: your problems are characteristic of that vehicle

stfustev
02-25-09, 03:58 PM
First I'd like to say hello to everyone. I have had this account for a while but haven't had an urge to post yet. Because I have been able to answer most of my questions using the search bar.
Now I just want to share my woes, maybe some of you guys can relate to this. I'm not gonna name the dealership in question as of now.

I have been to and from the service department 8 times now in the last week. Trying to explain the problems I'm having and everytime I leave thinking finally they understood what i'm talking about. Only to be call back the next day and have the rep tell me a list of MY concerns that weren't even close to what i described. Obviously they couldn't be duplicated. But the other thing they also add in there, thats driving me nuts, is "that (clunk, noise, whine, feedback) is normal as per gm, that is charactic of your(transmission, vehicle, drivetrain)."
This is my second vehicle with this engine/tranmission combination. Both have been daily drivers. I think i can pretty well tell what issues have developed over time.

If there's interest i'll describe the issues i'm having. otherwise i just feel bad for writing such a long post.

thankyou for reading

814V
02-25-09, 04:00 PM
new dealer.. my car has the faintest of a rear end whine and they are replacing my diff tomorrow no questions asked

oh yea! and :welcome:

deedubb
02-25-09, 04:02 PM
Yup, I agree with 814....go find a new dealer!

stfustev
02-25-09, 04:12 PM
Well the first dealership (heritage cadillac, lombard, il) I tried not only put me in a chevy aveo for the weekend as a loaner car. But also when I got it back my g meter was showing 1.01<----g---->1.03. when I took it in for a whining diff and other issues. So needless to say I hate those guys now and wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit. so now I'm giving Naperville caddy a shot, the people there are much nicer all around, I dont feel like I'm leaving my car with a bunch of punks. But they just dont seem to be as knowledgeable as I'd expect from a place that claims to have 2 world class techs. At least they have put me in a buick lucerne for the time being. they use enterprise for loaners also.

Maybe someone from chicagoland can chime in on a good dealership that knows the ins and outs of our cars.

rand49er
02-25-09, 04:15 PM
I've dealt personally with two dealers; it was day and night.

Go to another one until you get taken care of ... there are some fabulous dealers out there. Where are you?

stfustev
02-25-09, 04:21 PM
southwest burbs of chicago

JD03Cobra
02-25-09, 04:34 PM
I've dealt personally with two dealers; it was day and night.

Go to another one until you get taken care of ... there are some fabulous dealers out there. Where are you?

Hey Rand49er, which dealer do you deal with? Massey?

MescalVto
02-25-09, 06:03 PM
Yes, Massey (in Plymouth) is the dealer that has been treating Randy right - I am certain as that is where I first met him and they were taking care of something that required them to remove and re-install his headers and I think he said they only asked him to supply the gaskets :thumbsup:

Not sure who his favorite service writer is, but I recommend Keith - he is very knowledgeable and has taken good care of me in the past.

CadiBlk
02-25-09, 07:35 PM
Heritage does suck. My car was originally purchased from them. I took it there after I bought it for an oil change and asked them to check my fluids, they said that wouldn't touch the clutch or tranny due to my aftermarket shifter (i just wanted them to check the fluids). They did however tell me that they would happily do the 15,000 mile service for $600 and I told them to lick my sack and never took it back. Hopefully Naptown will be able to help you. I know a couple guys that used a dealer in Schaumburg that was handy.

I fortunately never had to have any work done while I lived in Oakbrook, just that oil change.

Doctornick
02-25-09, 07:57 PM
Folley Cadillac is the ONLY dealership in the chicagoland area you should be taking your V too. The service writer Mike R. over there knows a lot about the Vs and intimately understands our needs. I've tried a few dealerships and I gotta say, Folley is the only one I know that really takes care of you.

stfustev
02-25-09, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the input. I just took my car back from naperville tonight, because i'm going to be out of town till tuesday and I dont feel like re-explaining my issues to them for a third time. I think I'll be getting a hold of Folley in the near future. I dont really care about the hour drive up there, if it's good service then it's worth it.

CadzillaTN
02-25-09, 10:19 PM
when I got it back my g meter was showing 1.01<----g---->1.03. when I took it in for a whining diff and other issues. So needless to say I hate those guys now and wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit.

