: Fog Lights-HID?

CASEY122457
02-24-09, 02:23 PM
Has anybody converted the fog lights to HID?

readyact
02-24-09, 02:54 PM
I too am wondering if anyone has converted the fogs to HID or found a bulb which is closer to a true white. I put the PIAA H11 Xtreme White bulbs in the fogs and they are so so. The color temp is close to the HID low beams, but compared to the LED pipe lights in the headlight assembly the PIAA H11s almost look to be the same color temp as the factory fog bulbs. The PIAAs are way brighter than the factory fog bulbs, but they are not as white as I would like. The PIAA H11s are OK, but there has to be a more practical solution to matching the fogs with the HID headlights and come closer to the LED pipe lights color temp.

LUVMY04V
02-24-09, 03:13 PM
I too am wondering if anyone has converted the fogs to HID or found a bulb which is closer to a true white. I put the PIAA H11 Xtreme White bulbs in the fogs and they are so so. The color temp is close to the HID low beams, but compared to the LED pipe lights in the headlight assembly the PIAA H11s almost look to be the same color temp as the factory fog bulbs. The PIAAs are way brighter than the factory fog bulbs, but they are not as white as I would like. The PIAA H11s are OK, but there has to be a more practical solution to matching the fogs with the HID headlights and come closer to the LED pipe lights color temp.

See if Hoen makes what your looking... great looking bulbs and they last and match 4300k great http://www.hoen-usa.com/

seriously worth the extra money compared to other xenon bulbs.

Or you can get a hid conversion Kit pretty cheap but you gotta find some place to mount the Ballast and they are dirt cheap now

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1311&satitle=h11+hid+kit&category0=

readyact
02-24-09, 04:19 PM
Yes in other other forums I heard good things about the Hoen bulbs as well as the Luminics http://www.luminicsusa.com/bulbSeries.asp?BulbType=H11

LUVMY04V
02-24-09, 04:24 PM
Yes in other other forums I heard good things about the Hoen bulbs as well as the Luminics http://www.luminicsusa.com/bulbSeries.asp?BulbType=H11
My best friend has them in his TBSS and they look really good and have lasted over a year already. They are by far the best option if people do not have projectors. But the color looks good in a projector as well :)

readyact
03-01-09, 10:53 AM
I just installed the Hoen H11 Xeon Match bulbs and they look amazing. The color temperature is very close to the color of the HID and LED pipes in the headlight assembly. The PIAA H11s are by far brighter and perhaps will work better in actual fog, but the Hoen makes the lights look 100% better.

Caddyscat
03-01-09, 06:03 PM
Alright - So looks like yet another goodie to add to the car once I take delivery!

concorso
03-01-09, 06:48 PM
I just installed the Hoen H11 Xeon Match bulbs and they look amazing. The color temperature is very close to the color of the HID and LED pipes in the headlight assembly. The PIAA H11s are by far brighter and perhaps will work better in actual fog, but the Hoen makes the lights look 100% better.The color temp works horrible in fog. Ive had more luck wearing polarizing sunglasses in the fog to see better versus using just normal temp HID's. You really need yellow bulbs (3000k) to make any difference in the fog...

So why didnt you install HID's in the fogs? Youd get alot more light output.

LUVMY04V
03-01-09, 07:44 PM
Looks great! Yeah hoen's have a great color. I personally like the look of 8000k bulbs but that would require changing both your headlights and fogs and its not really worth it

bergstpg
03-09-09, 08:09 PM
How did you get to the bulbs to replace them?

tedcmiller
03-09-09, 10:18 PM
For concorso, apparently some people are not interested in using the "fog lights" to see better in the fog. As you pointed out, a yellow color has been the choice for many years as better for seeing in fog. Most of those who want to switch the fog lights to HID are interested only in appearance. For them, seeing better in fog (i.e., lower color temperature) is not an issue, as long as the color of the fog lights matches the HID headlights.

readyact
03-10-09, 07:47 AM
For concorso, apparently some people are not interested in using the "fog lights" to see better in the fog. As you pointed out, a yellow color has been the choice for many years as better for seeing in fog. Most of those who want to switch the fog lights to HID are interested only in appearance. For them, seeing better in fog (i.e., lower color temperature) is not an issue, as long as the color of the fog lights matches the HID headlights.

