: Ipod in the V????

QKSLVRTA
02-24-09, 09:22 AM
So I been searching and searching for a way to connect my Ipod / Iphone in my 2007 V, seen a few items guys say works in the 04-05 but nothing about 07s Came accross this:

http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1085

Never heard of it and can't find reviews... Anybody use this one????

$230 is a little pricey but if it works and it is all plug and play no wire cutting it would be worth it.

dannboss
02-24-09, 09:56 AM
If you don't mind not having a display on the NAV, the XM splice is very easy and works great. Took me about an hour and it is easy plug and play when I get in.

www.cadillacfaq.com

wgbanks
02-24-09, 10:06 AM
I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch and use the USA Spec VETTE model in my 04 "V" and it works great. It is an easy install and can be found on eBay or other online retailers in the $160 - $180 range. Do a search or ask the customer service about applications with the iPhone. I believe that there might be charging issues because the plugs differ from 1st to 2nd Gen "I" components. A USA Spec search on the "V" forum is additionally helpful. Below is the link indicating the application for CTS, including the "V" from 04 -07.

http://www.usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa11-vette.pdf

QKSLVRTA
02-24-09, 11:03 AM
yeah I looked at that one the other day as well

QKSLVRTA
02-24-09, 11:05 AM
If you don't mind not having a display on the NAV, the XM splice is very easy and works great. Took me about an hour and it is easy plug and play when I get in.

www.cadillacfaq.com

I like the display portion, that's why I was looking at this one can control from ipod or the Nav/Cd

B-1 Buddha
02-24-09, 02:25 PM
I got the Neucleus (write-up is in the FAQ). It integrates well with the Nav system for display, and allows navigation of your ipod via OEM controls (though that is very clunky). However, since the Neucleus taps into the OBD wiring in order to integrate with the Radio/Nav system, it also causes a couple gremlins. The Traction Control and Service Theft System messages come on intermittently. :cursin:
I don't know if the USA Spec or NeoPro kits do this.

ichpen
02-24-09, 04:58 PM
The Neo and Usa Spec are pretty much identical. They plug into the XM sat receiver found near the subwoofer compartment in the back, then you run the wiring to the front where you attach to your ipod. So make sure you have the XM receiver first before buying (and just having the XM channel on your radio doesn't mean you have the receiver).

The splice trick is probably the easiest.

MIGHTYMOUSE
02-24-09, 05:23 PM
how about regular mp3 players or say for example my phone which is chocked full of mp3's and has a mini headphone jack on it which i currently play to one of those fm transmitters

Mystical_Ice
02-24-09, 06:35 PM
So make sure you have the XM receiver first before buying (and just having the XM channel on your radio doesn't mean you have the receiver).

Actually it does. If the car doesn't detect a XM receiver when it starts, it doesn't display the XM1 and XM2 channels on the NAV. You may not have XM service, but if you have XM channels on the NAV, then you have the receiver.

I'm pretty sure of that, because every so often with the Neo kit (and i'm on #3 right now) you'll start the car up one day, and there'll be no XM channels. I was told it was because during the startup phase, if the computer doesn't detect a XM receiver, it doesn't display the channels :)

Mystical_Ice
02-24-09, 06:36 PM
how about regular mp3 players or say for example my phone which is chocked full of mp3's and has a mini headphone jack on it which i currently play to one of those fm transmitters

Yup - the Neo and USA Spec (identical units, just different labels on them) have RCA inputs. All you'd need to do is go to radio shack and get a 1/8" to RCA adapter, and you're home free :)

REDEVIL
02-24-09, 07:01 PM
USA Spec is the way to go (and I have an '07 as well). If you have an iPhone 3G you will have to get one of the new cables, as the older cables do not support charging the 3G iPhones. I have had my USA spec for close to a year now, and it's great. It was kind of a pain to install (because it ties into the XM radio), but if you are halfway electronic/tool handy and patient it can be done in a few hours. :thumbsup:

wgbanks
02-24-09, 09:32 PM
This link has some good info.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/138882-has-anyone-used-ipod-adapter-yet.html

QKSLVRTA
02-25-09, 01:49 PM
good looking out man.... didn't see that one after reading this think I'll spend the extra $$ and go with the Neo one