: Happy Independance Day!

Ralph
07-04-04, 02:11 AM
It's 12:07 a.m. my time and no one said it yet, so there ya go. I hope everyone drives safe if travelling and everyone has a good time down there no matter what you are doing today. I like watching the fireworks on the news from all the major U.S. cities. :)

Here are some nice Patriotic pics I found that could be used as avatars: take care!

Sandy
07-04-04, 10:51 AM
Thank you good buddy for the sentiments. For myself, it's a very sad day, and always will be. 9 years ago this date, my Mom gave up her fight against Alzheimer's and passed away at age 80 after battling the evilest of all illness for a decade. So, I'll visit the cemetary while others have Bar-B-Ques and cook-outs and parties. My wife & son beside me, and my son leaves me tomorrow to return to college (taking 2 of next years courses over the summer to get them outta the way). Tomorrow it's back to normal.

How's your Fleetwood doing? I had mine out 2 times since April 1st. total miles driven was 19. Mileage is 9,910, or 901 a year.

Ralph
07-04-04, 09:22 PM
Thank you good buddy for the sentiments. For myself, it's a very sad day, and always will be. 9 years ago this date, my Mom gave up her fight against Alzheimer's and passed away at age 80 after battling the evilest of all illness for a decade. So, I'll visit the cemetary while others have Bar-B-Ques and cook-outs and parties. My wife & son beside me, and my son leaves me tomorrow to return to college (taking 2 of next years courses over the summer to get them outta the way). Tomorrow it's back to normal.

How's your Fleetwood doing? I had mine out 2 times since April 1st. total miles driven was 19. Mileage is 9,910, or 901 a year.

WOW! You posted almost 12 hours ago,(last lounge post also) and there are only 21 members on now during prime time! Everyone must be out celebrating. :p

Sorry it's a sad day Sandy, but it sounds like she lived a good, long life and I would focus on that. :)

I remember taking many summer classes, and I liked it because there were no crowds anywhere, and the girls wore less when it's hot. :D

Fleetwoods fine, thanks. I don't drive it too much, and I think I only put around 500 kms on it this year so far. we are driving the old Pontiac to keep the "K" off her so maybe it'll hold its value in the future. I'm starting to think I was pretty stupid to not take the money I was offered for it last year! But I love it so that makes up for it. ;) I can't believe my Dad has not driven his "new" DTS yet as it only has 1,000 miles on it! Summer is almost over, and I want him to test everything to see if there are any bugs in it before the warrenty expires!

Sandy
07-04-04, 11:44 PM
Not stupid at all. Life is about enjoyment. You enjoy it. Everything can't be broken down to dollars & sence. When people are dying, they never are sorry for the things they did, but only for the things they didn't do. "Gosh, I wish I had spent less time with the family & more time at the office???" {I don't think so!} ~ Gosh, wish I had sold my Fleetwood, and used the money to purchase risky stocks!! 'Ya, right :bonkers:

Dead Sled
07-04-04, 11:59 PM
great pix

brougham
07-05-04, 12:02 AM
Summer is almost over?? Its barely started!! :bonkers: :)

Ralph
07-05-04, 01:17 AM
Summer is almost over?? Its barely started!! :bonkers: :)

Well, considering that our May and June are usually very warm, we've been ripped off so far weather wise. Hopefully July and Aug. will be better, but so far NOT! :rant2: It's going too fast! I know, I'll build a time machine, and will also get the lotto numbers for next week. :rolleyes2

Ralph
07-05-04, 01:20 AM
Not stupid at all. Life is about enjoyment. You enjoy it. Everything can't be broken down to dollars & sence. When people are dying, they never are sorry for the things they did, but only for the things they didn't do. "Gosh, I wish I had spent less time with the family & more time at the office???" {I don't think so!} ~ Gosh, wish I had sold my Fleetwood, and used the money to purchase risky stocks!! 'Ya, right :bonkers:

LOL! Good points! "Gee, I wish I sold my Caddy so I could replace it with that Mazda 3." Ya, you're right. ;)

Dead Sled
07-05-04, 01:50 AM
we got screwed it rained here last night and fireworks got called off

Ralph
07-05-04, 02:08 AM
we got screwed it rained here last night and fireworks got called off

That sucks.

I think Washington DC had the best display of fireworks, it made our news!

D148L0
07-05-04, 11:24 AM
we got screwed it rained here last night and fireworks got called offThat is too bad, I hope at least you had a great time with the friends.
Here in DC there was a severe storm that ended before the fireworks started as scheduled. As always, a great show, but this year it was a lot shorter... securitywise, maybe? Anyway, happy bday, America!

Elvis
07-05-04, 07:51 PM
My dogs are glad it's over.

Ralph
07-06-04, 01:59 AM
My dogs are glad it's over.

I would have paid to see that! :p