Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Tire Rack closing out Bridgestone RE-01R

4K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Bridgestone is introducing the Potenza RE-11, so the RE-01R, which was one of the hottest tires available just a year or so ago, is on close-out. The RE-01R was one of the first of the new generation of tires aimed pretty specifically at the various SCCA Street Tire auto-x classes, along with the Yoko Advan AD07 and a couple others. If you look at the various tire comparison tests on Tire Rack's website you'll see that it's a pretty damn good tire.

In our size the regular price was $251 each. They're now marked down to just $139 each! That's Sumitomo HTRZIII territory price-wise for a significantly more capable tire.

I don't need tires right now, but I'm tempted to buy a set just for grins. And I figured I'd post up here in case anyone was in the market for summer tires.

#2 ·
nice find, that is a sweet deal

#6 ·
What size you gonna go with Ted?

#5 ·
I have the Potenza RE-O1R on my car right now and they are sticky. I am definetly going to order another set to have on hand. The BFG's have a treadwear rating of 100 and only come with 6/32" tread depth. Not to sure how many miles you would get out of them.

#9 ·
I am in need of new rubber but wont install till the cold is over for the season.

I am torn between these, the KDs (really wish they were KDWs) and the $98 Goodyears. I like the fact that the BFG KWs are 265s.

#10 ·
I'm going to order one more set of KD's for the rear, at that price I dont feel bad leaving some of the road

#14 ·
humm, is everyone basin this of tread compound?

I say line up two v's with the two tires, and close mods...drop the hammer at various rpm's and see which one gets more traction:)

#18 ·
I have two new Falken RT-615s sitting in my shop. I was gonna order the other two this week. That said, does anybody know how the Bridgestones compare to the Falkens on the track? Is it worth the extra money, and letting the Falkens sit, to get the Bridgestones?
Thanks

Tony

#20 ·
Twitch, I've run both on the track, albeit only 1 session on RE-01's:

RE-01's > RT-615's.

Intial grip is about the same, but the RT-615's fade/grease, where the RE-01's don't.

-Chris

#19 ·
All gone!! :gah:

The item(s) crossed out below are no longer available.

Select an alternative item using the SELECT NEW ITEM button. If you wish to proceed without replacing the item, click REMOVE ITEM AND PROCEED.

Item Description Qty. Price Each Item Total

245/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R
Blackwall

#21 ·
All gone!! :gah:

The item(s) crossed out below are no longer available.

Select an alternative item using the SELECT NEW ITEM button. If you wish to proceed without replacing the item, click REMOVE ITEM AND PROCEED.

Item Description Qty. Price Each Item Total

245/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R
Blackwall
Story of my life. :helpless:

#28 ·
Tire Rack will have more available March 6th

245/40R18
Blackwall
Serv. Desc: 93W
Orig. Price: $250.00 (each)
$128.00 Closeout
Estimated Availability:
03/06/09
Optional Road Hazard Program: additional $15.36 per tire

245/45R18
Blackwall
Serv. Desc: 96W
Orig. Price: $251.00 (each)
$139.00 Closeout
Estimated Availability:
03/06/09
Optional Road Hazard Program: additional $16.68 per tire

#30 ·
Mine got delivered to the GF's Aunt's house today....I live in Indiana and they are in Illinois..so since tire rack is in Indiana I saved $60 in tax! I'm picking them up Sunday but won't have them mounted until April for the MVP track day at Putnam Park.

P.S. I ordered them YESTERDAY and the arrived today. Our size is now taken off the website.

#34 ·
I have the Dunlop DZ1's up front and the RE-01's in the rear. I have run the RE-01's on the track before and they are outstanding as a track tire. The side walls are very stiff! I have slicks now but next track day I am going to do a half a session with my street tires and see how the DZ1's compare.

#36 ·
Good deal.

#38 ·
786 (Stands for Bismillah ... ?)

You will need to call them for the size as they ran out and just got more in, but do not reflect the updates yet.

Mick

#40 ·
I went ahead and ordered a set today. I actually got the 2006 production date ones, so they were only $119 each instead of $139. For street tires I really don't give a damn if they're older and have gotten a little harder - I'm not trying to set any world records during my commutes. :)

#47 ·
Damn that's an amazing price. How are they in the rain? Might make a good 2nd set of track rain tires.

-Chris

#45 ·
For the price I cant justify 275s and with the weight of the Maggie I get a bit of rub in the front drivers side. My current tires are on theor last leg so I had to do this now.

Im not going to be tracking them and they will more than likely only last 1 year so the age doesnt bother me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.