: exhaust system

dog2269
02-24-09, 02:43 PM
IM buying a exhaust system i need to pick on! what is the different between the two? whats better? the Corsa ($1100)or the Borla($1500) systems i have a 05 v8 sts i want some more power and a mean sound. thanks

Dr. Design
02-24-09, 03:51 PM
Hello,
Well each system has their certain qualities. The one that seperates the Corsa from the Borla is the sound quality. The Corsa system will not drone or resonate in the cabin. This will drive you crazy while on a road trip or if you are driving for a given amount of time. We have taken various systems off cars and had them replaced for others. Not once have we removed a Corsa to replace it for something else.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

IM buying a exhaust system i need to pick on! what is the different between the two? whats better? the Corsa ($1100)or the Borla($1500) systems i have a 05 v8 sts i want some more power and a mean sound. thanks

jr black 214
02-26-09, 02:42 AM
Is there anything good about the Borla exhaust? Its a full cat-back and Corsa's only axel-back. Is there more to gain w/the Borla since it replaces all the piping?

silver2kws6
02-26-09, 03:18 PM
id prolly go borla only because it replaces all of the piping... sooner or later ill replace the two resonators and add and a X pipe for more flow. If i had to do it again id go borla ! and remove my corsa

ruf455
02-27-09, 10:03 AM
My $.02: The factory piping is large enough, of good quality and has ZERO resrtrictive bends. Go with the Corsa. I run it in my STS and LOVE it. The N-star sounds amazing on the boil. I can not tell I have the system when I am crusing at speed. Don't get caught up in replacing the pipe, you just don't need it on these cars. If you need an X-pipe, just weld it in place of the resonators. Personally, any louder and the car is not as soft spoken as it needs to be for long distance hauls. At first I thought it was too quiet, but then I heard the car from the exterior on acceleration and could not believe just how exotic and tough it sounds.

porkfarm
02-27-09, 12:03 PM
OK. I will jump in here. I got a complete Borla setup for 550 new from Borla online. They ran a special, so you might want to wait for a sale. It is a complete cat back setup. I like the fact that the end pips are not round like the corsa... It did have a little bit of drone, but Borla sent out some inserts and that helped it. It's nice now. I also have the CAintake, so when I stomp on it. It sounds like Vette . For the money, It just could not be beat.

lreddiablo
02-27-09, 05:45 PM
I thought borla discontinued the STS exhaust a few months ago, thats when they had them so cheap. I forund a used Corsa system on ebay in the $400s. Great deal, sounds great. I think I saw someone recently offering a Corsa exhaust in the $500s, still a great deal! You can't beat the sound and as everyone says, its not too loud inside, but you WILL get noticed outside. Look on youtube, several people have posted videos of Corsa and Borla exhaust systems. Thats how I decided. The bigegest factor is that the Borla had the coughing sound when the throttle was let go, but I never hear that on the Corsa.

ruf455
02-27-09, 06:32 PM
OK. I will jump in here. I got a complete Borla setup for 550 new from Borla online. They ran a special, so you might want to wait for a sale. It is a complete cat back setup. I like the fact that the end pips are not round like the corsa... It did have a little bit of drone, but Borla sent out some inserts and that helped it. It's nice now. I also have the CAintake, so when I stomp on it. It sounds like Vette . For the money, It just could not be beat.

Not to hijack: what CAI are you using?

aintmisbehavinn
03-01-09, 12:18 AM
I'm interested in some big tips, maybe resonator replacement for the muffs. Any suggestions Doc?

Caddy Man
03-01-09, 09:44 AM
The Corsa sounds GREAT! Especially with that V8 engine. I could not be happier with my purchase.

Check it out. Click on "Sounds and Video" in the middle of the page, to the right.

http://www.corsaperf.com/corsaProductDisplay.aspx?id=9&type=1

jimbohenson
03-04-09, 06:54 PM
I personally run the Corsa system and it is perfect in every way. The rolled tips fill the cutouts perfectly and it lets you know there is some power with out sounding too loud. Check the classifieds I have a new in box Corsa system for sale.

WinnipegCadillac
03-06-09, 02:39 PM
I have to agree - had a local shop put some different mufflers on when I got my STS in the summer. They sounded okay, but there was that drone when cruising on the highway. Just got a Corsa system on, and even the girlfriend likes it! If that isn't strong enough support for it, I don't know what is. Don't even know if you would find a Borla system anywhere. Go Corsa - you will not be disappointed.

chagrin falls
03-06-09, 07:49 PM
Just had the Corsa exhaust system installed last week on my 06 STS Northstar. The installation took 30 minutes with absolutely no problems. The sound is fantastic when you want it to be and there is no drone. I purchased the set on eBay for $520.00 with quick turn-around. The eBay seller seems to always have them available with a buy it now for $400.00 but I got into the auction a little late. Again, the sound is great-perfect, easy installation, and the tips look great from the back!! Highly recommend the Corsa system and they are made in Cleveland, Ohio !!

HexWarrior5
03-12-09, 10:39 AM
I just recently installed the Corsa on my 05 STS V8 this past weekend...and the entire weekend I was driving around with a big smile on my face...the sound is amazing, get's aggressive when needed but you can still barely hear it with the windows up at a cruising speed...Corsa's system offers a great throttly sound while still maintaining a quietness of luxury that's supposed to be on a Caddy...anyways, anyone who reads this should realize that the Corsa is def worth the money and I'd recommend it to any STS owner...BIG SMILES!!! :D

oh yeah...and I got my system on ebay for 400 bucks! keep checking because there's an auto supply company in Texas with the username: ntftakeoffs, they keep posting them...

lreddiablo
03-12-09, 06:14 PM
The volant CAI is a great complement to the Corsa exhaust, just expct to have issues getting it to fit with the whole box assembly. Before I had it without the box, just the cone, hadnt installed my corsa yet and when I hit the gas then the car sounded crazy bestly! Almost wants to make me remove the box!