Yes indeed I am more interested in appearance as I live in an area which may get heavy fog once or twice a year (now I may be in trouble when I take a road trip, but we'll see). For the color temp which the bulbs produce they are still rather bright, but once again by far the PIAAs I had in there will provide the best functionality.

How did you get to the bulbs to replace them?

Just pop of the fasteners on the wheel well liner and you can pull back the liner. Once you have done so the fog bulbs are very easy to get to.

Concoso I may go with the HID in the fogs in the future. Hopefully one of you guys will install the HID and post a how to. Casey122457 didn't mean to hijack your thread I just wanted to get some ideas on what V2 owners were going to do if anything with the fogs. Thanks everyone.

LUVMY04V
03-10-09, 02:35 PM
Concoso I may go with the HID in the fogs in the future. Hopefully one of you guys will install the HID and post a how to. Casey122457 didn't mean to hijack your thread I just wanted to get some ideas on what V2 owners were going to do if anything with the fogs. Thanks everyone.

I might be wrong but i would bet 100 bucks that these would be plug and play and you would just have to find a spot to mount the ballast :)
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1313&satitle=H11+hid+kit&category0=

Razorecko
03-10-09, 03:02 PM
Hid kits are so cheap nowadays theres almost no point to buying anything else. You can get a full hid kit for about the same price as a pair of new silverstars..

Richie18
03-10-09, 04:36 PM
Hid kits are so cheap nowadays theres almost no point to buying anything else. You can get a full hid kit for about the same price as a pair of new silverstars..

Quality control is terrible, that's why they're so cheap.

Razorecko
03-10-09, 09:31 PM

not really, I haven't had a chinese hid kit fail me in the last couple years. Where do you think all the fancy brand name hid kits are made anway ?? Not japan...hell Sony isnt even made in japan anymore i believe.

LUVMY04V
03-11-09, 08:56 AM
not really, I haven't had a chinese hid kit fail me in the last couple years. Where do you think all the fancy brand name hid kits are made anway ?? Not japan...hell Sony isnt even made in japan anymore i believe.
+1 :highfive:

TRUtoGIRLS
07-08-09, 10:31 AM
Hello all,

I have been searching for a while for my question.

I am replacing my Silverstar light bulbs and changing the headlights to a HID Kit. But I want to change my fog lights as well to an HID Kit.

What kit will I need for my 2004 Cadillac CTS

HID Headlight Kit
&
HID Fog light kit

Please let me know what Kits I would need to make the switch.

Thanks,

Todd

Titaniumseeker
07-08-09, 10:52 PM
Has anybody converted the fog lights to HID?
Funny you asked. I just received a kit and will be installing this weekend. I'll post pics when I am done. I've used Hoen bulbs on my other vehicles and it is a very good product.

TRUtoGIRLS
07-09-09, 09:18 AM
Funny you asked. I just received a kit and will be installing this weekend. I'll post pics when I am done. I've used Hoen bulbs on my other vehicles and it is a very good product.

What kit did you purchase for you fog lights. Do you have a CTS or CTS-V. I have a H10 kit but the kit is kinda wierd. Someone may be able ot identify this question. On and or near the bulb there is a total of 4 wires. 2 Wires going to the bulb and a another 2 wires. What are the othere 2 wires used for? I think it was for a High Low option but What is the High low stuff. Or do I need not worrk about them wires.

thatcoder
08-17-09, 10:21 PM
Titaniumseeker How did your install go? photos?

