: OEM Denso/Bose Navigation Install

dkinder
02-23-09, 02:08 AM
Has anyone ever tried to swap in the OEM Denso/Bose navigation system into a Catera? I know it comes in the Devilles and such and was wondering if it might work with maybe the Bose system Catera's. I know it's a long-shot but it would be pretty nice.

CateraMV6
02-23-09, 11:34 AM
I would go with Pioneer or if you want something truly unique get a MIO GPS system... comes with traffic alert... 4.3" Display... its portable and you can have it for around 200$... the nice thing is that you can actually play movies and other stuff on it...

Mine has been hacked I have MS word, excell etc... its like a mini palm!... works like a charm and I can take it with me and play with it whenever I want...

The indash stuff is an awesome invitation for thieves... not that the little one isnt but you can at least remove it..

AHazzardToAll
02-23-09, 02:22 PM
I put in a keenwood witht the garmin gps and they're real nice. so far as theives go get some tinted windows. they look cool, keep your car cooler in the summers, and keep peeking eyes away. the windshield units are actually easier to spot and steal. you just have to rip it off the windshield in 3 seconds and run off. I mounted the aftermarket so in orger to get it out you have to pull all the trim, buttons, ash tray, etc. too much work for a theif. =P plus it looks real clean. I don't worry about it dissapearing, i'm more concerned about my windshield mounted g-tech meter and my fuzz buster.