: Just Signed up!

Jake's SRX
02-22-09, 08:16 PM
Good day all... First thanks to all as we were looking for used CTS, i used the forum huge last week looking at posts, and ended up with 2005 SRX (N*) . Sales rep said Rear wheel drive but thanks to this forum I see it may actually be an AWD!!! Option codes MX7 and MV3 are both listed on build sheet. Purchased from a very reputable GM Cadillac dealer with 2 years of GMPP warranty. I know to look at the jack storage and look over the sunroof again. What I have seen here has been A1 support and I look forward to many years of posts.
With a golden retriever the SRX is better suited to us than the CTS, and we will make sure the paws don't get caught between the seats when folded.
Once again great site and we pick it up in 3 days!:cool2:

sgilbert
02-22-09, 08:35 PM
Welcome & enjoy your new ride! My 95# Vizsla enjoys the back, but he has a large bed thanks to Eddie Bauer. :)

Jake's SRX
02-28-09, 05:50 PM
ok I picked it up they had to change the rear air shocks... seems a bit thirsty of a machine that N*. What should I be seeing? I'm getting about 13 mpg in the city... Normal? this sounds a little low...

jdavis
02-28-09, 06:49 PM
ok I picked it up they had to change the rear air shocks... seems a bit thirsty of a machine that N*. What should I be seeing? I'm getting about 13 mpg in the city... Normal? this sounds a little low...

Jake, I am afraid that the North Star isn't known for great gas mileage. Here in Florida we only have ethanol blended fuel with cuts mpg even more. Your mileage is not too far off the normal range. However, for a more accurate number calculate it yourself and do not rely on the DIC.
Welcome to the forum. I know that you will find this forum a friendly and informative place.:thumbsup:

Jake's SRX
03-01-09, 08:50 PM
Well we filled it up and we took it for a 100 mile drive and got 21 mpg (calculated). I'm good with that! The terrain was hills and I did about 60 to 65 mph. Our 2007 silverado crew cab 4X4 Z71 gets 25 on the highway! Ride was grate, did hear the creek/groan around the sun roof and wiil look into that when it warms up. No water in the jack compartment, but one of the bulbs in the head light assembly, (the small one). sounds like it will be an adventure to change. WE LOVE THE NEW MACHINE....

GMJim
03-03-09, 08:44 PM
Welcome Jake, Enjoy your new ride.

Northern SRX
03-04-09, 06:01 AM
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your N* SRX.