: Dash noise/vibration

dysert
02-23-09, 10:34 PM
I really like my CTS-V with one complaint, there is a noise in the dash which I would say is closer to a vibration sound than a true rattle. I left my Escalade for service and got a brand new CTS for a loaner. It also has the same noise only louder and more annoying than my car. It is hard to localize but sounds in front of the driver and appears when the pavement is a little rough. My 2 year old Escalade ESV has no noises at all. Does anyone else have a similar noise?

GMX322V S/C
02-24-09, 12:26 AM
Do both the cars have sunroofs? If yes, when it's making the sound, push up on the sunroof a little and see if it affects the sound at all.

dysert
02-24-09, 10:11 PM
No. My car does and the loaner does not. Good thought though.

clubho
07-10-09, 04:26 PM
my car rattles everywhere. in the headliner front back and both sides...i am so angry at this point i don't know what to do...i am look for other posts to see if anyone else has these problems and if not I'll start a new post and detail out what i have been going through.

Gotham CTS-V
07-10-09, 05:09 PM
Noticed there is a creak in the center console/dashboard area. More pronounced when you make a tight turn or hit a bump.

lavaman
07-10-09, 05:21 PM
My 08 CTS had a vibration that came from the speaker grate/cover on the top of the dash (Drivers side). I could reproduce the noise by tapping on it. The dealer fixed the rattle/vibration only to have it return later. It still had the noise when I traded it for my "V".

RapidRob
07-10-09, 07:17 PM
Noticed there is a creak in the center console/dashboard area. More pronounced when you make a tight turn or hit a bump.

Only noise my v2 makes is a very minor, "creak", from the sun-roof area when making a turn. Lubricating could help from what I have read here. Otherwise the car is free from rattles or other noises, (except engine/drive-train stuff ...). 2100 miles.

Rob

vperl
07-10-09, 10:12 PM
My V is silent, and it works great in all aspects.

Might be because Radiant Silver is the best color, not only faster, but built to excellence

Gotham CTS-V
07-11-09, 02:51 PM
Update!

I found out what was causing the creaking. I have the Recaro seats option and I realized that the lower adjustable hip support was at the widest setting. This caused the seat to be pressing against the center console which was making it creak a lot on turns. I tightened up the adjustable lower portion of the seat and now no more creaks!

gtoctsv
07-11-09, 02:52 PM

Might be because Radiant Silver is the best color, not only faster, but built to excellence

Hm, mine's Radiant Silver too, no sun roof, agree with best and faster, but my passenger side seat does rattle over certain types of bumps....

q2bruiser
07-11-09, 03:33 PM
My center console creaked around every turn of if any pressure, at all, was placed on it. Result of hard plastics. One day maybe GM will find a way to silence the things. Should not be present in a car of this class.

JKH

RWFJR
07-11-09, 03:33 PM

I guess you can Thunder Gray to that also!!!