Titaniumseeker
08-23-09, 12:04 PM
What kit did you purchase for you fog lights. Do you have a CTS or CTS-V. I have a H10 kit but the kit is kinda wierd. Someone may be able ot identify this question. On and or near the bulb there is a total of 4 wires. 2 Wires going to the bulb and a another 2 wires. What are the othere 2 wires used for? I think it was for a High Low option but What is the High low stuff. Or do I need not worrk about them wires.

I have both 09's (CTS - wife, CTS-V - mine). I purchased the kit from SHARPHID.com, It was the DDM Ultra Slim HID kit with the H11 bulbs. As for your wires, each set is a little different and you should consult with the manufacturer for the correct wiring diagram. You might be able to google it and pull it up online. Some kits require the bulbs to be wired in series with two wires going to the converter box and the other two wires going to the other bulb so that both bulbs are turned on together. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Titaniumseeker
08-23-09, 12:06 PM
Titaniumseeker How did your install go? photos?

I have not installed the kit yet. Car went into the shop to remove those holes drilled by the dealer to mount the front license plate. Now that I have it back I just did not get aroound to it. Hopefully this week as the temperatures cool down.

mpouls1
10-29-09, 12:26 AM
Thought I would post up my before and afters. Used the Hoen H11 xenonmatch bulbs. Took 2 clips off the wheel well stuck, my arm up in between and unplug, and switch out. 10 minutes max. Hope I can see the deer through the fog :holycrap:

edit: Sorry for no link. I was not sure if I was allowed to do so. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/mpoulsen25/004-Copy.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/mpoulsen25/006-Copy.jpg

Razorecko
10-29-09, 12:51 AM
^ nice match ! - link to the bulbs ?

Titaniumseeker
10-29-09, 09:42 AM
Titaniumseeker How did your install go? photos? Here is a comparison picture. OEM on the left, HID on the right:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970122_large.jpg
I'll post some twilight shots as soon as I can.

allklr
10-29-09, 04:30 PM
Nice, Just ordered!

mpouls1
10-29-09, 05:47 PM
^^^ That pic just made my fog light bulb switch out look ghetto... HID looks awesome!

Nutz
10-29-09, 06:23 PM
Ordered. Ghetto or not, all pics sold me. Thanks guise.

Titaniumseeker
10-29-09, 08:40 PM
^^^ That pic just made my fog light bulb switch out look ghetto... HID looks awesome!

There is nothing wrong with the Hoen Bulbs. They look great! I've used them before but wanted greater light output that I could only get with HID. Besides, there is not much fog in my area. The Hoens are the lower cost replacement.

Nutz
11-05-09, 06:02 PM
Came in today. Great compliment to the motif. Couple of close-ups.
Stock
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af238/hpjim/P1040185.jpg

New
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af238/hpjim/P1040186.jpg

Parking lights and fogs match now.
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af238/hpjim/P1040190.jpg

mpouls1
11-05-09, 06:15 PM
Looks great! Thanks for the pic's.

Gotham CTS-V
12-28-09, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys. I just ordered the HOEN H11 bulbs. I always like to drive around with the DRL's off but the foglights switched on so the vertical light bar is showing. The yellow fog bulbs always looked bad to me so I'll be happy with this. Thank you.

Caddyscat
12-28-09, 09:04 PM
Damn, I might just have to do that. Looks awesome, thanks for posting!

mpouls1
12-29-09, 08:30 PM
Photo-shopped...j/k

I put the HOEN's in awhile back, see page 2 or something http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/162521-fog-lights-hid-2.html#post2046805 . Very easy to install. Unplug 2 clips, reach your arm up in between the well and liner, unplug, and reinstall. I do not know if this is related to the bulbs, or possibly not being connected all the way, or a possible defect but occasionally when I first turn on my fogs I notice after maybe 10 minutes or so the fogs will flash a couple times (on/off) and then not happen again while the car is running. Does not happen every time. It is intermittent. Seems like a power loss to the bulbs or a short. Not sure but fwiw. I still like them. People looking in their rear views must think I can't make up my mind.