I'm hoping you are plotting a serious follow up to this. When I say serious, Im not talking about complaining to some douche bag service manager either.

rand49er
02-25-09, 10:23 PM
Hey Rand49er, which dealer do you deal with? Massey?Yup.

Yes, Massey (in Plymouth) is the dealer that has been treating Randy right - I am certain as that is where I first met him and they were taking care of something that required them to remove and re-install his headers and I think he said they only asked him to supply the gaskets :thumbsup:

Not sure who his favorite service writer is, but I recommend Keith - he is very knowledgeable and has taken good care of me in the past.Naw, it was my first diff. They had to mess with the Corsa and wanted to know about gaskets at the header interface. I get a new service writer every time I go in ... they're all great!

Don Massey has been very good to me. Wish I could buy a new V from them. Wish I could buy a new V from Tony Pagano in Florida. Wish I could buy a new V from Lindsay.

LT4POWR
02-25-09, 11:21 PM
But also when I got it back my g meter was showing 1.01<----g---->1.03

:eek: I'd be :mad2:

SkullV
02-26-09, 01:40 AM
Go to Schepel Cadillac in Merillville, IN. They have NEVER batted an eye at my mods. Have replaced 2 diffs, diff bushing, supplemental diff bushings (which suck)...and fixed a leak in my header connections and covered it under warranty!

rangerrob
02-26-09, 02:28 AM
where's folley cadillac at? i usually go to Patrick Cadillac in Schamuburg, haven't had any issues with them yet, I concur with Ted about Schepel, that's where I bought my V and if I'm ever in Indiana I go there...

KaMaSuTrA
02-26-09, 12:31 PM
Steve Foley Cadillac
100 N. Skokie Blvd
Northbrook IL 60062

847- 849-2256

I've been thinking about going there also since I was given the same bullshit "characteristic" excuse....

Doctornick
02-26-09, 12:47 PM
^ yep. Good guys over-there. Just don't try to scam them and ruin it for the rust of us :D

KaMaSuTrA
02-26-09, 02:16 PM
^ yep. Good guys over-there. Just don't try to scam them and ruin it for the rust of us :D

I'm on a GMPP so theres no way thats going to happen....not with the penny pinching GM is doing these days. I just want a dealer that can continue to follow through with the warranty I paid for without their "characteristic" ploy when its obvious that something is wrong with the covered parts.

onebadcad
02-26-09, 03:50 PM
Amazing just how crappy most, not all, stealerships are!!!
Although not allowable, I think most dealers consider:

1) if you are the original owner
2) age and appearance of owner
3) miles and age of vehicle,
4) their own contribution for the warranty work

When I buy a V2, I will politely ask the dealer to take the cost of the warranty off the negotiated sales price, as I will probably mod it out of warranty, or chose not to deal with douchesaks.

CadiBlk
02-26-09, 05:22 PM
Amazing just how crappy most, not all, stealerships are!!!
Although not allowable, I think most dealers consider:

1) if you are the original owner
2) age and appearance of owner
3) miles and age of vehicle,
4) their own contribution for the warranty work

When I buy a V2, I will politely ask the dealer to take the cost of the warranty off the negotiated sales price, as I will probably mod it out of warranty, or chose not to deal with douchesaks.

I second trying to get some moneys off on engine/drivetrain warranty if you are going to void it anyway, but maybe consider to still carry it for interior problems that may arise. Such as the gd rear sail panels in the V1.

stfustev
06-18-09, 11:55 PM
well I figured a follow up post was in order. last week I took the V in to Foley. First off I loved the recorded message you get when you call them. "please pick your extension, 1 for cadillac, 2 for rolls royce, 3 for bently." But, wow what a different experience they were from the others. the service consultant Lee B. remembered my case before he even got it loaded up on the computer. they use enterpirse for their loaner cars like most of the gm dealerships around here, but they did have a 09 dts waiting for me. the next day they called me and said i can come pick up my car until the parts get in. they said the rear end whine was obvious and had ordered a new one. this was last wednesday and thursday. now tuesday came around and got a call that my parts were in. I brought it in that day and they put me in a dts again. I was figuring the install would take a week or at least a few days. but no, they had my new rear end install, got my competition mode showing on the nav screen again, and even washed it in less than a day. I picked it up that morning and now the drivetrain feels and sounds like new again. such a great experience, they didn't treat me like some punk kid and obviously their mechanics know their stuff. I now know where I will be going when it's time to upgrade to a v2 in a couple years.

