: Best Source Hotchkis Sways

rjoffe
02-25-09, 12:43 AM
As the title says,

What's the best source for Hotchkis Sways ?

Best price I have seen so far with shipping was right under $400 from Jegs.

Anyone got a better source ?

shadybx7
02-25-09, 01:24 AM
i have seen them on ebay for 350+ shipping but haven't seen any new sets in a while.

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 04:01 PM
don't remember. vivid racing? do a search.

rjoffe
02-25-09, 04:06 PM
I've done the search, Jegs came out on top, just wondering if anyone else had a line on a better deal. Otherwise I'll order from Jegs.

Thanks,

Ron

rjoffe
02-25-09, 05:42 PM
Ordered from BYUNSPEED $390 with free shipping .

ctsv154
02-25-09, 07:21 PM
Free shipping just sold the deal from byunspeed.

jnrandall
02-25-09, 10:48 PM
I just purchased mine last week from the Tire Rack for $394 plus $22, second day FedEx.

ctsv154
02-25-09, 11:15 PM
22 for second day isn't bad either! Most places are around 50 bucks to ship ups ground

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 11:23 PM
22 for second day isn't bad either! Most places are around 50 bucks to ship ups ground
The TireRack is crazy fast in their shipping for great prices...

CTSV_510
02-25-09, 11:35 PM
I wasn't able to find them for much less than about $400 anywhere when I was looking.

This was a great mod, I was very pleased when I installed mine.

shadybx7
02-25-09, 11:59 PM
This was a great mod, I was very pleased when I installed mine.

Ight so are the Hotchkis sways worth the $$$ for street use with the stock alignment?? I just want to reduce the body roll without lowering my care [just like twitch]

I searched ~~> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/138032-should-i-feel-big-difference-hotchkis.html

Twitch said he couldn't feel the difference.. you guys debate alignment.. Then V10boost says Hotchkis bars and elibach springs are the $hit... :confused:

So are the sway bars worth the $$$???

Doctornick
02-26-09, 11:23 AM
vivid racing?

Well known scam artists in the subaru world. Buyer beware.

thebigjimsho
02-26-09, 01:07 PM
Ight so are the Hotchkis sways worth the $$$ for street use with the stock alignment?? I just want to reduce the body roll without lowering my care [just like twitch]

I searched ~~> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/138032-should-i-feel-big-difference-hotchkis.html

Twitch said he couldn't feel the difference.. you guys debate alignment.. Then V10boost says Hotchkis bars and elibach springs are the ... :confused:

So are the sway bars worth the $$$???
don't forget, twitch can't drive...

jnrandall
02-26-09, 01:22 PM
I've been living with my new Hotchkis anti-sway bars for a week now. As stated before, in normal driving situations, I can't tell I have them. When I push the limits, I feel how flat the car feels on fast corners. I was more of a "drive fast in a straight line" kind of driver. I always felt alittle uneasy because of the body roll. I also never got my g-meter to go beyond .6 or .7. This week alone, its at .92 on the left and .89 on the right. When the weather gets warmer, and I have more grip, I'm aiming for a full G or more. My recent G pulls were also done with stabilatrac on. I can't wait to turn it off and try harder. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
02-26-09, 01:34 PM
even if you can't feel it, just pretend...

CTSV_510
02-26-09, 01:37 PM
even if you can't feel it, just pretend...

you are a lonely man.

thebigjimsho
02-26-09, 01:47 PM
you are a lonely man.
that may be true. maybe. maybe not...

shadybx7
02-27-09, 12:47 AM
I've been living with my new Hotchkis anti-sway bars for a week now. As stated before, in normal driving situations, I can't tell I have them. When I push the limits, I feel how flat the car feels on fast corners. I was more of a "drive fast in a straight line" kind of driver. I always felt alittle uneasy because of the body roll. I also never got my g-meter to go beyond .6 or .7. This week alone, its at .92 on the left and .89 on the right. When the weather gets warmer, and I have more grip, I'm aiming for a full G or more. My recent G pulls were also done with stabilatrac on. I can't wait to turn it off and try harder. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback jn.. i have hit over a G in the V with KDW2's and they aren't even that sticky.. So there is definitely an decrease in body roll with these installed?? Any more feedback?

814V
02-27-09, 03:30 AM
don't remember. vivid racing? do a search.

i live down the street from there.. you buy them and ill pick them up and let you know how they are :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 12:28 AM
i live down the street from there.. you buy them and ill pick them up and let you know how they are :thumbsup:already have 'em...

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback jn.. i have hit over a G in the V with KDW2's and they aren't even that sticky.. So there is definitely an decrease in body roll with these installed?? Any more feedback?
1.25 and 1.22 with GC, FG2, Hotchkis and PS2s at Shenandoah...