: Any tips I might need to know.

4.9 Guy
02-25-09, 03:30 PM
I'm about to install 4 15" MTX subs in my trunk. I already have had almost every surface on the car dynomatted. Now, before I start to crank my shit, is there anything important I should know about?

Yuben Pimpslapt
02-25-09, 04:32 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! 4 of them??? What kind of amp(s) are you running?? You're gonna SHAKE tha BLOCK!!

4.9 Guy
02-25-09, 05:26 PM
4 of these. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/amplifiers/class-d-power-reference-amplifiers/

soulman07
02-25-09, 06:26 PM
Me personally, I'd go ahead and upgrade the alt and perform the big 3. It's a for sure way to avoid killing it in the future. If you plan on running anything beyond 1,000RMS watts I'd actually look into upgrading your standard battery and also adding a spare for the amps you are powering. I don't know if the PR's put out a true 1,000RMS a piece or not. With having so many subs and not upgrading your power accordingly. You won't be getting anywhere near you max potentional out of your system. (An your lights will dim like a motha *****)

Look into getting a decent (CS144) I think delco made that for the 93 lac. An get some decent guage wiring. For 4,000 RMS watts of power ACTUAL. You'd need a 300amp alternator at the MINIUM with 2 or 3 batteries just to supply sufficient power to your system.

With that being said. Whoevers installing your system should know what to tell you at the time. If they don't mention it, I'd look for another installer. If you plan on installing it yourself. Let me know if you have any questions.

4.9 Guy
02-25-09, 07:05 PM
I got all the power stuff up to snuff. I have 3 Optima Yellowtops powering the amps, and also have a heavy duty alternator. The heavy guage wires also. Pretty much I'm building this car up for competitions. My bad, I linked the wrong type amps. These are the correct ones.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/amplifiers/class-d-street-edge-amplifiers/

still_walkin
03-07-09, 03:48 AM
Yeah sounds great big3 and ho alt. Also make sure you go with 0 guage on the big3 wht kinnd of alt you going with.