: 05-08 STS headlight adjustment

turnerbend
02-23-09, 04:38 PM
Can the STS headlight be adjusted? This is years 05-08.

WillySTS
02-23-09, 04:52 PM
Yes, I just did mine. It takes an allen wrench, it needs to be long or on a socket and extension, I think it is a 7 or 8mm. It fits into a cup under the hood behind the headlamp assemblies.

rb92gt
02-23-09, 06:03 PM
The fog lights can be adjusted as well by the screw that goes through the front of the lens. DO NOT try and make the beam aim too high or the screw will break the plastic that it screw into... my experience, oops.

Berger 93
12-01-09, 08:11 PM
It's a 6 mm allen key. Does need to be a fairly long key. Surprized there appears to only be an up down feature . . .

LAC_STS
12-01-09, 08:28 PM
Correct.

The STS headlights can only be adjusted vertically. There is no horizontal adjustment.

jnelson
12-03-09, 01:42 PM
:annoyed:Also you can not adjust the high beams and Cadillac will not do anything to correct the problem. Customer Service will only send you e-mails that they have got you complaint and have logged it into your file, no answer or solution. I finally got them to call me and then they offered me $100.00 of service work to go away, which I turned down and the Customer Service person then said they where closing my file! Great Customer Service. This is a design failure and they will not fix it or acknowledge the problem. My high beams are up in the tree's and off to the left at about one block. Thanks Cadillac

AnderbrA
12-04-09, 02:34 PM
..... My high beams are up in the tree's and off to the left at about one block. Thanks Cadillac

Thats the "Find the cat in the tree, neighbor intrusion prevention" feature.

Lucky you. :highfive: