: Cali to Colorado Road Trip

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 02:58 PM
So the Fiance and I have a Wedding to go to in Colorado in July and I've thought of taking the V up instead of flying. I have a bunch of friends (fellow Wyotech Graduates) that really wanna check out the car, and its a great drive from what I remember. I keep swaying on the idea though... My V has 50k on the clock right now, still under the CPO until 2011 and another 50k miles, but putting that many miles on her just seems wrong, plus road debris/chips. But on the other hand the roads are great, It would be a blast to go the V out on some different scenery, and would prob end up saving me some $$ on Flights/Car Rental.

Its about 1200 Miles Each Way, and we plan on breaking it up into 2 days, most of the time/miles will be put on the first day though. Anything I should worry about with the V?? If I decide to go through with it, I will prob try and have a Clear Bra installed, and raise the GC up a bit just in case. The Fluids and Clutch will prob be swapped out before July as well (I Hope!)

I need some kinda persuasion to finally make up my mind!!

CTSV_510
02-24-09, 03:18 PM
Why'd you buy it, to not drive it?

Do it! I am headed down the coast in August and can't wait!

CadiBlk
02-24-09, 03:19 PM
1200 miles each way? Prolly want to install the Fiance Mute button also known as the sudden two foot brake stomp.

I put about 700miles on my car each weekend and I love driving the V on the trips. The tremec 6 speed is handy as highway cruising rpm is a little over 2 grand. I don't worry too much about road debris as I have holes in my bumper from the license plate holder that needs to be refinished, but I do keep a wary eye out for Bambi and her pose as they line the roads lookin for trouble. You prolly won't save any money driving, but might be a nice trip with your lady.

Good luck with your decision and if you do decide to take the drive be sure to bring a camera to document for us.

deedubb
02-24-09, 03:50 PM
Sweet! We'd love to have you here :D
Where at in COLO are you headed? You should drive out. This will give us local folks time to set up a meet! We're due for one in COLO anyway :)

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 04:56 PM
Why'd you buy it, to not drive it?

Do it! I am headed down the coast in August and can't wait!

Oh Trust Me I DRIVE it, Almost too much, that's part of the reason I'm hesitant to log another 3k miles on her.

Good luck with your decision and if you do decide to take the drive be sure to bring a camera to document for us.

Thats a FOR SURE! I will take stills, and I've had my Eye on one of the Go Pro Hero Camera's that mount outside the car.

Sweet! We'd love to have you here :D
Where at in COLO are you headed? You should drive out. This will give us local folks time to set up a meet! We're due for one in COLO anyway :)

Well we will probably be staying near Boulder/Louisville. But my Fiance also has family in Highlands Ranch so Im sure we'll be down there as well. Im always down for a V meet!!

MauiV
02-24-09, 05:00 PM
If you wanted to buy something pretty to look at you should have bought a painting.

Its a car. DRIVE IT.

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 05:03 PM
If you wanted to buy something pretty to look at you should have bought a painting.

Its a car. DRIVE IT.

LOL - I bought it for both Reasons!!

I Told the Fiance once I find the Money/House I want the Garage to be part of the Living the Room, So I can stare at all my TOYS!

814V
02-24-09, 05:15 PM
do it! im driving 1500 miles each way to spend a day on the track!!! V DAY!

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 05:17 PM
do it! im driving 1500 miles each way to spend a day on the track!!! V DAY!

AZ to VA?? Thats quite the trip - 2000 miles each way - You going Solo?

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 06:42 PM
You're afraid to drive 1200 miles? DRIVE DAMMIT!!!

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 06:54 PM
You're afraid to drive 1200 miles? DRIVE DAMMIT!!!

Not So Much "afraid" more concerned ;)

But im about 90% on board with the Drive - Thank God For DVD over ride!!

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 06:57 PM
DVD override? No need for that!

814V
02-24-09, 06:59 PM
AZ to VA?? Thats quite the trip - 2000 miles each way - You going Solo?

yup.. beef jerkey and energy drinks will help me

im stoked, cant wait to get there a shread with a few other V's

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 06:59 PM
DVD override? No need for that!

Hell Yes! Nothing like a little Days of Thunder, or some Ricky Bobby to cut down the drive time!!

