: side-view mirror control

98 Catera
02-24-09, 04:41 PM
A few weeks ago I had to replace my side-view mirror contoller on the driver side door cause I could only adjust my mirrors left and right but not up and down. I replaced the controller and everything is great now. The only question I have is.. The switch I removed had the circle and switch, the one installed has the circle and switch and a lil yellow light that never turns on.. what is this for?

-Mike

Army_MP_From_MO
02-24-09, 10:26 PM
I'd bet money that it's supposed to light up with the headlights, like the door lock LED. Just a guess though.

98 Catera
02-25-09, 12:48 AM
Yea, I was thinking that. Or I had another idea, but yet I was wrong on that one too. (I was thinking it was a folded mirror indicator... like for instance, you park in a alley and you fold in your mirrors, the light would come on reminding you to pop them back out. but i tryed it and it doesnt work that way either. Does anyone else have this lil light on theirs? My one i swapped out didnt have it.

98 Catera
02-27-09, 09:00 AM
I figured it out... It lights up when you turn on your rear defrost. I guess it's a heated mirror indicator??? but thanks anyway for the input.