: New headers for new cts v

REDIMIX
02-24-09, 01:06 PM
MY 2009 CTS V IS RIGHT NOW GETTING NEW HEADERS INSTALLED FROM THE PRO'S AT AMERICAN RACING HEADERS :patriot:. THE DYNO RESULTS WERE 470RWHP STOCK WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THE RESULTS.AMERICAN HEADERS FOR AN AMERICAN CAR.

urbanski
02-24-09, 01:20 PM
caps lock OFF, thanks. enjoy the car.

REDIMIX
02-24-09, 01:46 PM
Sorry got excited

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 02:47 PM
Interested to hear the Sound Clip... You running anything for a Cat Back?? Are you even running Cats??

Tasos
02-24-09, 02:55 PM
Prices? Material type? Size? When will they be available? Anxiously awaiting....

urbanski
02-24-09, 03:05 PM
cant wait for the dyno chart

GM-4-LIFE
02-24-09, 03:38 PM
cant wait for the dyno chart

Me either! I can't wait for the after numbers. Dyno tuning after the header install is the way to go!

SG

REDIMIX
02-24-09, 04:51 PM
Headers,high flow cats,xpipe.The new system will end just before the pipes go over the rear then into the stock mufflers.Can't wait

whisler151
02-24-09, 05:01 PM
Should sound awesome. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

CtsVrod
02-24-09, 06:15 PM
Headers,high flow cats,xpipe.The new system will end just before the pipes go over the rear then into the stock mufflers.Can't wait

Sweet... You going to change the cans eventually?

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 07:55 PM
What headers aren't American?

trukk
02-24-09, 08:36 PM
What headers aren't American?

Cheap sh!tty chinese eBay ones? Oh wait, that's right our cars are too niche to attract those knock off tardbargalers.

Ron bought some chinese headers for his track M3. Only cost $250, bucks (and a new head because he burnt his exhaust valves, because those things were a POS, and then another $2k for some good ones.)

-Chris

REDIMIX
02-24-09, 09:07 PM
I read people are saying that the new LG'S are chinese knock off's and a perfect copy of American Racing Headers:usflag:,you can always tell by there chrome apperance.But enough about that im shooting for 600rwhp.Headers,tune,airbox,pulley and charge cooler upgrade.Think im asking to much?:cookoo:

thebigjimsho
02-24-09, 09:11 PM
pulley means alot...

REDIMIX
02-27-09, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, the headers and the exhaust are finished and it looks great .The guy's at AMERICAN RACING HEADERS did it again.The fit and finish is perfect.Jose the master mind behind the design and engineering of this system showed me how easy the headers slide in from the bottom.This three inch system with it's high flow cat's and x pipe is going to make some big power. Next week will be dyno and tune day. I will post result's then.

SSideways
02-27-09, 08:43 PM
where's the pics?
any idea on cost for headers and cat back?

REDIMIX
02-27-09, 09:32 PM
where's the pics?

I was going to post the picture's but with all the plagiarizing American Racing Headers is experiencing, they told me to wait until their competition posts their design first so they don't have the same problem with the CTS-V headers as they did with the Corvette headers. I'll will be posting dyno results by next week. Pics of the exhaust systems will be posted when ARH gives me the ok.

undertaker
02-27-09, 11:03 PM
who's doing the tuning?

carmen down the block?

The Tony Show
02-27-09, 11:07 PM
So how long have you worked for AMERICAN RACING HEADERS?

LV_V
02-27-09, 11:29 PM
where's the pics?

I was going to post the picture's but with all the plagiarizing American Racing Headers is experiencing, they told me to wait until their competition posts their design first so they don't have the same problem with the CTS-V headers as they did with the Corvette headers. I'll will be posting dyno results by next week. Pics of the exhaust systems will be posted when ARH gives me the ok.
Say whaa??? Dude, c'mon; post the f'ing pics or get outa here.

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 12:04 AM
Did they give you the headers? If not, poast away...