dvandentop
12-30-09, 12:41 AM
will be getting

dvandentop
12-31-09, 09:05 PM
just ordered

lmcgrew79
01-01-10, 12:53 AM
where do u order these?

lmcgrew79
01-01-10, 12:59 AM
never mind

Gary Wells
01-01-10, 09:29 AM
D3 Research & Design (D3 Cadillac) in Signal hill CA, a supporting vendor / supplier, sells these in various grades and can also install for all of you local guys. I am going to get mine done, maybe after some mods on the motor.

dvandentop
01-06-10, 09:39 PM
got my bulbs today and installed tonight looks a hell of alot better. also did anyone else find the hoen box a real b!tch to get open LOL gotta be smarter then the packaging on some of this crap nowadays

mpouls1
01-06-10, 11:10 PM
got my bulbs today and installed tonight looks a hell of alot better. also did anyone else find the hoen box a real b!tch to get open LOL gotta be smarter then the packaging on some of this crap nowadays

:yeah:

It took me longer to get out of the box than to install them...

Nutz
01-06-10, 11:29 PM
Ya that. I found the box to be frustrating too. Every time I tugged in it (thinking my surgical label cut was perfect) I asked myself "how much did I just spend on this p.o.s. box"?

Worth the trouble, but someone is gonna animal the box and break a bulb somewhere.

Gotham CTS-V
01-07-10, 08:03 AM
Anybody have a more detailed guide on how to change the fog light bulbs? I tried it yesterday and I got the 2 outer clips on the wheel well off, but it looked like I had to pull the wheel well lining away from the fender and bumper. It was also freezing cold and I was in a rush so I didn't have time to play around with it and I was afraid of snapping something.

(yeah, I'm obviously no mechanic LOL)

Thanks

Nutz
01-07-10, 08:18 AM
Not enough clips removed. Take at least 5 more off and pry that liner back with one hand, and reach the other hand in to twist bulb out of socket.

Gotham CTS-V
01-07-10, 08:29 AM
Not enough clips removed. Take at least 5 more off and pry that liner back with one hand, and reach the other hand in to twist bulb out of socket.

Ok, thanks. I'll pull them all out and try it when I have the time (and when it's not so damn cold!)

readyact
01-07-10, 08:34 AM
I've had the Hoen bulbs in for over a year now and they are still going strong.

dvandentop
01-07-10, 11:34 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll pull them all out and try it when I have the time (and when it's not so damn cold!)

there is some clips on the undertray area that might help out a bit also, i didnt know the procedure either so on the 1st side i took out about every clip i could find that help in the splash guard. take not the clips for wheel liner are bigger then the under tray ones

the on the 2nd side i only needed to take the 2 wheel liner ones out, depending on your arm size might work best to turn your tire toward the inside to get more clearance.

mpouls1
01-07-10, 06:15 PM
Yes, make sure you turn the tires on each side to make enough room. I replaced them more by feeling around than sight.

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 12:26 AM
Just ordered the Hoens. I just wish the fogs were bigger so I could get a combo driving/fog light...

Gary Wells
01-08-10, 05:20 AM
Jim:
How much did you find the Hoen's for? The H11 kit? Do these require a box to hook up also?

thebigjimsho
01-08-10, 10:52 PM
Jim:
How much did you find the Hoen's for? The H11 kit? Do these require a box to hook up also?
I just used the link earlier in this thread. They were $29.99, I believe, but shipping added another 9 bucks. I got the H11 Xeonmatch which I think is just a bulb that just plugs in...

sharpermd
01-09-10, 08:34 PM
Just installed my Hoen H11 lights! It took (literally) 5 minutes--once I figured out what I was doing.

For this unaware (as I was): The clips of the wheel well liner are really easy to take out if you know what you are doing. After about fifteen minutes of pulling, prying and yanking, I finally discovered the clips consist of two pieces. There is an inner "core" and an outer "shell." Just slip a small flathead under the inner "core" head, and gently pry it out of the shell. Once accomplished, the shell will practically fall out.

