: 05-08 STS headlight adjustment

turnerbend
02-23-09, 05:38 PM
Can the STS headlight be adjusted? This is years 05-08.

WillySTS
02-23-09, 05:52 PM
Yes, I just did mine. It takes an allen wrench, it needs to be long or on a socket and extension, I think it is a 7 or 8mm. It fits into a cup under the hood behind the headlamp assemblies.

rb92gt
02-23-09, 07:03 PM
The fog lights can be adjusted as well by the screw that goes through the front of the lens. DO NOT try and make the beam aim too high or the screw will break the plastic that it screw into... my experience, oops.

Berger 93
12-01-09, 09:11 PM
It's a 6 mm allen key. Does need to be a fairly long key. Surprized there appears to only be an up down feature . . .

LAC_STS
12-01-09, 09:28 PM
Correct.

The STS headlights can only be adjusted vertically. There is no horizontal adjustment.

jnelson
12-03-09, 02:42 PM
:annoyed:Also you can not adjust the high beams and Cadillac will not do anything to correct the problem. Customer Service will only send you e-mails that they have got you complaint and have logged it into your file, no answer or solution. I finally got them to call me and then they offered me $100.00 of service work to go away, which I turned down and the Customer Service person then said they where closing my file! Great Customer Service. This is a design failure and they will not fix it or acknowledge the problem. My high beams are up in the tree's and off to the left at about one block. Thanks Cadillac

AnderbrA
12-04-09, 03:34 PM
..... My high beams are up in the tree's and off to the left at about one block. Thanks Cadillac

Thats the "Find the cat in the tree, neighbor intrusion prevention" feature.

Lucky you. :highfive:

Jakerin
08-13-16, 07:36 PM
Old thread or not, the search function worked well and led me to this thread. Kudos and THANKS!

ddalder
08-13-16, 09:16 PM
The high and low beams are adjusted simultaneously. If you're adjusting one, you're adjusting the other. If the high beams are too high, then so are the low beams. Directly from the service manual...

"The high beam will be correctly aimed if the low beam is aimed properly."

Too many people do not know how to correctly aim headlamps and do not follow the prescribed procedure. If the beams are still out, there is a problem internal to the headlamp assembly.

dkozloski
08-14-16, 04:59 AM
The place to start when adjusting headlights is to make sure the leveling system in the rear is working. 9 times out of 10 that's why the lights are aimed too high. The rear end is sagging.

Jakerin
08-15-16, 04:21 PM
Mine were too low, especially the left one. The right took a half turn and the left one a full turn plus a quarter turn. I may have to reset them after new shocks are installed I suppose. This is on an 06 V if it matters