REDIMIX
02-28-09, 08:17 AM
Holy shit relax guy's

I post the picture's asap.
and i do not work for AMERICAN RACING HEADERS:patriot:

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 07:28 PM
maybe you should work for AMERICAN RACING HEADERS...

Am. Racing Headers
03-02-09, 06:09 PM
Hey guys, I work at A.R. Headers. I'l have photo's up by the end of the week. You're in for a treat as the system is really impressive.

Nick

wait4me
03-02-09, 06:58 PM
The tony show your Banner is kicken azz liek a c bass... <rockon>

thebigjimsho
03-02-09, 10:09 PM
can't wait to see the headers...

John Hennessey
03-03-09, 05:19 PM
we got 8 rw hp and 11 rw tq from headers on the v thru the stock exhaust with high flow cats. to drive it, it felt like more power than that.

Luna.
03-04-09, 04:50 PM
we got 8 rw hp and 11 rw tq from headers on the v thru the stock exhaust with high flow cats. to drive it, it felt like more power than that.

That just doesn't make it too exciting, to be honest.

If that's all the gains, why do people get so excited about headers? Is the % gain higher with a tune or something? :confused:

I guess I just never really understood the love affair people have with headers. I can understand doing an exhaust system, as that's more of a "sound" thing, but headers often leaves me a little baffled.

My understanding from the V1 days was that a tune could bring more of the header power out and, if that's the case, I can understand that.

But if the net difference, either tuned or not tuned, is 8-11 rwhp/tq, it's just not that exciting and calls into question spending the money to do that mod.

haterinc
03-04-09, 06:43 PM
a lot of it depends on the factory header work. however, cars going from all motor to forced induction benefit the most from headers and freeing up the exhaust. you want a tune with new headers too because when you open it up, the car will run richer in fuel from my experience. so, the headers alone on this might not see that much of a gain, but throw in a pulley, tune, and open the cans up and i'd expect to hit 600hp. looking fwd to the other tuners getting their products out to satisfy the speculation and anticipation...

The Tony Show
03-04-09, 06:56 PM
Header gains are directly related to other mods.

Headers make minimal gains on a stock exhaust, especially one as bendy and crimpy as the 09 V. Open up the catback and tune it, and you'll probably see 25-30hp from the headers. On a car with the pulley changed or head/cam work you'll get even more from the headers.

RapidRob
03-04-09, 07:53 PM
Also, I think I remember W4M doing some dyno comparisons awhile back, where he said that the OEM exhaust headers were pretty good, and that there was not much gain with just a set of headers. More gains are to be had by opening up the exhaust alone.

Correct me if I'm mistaken Jesse ...

Rob

wait4me
03-04-09, 08:07 PM
i tried all the different combos. the gains from the headers more than mine was probably that they used high flow cats instead of the stock ones. I left the stock ones on as emmissions wise, i was staying the same. As for the catback, i already posted a dyno somewhere of with it removed with just a tune and airbox mod gained like 18hp. With the headers on and the same was only like 4-6 hp more..

But like they say, the more mods we do and more air we are moving headers may prove to be needed again in the future. But for the price, i would spend it on a catback and a pully and call it a day.

RapidRob
03-04-09, 11:15 PM
But for the price, i would spend it on a catback and a pully and call it a day.

And you forgot to add - 'a tune', right Jesse?:yup:

Rob

darjae
03-04-09, 11:29 PM
And you forgot to add - 'a tune', right Jesse?:yup:

Rob

I guess he figures if it's Jesse's car, the tune is free ;)

thebigjimsho
03-04-09, 11:49 PM
and then the intakes that give you gobs of hp...

REDIMIX
03-05-09, 10:17 AM
I spoke to nick at American Racing Headers and he explained to me that the gain Hennessy made was only one part of the story. When ARH installed the headers on the 2009 ZR1 the car lost between 2-3 pounds of boost.This will be the around the same on the cts-v. The blower on the cts-v is a little smaller than the ZR1 but the exhaust on the caddy has more back pressure than the ZR1.Also even if the headers made no horsepower gain on the dyno but the car lost 3 lbs of boost in the motor,put the boost back to where it was and you will see a big power gain.I should have my car on the dyno today.I will post the results as soon as i know.