I only had to remove the first two clips of each side. Once the wheel was turned in, I was (relatively) easily able to pull the well liner out, slip my arm inside and access the fog light assembly.

Sorry if this seems really basic, but hopefully it will help someone out.

Oh, and the lights look great!

mpouls1
01-09-10, 08:38 PM
Nice write up. Maybe some guys didn't know about the clip thing. Good addition to the thread.

Hmm...next on the list is DRL's. I'm thinking LED.

readyact
01-10-10, 01:54 AM
Nice write up. Maybe some guys didn't know about the clip thing. Good addition to the thread.

Hmm...next on the list is DRL's. I'm thinking LED.

If you figure out an easy way to get to the DRL's please post instructions. I have tried a couple of times and have not found an easy way to get to 'em. Once it warm up some I'll try again, but hopefully by then someone has discovered an easy way to access the DRL's.

mpouls1
01-10-10, 12:26 PM
If you figure out an easy way to get to the DRL's please post instructions. I have tried a couple of times and have not found an easy way to get to 'em. Once it warm up some I'll try again, but hopefully by then someone has discovered an easy way to access the DRL's.

Are you going to try what was suggested in this post? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/187753-anyone-try-leds-front-turn-signals.html#post2096391.

This part number?
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/5202special.aspx

That's what I'm thinking of trying. Those DRL's are ugly as sin and I always forget to turn off the parking lamps and the reminder ding gets on my nerves. And is it my imagination or does the light turn off when the turn signal on that side is activated?

thebigjimsho
01-17-10, 11:44 PM
Many DRLs these days turn off on the side the blinker turns on...

Gotham CTS-V
01-18-10, 10:24 AM
Are you going to try what was suggested in this post? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/187753-anyone-try-leds-front-turn-signals.html#post2096391.

This part number?
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/5202special.aspx

That's what I'm thinking of trying. Those DRL's are ugly as sin and I always forget to turn off the parking lamps and the reminder ding gets on my nerves. And is it my imagination or does the light turn off when the turn signal on that side is activated?

Theres a local escalade I always see driving around with blue bulbs in place of the yellow DRL's. It doesn't look great, but it sure is better than the yellowish white. It also means they can be swapped for a color that is maybe more pleasing. LED's would look awesome. I envy my brother's Audi A4 sometimes just because it looks so cool from the front with those LED's.

mpouls1
01-18-10, 09:12 PM
Theres a local escalade I always see driving around with blue bulbs in place of the yellow DRL's. It doesn't look great, but it sure is better than the yellowish white. It also means they can be swapped for a color that is maybe more pleasing. LED's would look awesome. I envy my brother's Audi A4 sometimes just because it looks so cool from the front with those LED's.

If the weather is decent, I will look into accessing the lights this weekend. I will just order the bulbs anyways.

sob, I accidentally ordered next day ups...43 bux. Guess I will try tomorrow...

Dr.Buzz
01-18-10, 09:34 PM
I have the Hoen H11's. I think they match perfect.

mpouls1
01-18-10, 09:38 PM
I have the Hoen H11's. I think they match perfect.

For the DRL's? I put the hoen H11's for fog's awhile back. Good match. Even put up pic's on this thread.

thebigjimsho
01-25-10, 07:01 PM
The Hoens are nice...

vseries
03-26-10, 10:17 AM
For those with the HID kits , what color kelvin are you running to match the factory headlights?

Gotham CTS-V
03-26-10, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to say the HOEN H11's look really nice. Great color match for such a cheap and quick mod.

thebigjimsho
03-26-10, 11:51 AM
Just wanted to say the HOEN H11's look really nice. Great color match for such a cheap and quick mod.
Yeah, I'm not hung up on all the obsessions in cool lighting like the kiddies in the V1 forum seem to be, but it was worthwhile for a few bucks to improve on the yellow look of the factory "fogs"...

