: Good news...Koni to possibly join the party...

miscreant
07-04-04, 03:08 AM
Shipping monday is a set of factory CTS-V shocks (thanks to a demo CTS-V on our lot), heading to Koni NA (care of Lee Grimes) for some hopeful R&D on a CTS/CTS-V 5-way adjustable kit! :D :D :D

lasstss
07-05-04, 01:27 AM
That should be interesting! I called Bilstein 2 weeks ago and they blew me off. Said that had no interest and it wasnt in the pipeline any time soon!

Devil_concours
07-05-04, 03:49 AM
That should be interesting! I called Bilstein 2 weeks ago and they blew me off. Said that had no interest and it wasnt in the pipeline any time soon!
that sucks. I guess we should all go out and buy koni adjustables and make fun of blistein for missing out on perfect opportunity

miscreant
07-05-04, 11:33 AM
That should be interesting! I called Bilstein 2 weeks ago and they blew me off. Said that had no interest and it wasnt in the pipeline any time soon!Yeah, blew me off, too. Acted like I was wasteing their time just talking with them.:banghead:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-05-04, 01:57 PM
i emailed koni and they blew me off, but i am excited!

Cal
07-05-04, 02:01 PM
Enlighten me, what are Koni 5-ways normally costing? And are they more for performance/wheel hop/etc or are they purely for lowering the car and making your teeth rattle in your head.

Devil_concours
07-05-04, 02:11 PM
Enlighten me, what are Koni 5-ways normally costing? And are they more for performance/wheel hop/etc or are they purely for lowering the car and making your teeth rattle in your head.
koni adjustable struts costed me right around 800 + core charge on my grand prix few years back. They are nice since you can adjust the firmness with a twist of knob.

miscreant
07-05-04, 02:42 PM
Koni's tend to run from $600-$800 for a kit. They do not lower the vehicle as they do not provide springs with them, their just shocks. The nice thing about the Konis would be that you would dial the rears in to SUPER STIFF for no wheel whop when you were at the track, but dial them back in to soft for the ride home...:rolleyes:

Cal
07-05-04, 02:46 PM
Koni's tend to run from $600-$800 for a kit. They do not lower the vehicle as they do not provide springs with them, their just shocks. The nice thing about the Konis would be that you would dial the rears in to SUPER STIFF for no wheel whop when you were at the track, but dial them back in to soft for the ride home...:rolleyes:
So they are cheaper than the FG2...and perform better? What is the difference between a Koni and a Nivomat, in this case.

miscreant
07-05-04, 04:19 PM
So they are cheaper than the FG2...and perform better? What is the difference between a Koni and a Nivomat, in this case.
Night and day. The Nivomat is a self-leveling shock. The Koni is adjustable in that it's "firmness" or dampening can be adjusted, not ride height.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-05-04, 06:59 PM
i wish they would make coilovers and solve everyones problems

thebigjimsho
07-05-04, 07:30 PM
If you know where to look, you can find Konis cheaper. I'll have to look up where I found mine for my SHO, but they weren't much more than $100 apiece. That, however, was just for inserts. You had to modify the stock strut housing. Still, great struts! I wouldn't necessarily say the softest setting was stock, but close.

miscreant
07-05-04, 07:44 PM
If you know where to look, you can find Konis cheaper. I'll have to look up where I found mine for my SHO, but they weren't much more than $100 apiece. That, however, was just for inserts. You had to modify the stock strut housing. Still, great struts! I wouldn't necessarily say the softest setting was stock, but close.
The strut inserts are generally cheaper, many times because they can used on a variety of vehicles (Like Taurus strut inserts can be used on Grand Prixs)...

Unfortunately, our vehicles have shocks front and rear and the housings cannot be reloaded with strut cartidges.

lasstss
07-05-04, 11:33 PM
I saw a set of C-5 shocks. They look exacly like the V shocks.

U channel at the bottom and two bolt top. Of course, Im sure that the valving is completely different.