: New member seeks your help guys

UAE1
02-23-09, 02:56 AM
Hi..
i have been around this forum for the last few weeks but today i joined you guys. as a former C6 Zo6 owner, CTS-V was my choise when i needed a sport sedan.
i am waiting for the past 6 months to order my V but due to the fact that my dealer couldnt order a 6 sp, i had to wait until now.
here is my problem guys:
1- my dealer called me today saying that he cant get me a recaros any more as GM told him that they will stop them?? any input about that?
2- i have seen only ebony interior with recaros yet i didnt see the other colors, i dont know what type of seat am i going to get if the recaros are not an option! how do they feel? comfy or no? these type of things.
my plan is to get a Silver, fully loaded with 6 sp, but no idea about interior color so far, pics of diffrent interios would be a big help, i cant wait for 3 months to get the wrong order, i have to do it right the first time.
Thanks in advance guys

wahala
02-23-09, 06:30 AM
Check out the link
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/155416-pics-delivered-09-vs-here.html

There are some pictures of the titanium grey, which is what I have ordered.

Good luck

OldDrummer55
02-23-09, 11:40 AM
Hi..
i have been around this forum for the last few weeks but today i joined you guys. as a former C6 Zo6 owner, CTS-V was my choise when i needed a sport sedan.
i am waiting for the past 6 months to order my V but due to the fact that my dealer couldnt order a 6 sp, i had to wait until now.
here is my problem guys:
1- my dealer called me today saying that he cant get me a recaros any more as GM told him that they will stop them?? any input about that?

I haven't read or heard anything indicating the Recaros are unavailable. This would impact my order too. Scott of Superior is still advertising Recaros, so I don't know where your dealer is coming from. Scott? Tony?

Are you overseas?

UAE1
02-23-09, 12:44 PM
yes am over seas, UAE.
my car should be built in march since it should arrive here by end of may, i passed by my dealer again today and he confirmed that there is no recaros but he is going to speak with GM again.

kgmoney
02-23-09, 12:48 PM
They are available in the states, I would be surprised if your dealer and tony or scott couldn't work something out to ship you a car with recaros from one of them. There would obviously be a small shipping fee but they may be able to take care of it in the destination charge. Dont give in, buy the V the way you want it!

Razorecko
02-23-09, 01:19 PM
I'd say talk to another dealer also. How do you know your dealer isnt' full of crap and just trying to dump a non-recaro order on your shoulders ??

aceofblitz
02-23-09, 02:08 PM
The solution is simple, ditch Liberty Motors and just order it from the states the way you want it. It's quite easy there are many showrooms and companies that do all the dirty work of looking for the car you want and ordering and shipping it here, it wont exceed 260,000 dirhams if you order it from the states. If you have the cash at hand and strictly want the 6-speed manual version, I think this is the easiest solution.

Krug Ford
02-23-09, 02:41 PM
I have some on order that are sold and it has not been an issue.

The dealer does noy have the allocation to order one with recaro's..

ctsv5005
02-23-09, 04:35 PM
Hi..
here is my problem guys:
2- i have seen only ebony interior with recaros yet i didnt see the other colors, i dont know what type of seat am i going to get if the recaros are not an option! how do they feel? comfy or no? these type of things.
my plan is to get a Silver, fully loaded with 6 sp, but no idea about interior color so far, pics of diffrent interios would be a big help, i cant wait for 3 months to get the wrong order, i have to do it right the first time.
Thanks in advance guys

hi UAE1, well i got my cts v almost a month back, and i live in the uae too. the car is amazing, it has recaros, and yes its ebony. all the orders for the middle east are going to come with ebony interiors, as far as recaros are concerned ive also heard that they are no more in production, well if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me. and yes recaros feel great and are more than comfortable. cheers!

UAE1
02-24-09, 12:13 AM
thanks guys for all the help..
yes i can order it from the states thats no big deal for me, but its going to cost me 250000-260000DR to get here, thats without the 5% tax, and no warranty, yet for 270000 i can get it with a 4 year war and a 4 or 100000Km service contract, i say very good deal.
guys my dealer is going to get me the 6sp, the only issue now is that he is saying that he wont be able to get me the recaros?
CTS-V5005: mabrook and i hope that you will enjoy your car, you got a pm.

ctsv5005
02-24-09, 05:41 PM
CTS-V5005: mabrook and i hope that you will enjoy your car, you got a pm.

thanks bro, yes im enjoying it so far, killed a new m5 yesterday, he even had exhaust system but still i beat him. i didnt get any pm from you yet.

UAE1
02-24-09, 11:52 PM
i cant send any pms since am new here.. send me a pm with your info and i will call you.