Titaniumseeker
03-26-10, 01:02 PM
For those with the HID kits , what color kelvin are you running to match the factory headlights?

I am using 5000K H11 bulbs to match:

http://http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970122_large.jpg
OEM Left, HID Right

vseries
05-11-10, 09:34 PM
I am using 5000K H11 bulbs to match:

http://http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970122_large.jpg
OEM Left, HID Right

I ordered DDM tuning kit 4500 and 5k and neither match the factory HID's They match the light bar but not the headlights, They appear to be a shade too blue?

I contacted DDM and they suggested exchanging the bulbs for 6k
I dont get it as factory HID's are usually 4200-4500K range

How well do yours match the headlights?

wfo
05-12-10, 02:46 PM
LEDLight.com...the only way to go. 1-877-283-5060 (Arizona)

Product name: HD11 18 SMD 50/50 day running and fog L.E.D light(s)

SKU: 75647

Color: white...real white!

Price: $15.67 ea. (plus ship)

SoCalPirate
05-12-10, 04:42 PM
wfo: Do you have any pics of them installed? I need to replace my bulbs (One is out) and I'm on the fence between the Hoens and LEDs, I've seen plenty of the Hoens and they look great, but haven't seen any of the LEDs on a V2...

Domsz06
10-10-10, 12:14 PM
so how hard are the HID's towire the ballast?

wfo
10-10-10, 01:34 PM

No kit needed. Replacement HID fogs are plug and play.

Domsz06
10-11-10, 08:01 AM
WFO,

did you say where you got your replacement fog lights? I want to order today, but can't remember if you did, guess I'll go back a few pages....

Domsz06
10-11-10, 09:27 AM
LEDLight.com...the only way to go. 1-877-283-5060 (Arizona)

Product name: HD11 18 SMD 50/50 day running and fog L.E.D light(s)

Color: white...real white!

Price: $15.67 ea. (plus ship)

Are these what your running in your fog lights? or DRL's? I'm confused....

Thanks.

BeagleBrains
10-11-10, 12:11 PM
LED Lights draw about one-tenth the current of an incandescent bulb. Flashers operate by heating up with the high current flow. The low LED current results in a very rapid Turn Signal flash rate. :bonkers: The new LED Lights available correct turn signal Flasher problems:
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm
Some State Laws require amber turn signal lights:
http://autolumination.com/switchback.html
http://autolumination.com/switchback_wiring.html
HID: http://store.sharphid.com/Default.asp

Domsz06
10-11-10, 01:04 PM
Stephen,

is the HID link you listed one you have used? Stiill trying to find HID's for the fog lights.

Thanks.

e6t
10-11-10, 01:06 PM
i would like yellow fogs.

BMBSALES
10-11-10, 04:28 PM
am i correct that what is stock in cts-v (10) is silverstars, just not the ultras? that's what mine had.

wfo
10-12-10, 03:35 PM
Plug and play item...looks great too and here's all the info you'll need:

ledlight.com

1-877-283-5060
HD11 18SMD (50/50 day running and fog lights)
Color: white
Price: $15.67 ea plus ship

Fubar75207
10-12-10, 05:36 PM
i would like yellow fogs.

I changed mine to yellow when i got the car. I prefer the yellow beams for use in actual fog.

Torxila
10-12-10, 06:22 PM

I've had the Xentec kit in my (low beams)'08TBSS for almost 3 years with Zero problems. Maybe I'm just very lucky. For what I paid at the time (~$75.00) they owe me nothing. Now their 40 bucks, wow!

Domsz06
10-12-10, 06:45 PM
Plug and play item...looks great too and here's all the info you'll need:

ledlight.com

1-877-283-5060
HD11 18SMD (50/50 day running and fog lights)
Color: white
Price: $15.67 ea plus ship

These are what are in your fog lights right??

nm, went to the web page and ordered.

