: problem with steering parts

Jun
02-23-09, 02:34 AM
Hello.
First, i'm sorry i'm not good at english.
I'm looking for a solution realted to problem '08 STS 3.6 in S.Korea.
When i received a car first from dealer, car was gone diagonally. so i check wheel alinement to go straight in the shop.
but there was nothing happen, car was going diagonally like before.
so i reset ecu? esp? realted to steering then it is going straight. after that when i running fast, tire was rumble because i did many wheel alinement.
I think before i checked wheel alinement, if engineer resets ECU?, i did not wasted money & time to repair.
Please reply realted this problem.

I want to know that when the car was go diagonally, is it better doing reset ECU?

Thanks in advanced.

EChas3
02-23-09, 01:06 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Cars will go off-track for a few reasons. If your allignment is good, it could be brakes. Does it happen when stopping? If so, have them checked.

Other reasons,

Some tires are over-inflated?
Unusual wear-pattern on tires?
Always same road?
A 'crowned' road makes rainwater flow from center-line to edges. (The car will follow the water!)
Strong cross-winds?

Jun
02-24-09, 01:07 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Cars will go off-track for a few reasons. If your allignment is good, it could be brakes. Does it happen when stopping? If so, have them checked.

Other reasons,

Some tires are over-inflated?
Unusual wear-pattern on tires?
Always same road?
A 'crowned' road makes rainwater flow from center-line to edges. (The car will follow the water!)
Strong cross-winds?

Thank you for reply.
I replace steering gear all part 1 weeks ago. and car still does not repaired. so i did reset the ECU, and it goes straight.
I would like to know that it must reset the ecu when steering gear replace.
Thank you.