The Fiance loves it when I drop the HAMMER! :yup:

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 07:02 PM
yup.. beef jerkey and energy drinks will help me

im stoked, cant wait to get there a shread with a few other V's

Yea Im banking on Energy Drinks Snickers Bars, and Hopefully some Road Lovin :shhh:

814V
02-24-09, 07:05 PM
Yea Im banking on Energy Drinks Snickers Bars, and Hopefully some Road Lovin :shhh:

well, drop the "hammer" and get your road dome on son :thepan:

deedubb
02-24-09, 07:09 PM
mmmm, yes. Nothing a woman wants to do more than diving nose first into a hot, sweaty crotch after sitting for 12 hours :lol:

Sounds like a keeper to me :D

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 07:19 PM
mmmm, yes. Nothing a woman wants to do more than diving nose first into a hot, sweaty crotch after sitting for 12 hours :lol:

:histeric:

There will have to be some convincing, maybe 4-5 hours in just to be safe. But its happened many a time before! :thumbsup: The hard part is the Shifter!! In the Escalade its much more comfortable!

But she's def. a keeper

814V
02-24-09, 07:19 PM

:yeah:

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 07:58 PM
:histeric:

There will have to be some convincing, maybe 4-5 hours in just to be safe. But its happened many a time before! :thumbsup: The hard part is the Shifter!! In the Escalade its much more comfortable!

But she's def. a keepershould we know all this?

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 08:10 PM
should we know all this?

I dunno.. Do you want to?

I wasnt getting into details DeeDubb took care of that!

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 08:13 PM
Hello, Mrs CtsVrod. Do you swallow?

MauiV
02-24-09, 08:27 PM
Mouth Hugs FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

814V
02-25-09, 02:21 AM

buahahahahahahhahahahaha

Albertan
02-25-09, 11:29 AM
Road trips are where the V is in its element. You get good gas mileage and can pass almost anything out there. I almost enjoy 2 lane roads more with the V. Gives me a chance to do the odd acceleration run around a line of cars.
Other than track, its the best time in the V. I go to Vegas twice a year 1200 miles each way. It's the best part of the holiday.

CTSV_510
02-25-09, 11:58 AM

:thehand: Don't marry her yet. As soon as you marry her she'll stop!

...you're not married yet, are you?

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 03:13 PM
Got 28+mpg with spurts to 95mph heading eastbound in New Mexico...

CtsVrod
02-25-09, 04:24 PM
Mouth Hugs FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

...you're not married yet, are you?

:nono: I sure hope not! Been together 5 years, not much has changed. But I've def. heard that a few times - But Hey, If she stops doing certain things, than I will as well!!

Not YET - May 16 2010.

She's def a keeper though - Dirt Bike Rider, Car Nut, Smart/Funny, and best of all Smokin Hot - SOLD!

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 05:07 PM
:cheers:

:nono: I sure hope not! Been together 5 years, not much has changed. But I've def. heard that a few times - But Hey, If she stops doing certain things, than I will as well!!

Not YET - May 16 2010.

She's def a keeper though - Dirt Bike Rider, Car Nut, Smart/Funny, and best of all Smokin Hot - SOLD!so says you. poast pics!!!

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 05:08 PM
:postpics:

Nutz
02-25-09, 06:07 PM
She's def a keeper though - Dirt Bike Rider, Car Nut, Smart/Funny, and best of all Smokin Hot - SOLD!

ALMOST all of the essentials. She gotta good job?

CtsVrod
02-25-09, 07:01 PM
:postpics:

Just for You * Temporary Though... She would not be too happy about me posting up pics for evaluation *

Here's the first pic I could find, from a Trip to Hawaii

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Boosted1456/EsteeHawaii.jpg

Here's another pic from the So Cal Meet Thread - That would be her in the Blue, and Korrizle's, Kona San's, 1Fstkde's, Jweymar's (friend), and Lunarx's ladies...You can figure out who was who's... That was a good time

And Kona San and I in the back.....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Boosted1456/three.jpg

ALMOST all of the essentials. She gotta good job?

Yea Great Job - With a Future as well - Works for Family ;)

Oh I almost forgot the added BONUS - Her Dad (Future Father In-Law) Is a Snap On Tools Distributor.

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 07:51 PM
slurpee's...

CtsVrod
02-25-09, 07:55 PM
slurpee's...

Sorta :shhh:

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 08:10 PM
double entendre at its best...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
02-25-09, 09:07 PM
If you guys put together a Colorado meet, I'll come down (I'm only 10 miles from the border anyway).

MauiV
02-25-09, 09:20 PM

My wife was in the ER last week with kidney stones and a kidney infection. She can pretty much only participate with 1 function right now. :cool:

To quote Ron White...."Just cause the roller coasters broke they dont shut down the whole amusement park. Oh look!!! The log rides open!!!"

thebigjimsho
02-25-09, 10:17 PM
double entendre...

CO_GTS
02-25-09, 10:31 PM
I didn't see where you said which weekend in July but if it's the 11-12 there is a track event we could meet at in Pueblo... We could go on either Sat or Sun, whichever works out around the wedding. Its a NASA event and those without any track exp can run in HPDE1. Information can be found at: http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=2565