Thank you to all of you who suggested I go there for my warranty work.
A++ experience with foley in northbrook.

CadzillaTN
06-19-09, 12:32 AM
when I got it back my g meter was showing 1.01<----g---->1.03.

this still bothers me. F! those ass*oles. those are serious turns, probably on a main city street. too late now of course, but you should have documented that on site, and had your lawyer send them a thank you card. Its your personal auto, a significant investment. Not some punk's toy.

MauiV
06-19-09, 12:43 AM
I am about to see how much warrenty work my podunk no questions asked dealer wants to do since they did get their "Your going out of business" letter. New rear diff, new headlights, new drivers seat, oil pressure sensor, anything else I should try for?

SkullV
06-19-09, 02:02 AM
Maybe someone from chicagoland can chime in on a good dealership that knows the ins and outs of our cars.

You NEED to take your car to Schepel Cadillac in Merrerville, IN ASAP! They have 4 GM world class/gold class/every certification technicians in addition to their HUGE staff of other techs.......Picking up my car there tomorrow. All of my concerns were fixed. The list was:

1) Peeling headlights - Replaced Headlights
2) Diff Groan - TSB flush and fill (they already replaced 2 diffs for me no questions asked)
3) Clunk in rear getting worst - New diff Bushing

The only thing that wasn't fixed was the excessive ticking sound (which I already KNEW was caused by my headers) and just to make SURE the under hood sound was normal they pulled the engine covers off 2 other CTS-V's on the lot just to listen!

They have ALWAYS provided the best service and the enterprise that is connected to the dealership put me up in a 2009 CTS for the last 3 days! Talk to Lee or Mike in their service department and they will hook you up! Tell them Ted with the red CTS-V sent you!

I am about to see how much warrenty work my podunk no questions asked dealer wants to do since they did get their "Your going out of business" letter. New rear diff, new headlights, new drivers seat, oil pressure sensor, anything else I should try for?

Schepel has already replaced ALL of my seat covers!

rand49er
06-19-09, 09:08 AM
... The only thing that wasn't fixed was the excessive ticking sound (which I already KNEW was caused by my headers) ...Mine is getting embarrassingly loud. Got a guy Den_93 knows who's gonna fix it. How are you gonna do yours, Ted?

OP: Just so this isn't a complete threadjack, glad you reported back here and the report was positive! :highfive:

SkullV
06-19-09, 10:02 AM
Oops...double post!

SkullV
06-19-09, 10:10 AM
Mine is getting embarrassingly loud. Got a guy Den_93 knows who's gonna fix it. How are you gonna do yours, Ted?

OP: Just so this isn't a complete threadjack, glad you reported back here and the report was positive! :highfive:

AFR Heads and a nice cam! :highfive:

PISNUOFF
06-23-09, 12:13 PM
Mine is getting embarrassingly loud. Got a guy Den_93 knows who's gonna fix it. How are you gonna do yours, Ted?

Randy:

Mine started about a month ago. Replaced rocker arms, lifters, push rods, tried thinner oil, tried thicker oil...... Still ticking. Let me know if you figure out how to stop it.

DRKSIDE
06-23-09, 12:30 PM
Glad you found a good dealer. It can be a real pain when they start coming up with excuses. My tranny has been jumping out of second gear for 6 months now. Reverse is occasionally hard to get into. The other day the "R" on the digital display stayed on for 3 miles until I went into reverse again. I took it in and they replaced the tranny mount. Didn't check the synchros, didn't check the reverse lockout... just replaced the mount. Car is still popping out of second.

Typically when they say the problem is "typical of this type of vehicle" what they mean is that the tech compared it to another V on the lot. Shifter is sloppy? So is the other V's on the lot. Rear end clunk? So is the other V's on the lot. "Must be typical".

Tards suck.