalade. while driving through some windy mountain roads the stability system kept kicking in when i would be getting into a turn, so i turned it off with the button. it would straighten out for a while so i would turn it back on. then back in the twisties i would turn it off again. well after a bit the SSS light came on and just stayed on. This has been about 2 months now and i cant seem to figure it out. i checked the height sensors and they all seem fine. i disconnected my battery for 10 mins. and it still came right on. I have been by autozone to have them pull a code and it says system clear. So what do i do? how do i start finding why the light wont go away.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

zerocarpileup
02-26-09, 03:02 AM
There is a few threads about this happening the 02s, what i have seen happen with the steering is the steering wheel position sensor. it sits behind the kick panel on the steering shaft itself, its a round white ring with a connector on it. its very delicate and actually wears over time. there are many variables when trying to diagnose the SSS light but if it has to do with your steering it is almost always the sensor,i the dealer pulled trouble codes C0205.207. i think i paid 80 for the sensor and 150 to get it installed. Dont go to the stealer either, they wanted 600+. hope this helped.

93si
02-26-09, 01:52 PM
My 02 had so many problems with the Stability it was crazy. And the dealer never could get it working proper..

slopoke
02-26-09, 09:20 PM
thanks for the help. I seemed baffeled after searching on here and people were able to go to autozone and get a code pulled. when i went they said that they could only pull engine codes. Thanks for the tip on the steering sensor. from searching i had seen that many people were having that same issue. my SSS light had never come on before that spirited drive through the mountains, so i am sure it had something to do with that. I guess i will just have to find someone else who can read the code and go from there. Thank you all.

luxurylife33
02-26-09, 10:16 PM
autozone cant read those codes.... You have to buy a GM specific scanner or bring it to the dealer and get it checked out.

joee5
02-27-09, 12:08 AM
My wifes trailblazer goes crazy when she drives over the tracks too fast. Every light comes on the dash. Next morning all is good, I suppose it resets itself. God Bless,Joe