Am. Racing Headers
03-05-09, 12:09 PM
Guys, I don't care how this gets twisted around, headers are the foundation in which all other mods are built on, supercharged or not. This is a scenario we saw with the 03/04 Cobra's when guys would complain that they didn't see appreciable gains yet they had boost loss. If you produce the same power after a header swap with boost loss well you just increased the efficiency of your engine by a wide margin. In every case simply replacing the boost lost netted huge power gains. Things may be similar here. I will say this, the factory exhaust system leaves little to be desired.

Nick

REDIMIX
03-05-09, 03:54 PM
Didn't i just say that.

haterinc
03-05-09, 06:20 PM
Didn't i just say that.

atdeneve
03-05-09, 08:26 PM
Did he just say that?

GMX322V S/C
03-06-09, 12:52 AM
...I will say this, the factory exhaust system leaves little to be desired. NickWell then, I for one will leave well enough alone.

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 01:30 AM
hmm...

REDIMIX
03-06-09, 08:58 AM
Ha gmx322v s/c
(leave well enough alone ?)

he said the stock exhaust sucks

atdeneve
03-06-09, 01:03 PM
The supercharger sucks.

JEM
03-06-09, 01:32 PM
a lot of it depends on the factory header work. however, cars going from all motor to forced induction benefit the most from headers and freeing up the exhaust.

Well, turbos are forced induction too, and they depend a lot on exhaust flow, and obviously there are hard limits even for blower cars, but normally-aspirated cars are more dependent on the ability of their plumbing to flow well.

Am. Racing Headers
03-06-09, 03:35 PM
Well then, I for one will leave well enough alone.

GMX, If you're a purist then there's nothing to discuss. If you like making HP then you will change your mind. It's just a matter of time. Other than the mufflers, the balance of the factory exhaust is horrible. It won't be long before all CTS-V owners realize this.

A little update, we're still waiting on the Vette Doc's to strap it down to the dyno. We're anxious to get some results. Stay tuned.

Nick

darjae
03-06-09, 09:57 PM
GMX, If you're a purist then there's nothing to discuss. If you like making HP then you will change your mind. It's just a matter of time. Other than the mufflers, the balance of the factory exhaust is horrible. It won't be long before all CTS-V owners realize this.

A little update, we're still waiting on the Vette Doc's to strap it down to the dyno. We're anxious to get some results. Stay tuned.

Nick

Nick,

I think you misunderstood. Your post that he was responding to said:

I will say this, the factory exhaust system leaves little to be desired.

I, as he did, took that to mean it was pretty good. I believe you intended to say that it "leaves a little to be desired." (little being sarcastic), meaning it could be much better.

So, his response of:

Well then, I for one will leave well enough alone.

didn't mean he was a purist, he just understood that it left little to be desired and there wasn't much to do to improve it.

I can understand from your response that that is not the case.

Hopefully, I've interpreted this all correctly and gotten everybody back on the same page

Darrell

GMX322V S/C
03-07-09, 04:26 AM
Ha gmx322v s/c
(leave well enough alone ?)

he said the stock exhaust sucksWell then he no good English speak:
...I will say this, the factory exhaust system leaves little to be desired

GMX322V S/C
03-07-09, 04:22 PM
Nick,

I think you misunderstood. Your post that he was responding to said:

I, as he did, took that to mean it was pretty good. I believe you intended to say that it "leaves a little to be desired." (little being sarcastic), meaning it could be much better.

So, his response of:

didn't mean he was a purist, he just understood that it left little to be desired and there wasn't much to do to improve it.

I can understand from your response that that is not the case.

Hopefully, I've interpreted this all correctly and gotten everybody back on the same page

Darrell
:yeah: Darrell, I initially missed your post on my iPhone so my last post was unnecessary, but well put--you covered it well.

thebigjimsho
03-07-09, 11:11 PM
this thread got pointless, fast...

darjae
03-07-09, 11:25 PM
this thread got pointless, fast...

hmmmmm

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 01:15 AM
indeed.