Can't wait!

e6t
10-12-10, 09:10 PM
I changed mine to yellow when i got the car. I prefer the yellow beams for use in actual fog.

which did you buy?

wfo
10-13-10, 08:56 AM
That is correct DomsZ06...you ordered the correct bulbs...you will like.

Domsz06
10-13-10, 10:16 AM
That is correct DomsZ06...you ordered the correct bulbs...you will like.

thanks!! ;)

they raised the price 50 cents lol!! ;)

LFTW8S
10-13-10, 09:26 PM
I was thinking about installing "55 watt" (standard Xenons are 35 watt) Xenon H11 5000k in the fogs. Has anyone done this? If so, any issues? The 55w puts out almost double the light.

Domsz06
10-13-10, 09:58 PM
I was thinking about installing "55 watt" (standard Xenons are 35 watt) Xenon H11 5000k in the fogs. Has anyone done this? If so, any issues? The 55w puts out almost double the light.

i got an email form a sharphid.com or something and they told me what to order, but I had already ordered the LED's that WFO Suggested.

I'm going to use them unless I don't like them.

It's just wiring, go for it, get the 55 and do it!!! ;)

BeagleBrains
10-14-10, 08:38 AM
Stephen, is the HID link you listed one you have used? Stiill trying to find HID's for the fog lights. Thanks.
I have used these referenced sites. They were acceptable because of their honesty in acknowledging the electrical load problem and providing corrective design. However, I have never purchased HID lighting.

Dobiesdaddy
06-28-11, 07:11 PM
I have Hoen's in my German cars and love them!

rayrod354
01-31-12, 03:04 AM
Hey guys... Okay, so a few weeks ago I purchased an 04' CTS from an auction which had some front end damage and I was buying to resell but love the car and now am going to keep it. Apparently the previous owner had a
CTS-V front bumper so already purchased that and it's all coming together. Now I read this thread and freaking
love the lights. Except that I know crap about cars and lights and this all sounds French to me. Lol. So, I've
looked all the pics and those Hoen H11's are awesome. So here's my first question... What's the difference
between installing the Hoen H11's and a slim hid kit? I guess less trouble but is the look different or which is
Better? And which regular Hid's do I install? Sorry it's a lot but Im a newb at this and just love the site.

thebigjimsho
02-01-12, 02:38 PM
Hey guys... Okay, so a few weeks ago I purchased an 04' CTS from an auction which had some front end damage and I was buying to resell but love the car and now am going to keep it. Apparently the previous owner had a
CTS-V front bumper so already purchased that and it's all coming together. Now I read this thread and freaking
love the lights. Except that I know crap about cars and lights and this all sounds French to me. Lol. So, I've
looked all the pics and those Hoen H11's are awesome. So here's my first question... What's the difference
between installing the Hoen H11's and a slim hid kit? I guess less trouble but is the look different or which is
Better? And which regular Hid's do I install? Sorry it's a lot but Im a newb at this and just love the site.The earlier Vs have totally different fog light housings than the later ones. You need to check over in the '04-'07 CTS-V forum...

SecretWeapon
02-01-12, 07:46 PM
Like Big Jim said, the other forum ---.

rayrod354
02-01-12, 09:06 PM
I think I got the message from just one person saying it. Sorry I was on both forums at the same time and
confused the conversations. Forgive me for my sin.

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 04:37 PM
No prob, d00d!

rayrod354
02-02-12, 05:39 PM
Lol.

roo6.2
07-28-12, 10:42 PM
I know this is an old thread but I had to do this today and appreciate the info.

Here is a quick write up for replacing the fog light bulbs.

http://icefireracing.com/ctsv_foglight_replacement.pdf

blivit181
08-16-13, 04:18 AM
Can anyone tell me if the 2012 with HID lighting model is the same change out method for the fog lights from halogen to xeon type as the 2009 , 10 etc. I have a list of all the bulbs for my year and the H11 is the bulb type as the others.. Thanks.. Also, I'm looking at ordering thru ledlitght.com.. still a reliable vendor ?