Also post the car you're going to bring
suggestions for alternate locations are welcome
LIST
Devil_Concours (04 White CTS)
rabid (CTS-V)
lasstss (Black CTS-V)

rabid
07-03-04, 09:18 PM
I'm in. About a 30 to 45 minute drive for me (I think).

lasstss
07-04-04, 06:06 PM
Im in, sounds good. A chence to meet v owners other than seeing them on the lot. :coffee:

Devil_concours
07-04-04, 06:57 PM
Im in, sounds good. A chence to meet v owners other than seeing them on the lot. :coffee:
cool

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-04-04, 11:48 PM
Could we do this a bit earlier ill prob go back to atlanta the first week in august :(

Devil_concours
07-04-04, 11:52 PM
Could we do this a bit earlier ill prob go back to atlanta the first week in august :(
if it's ok with everyone

rabid
07-05-04, 12:12 AM
if it's ok with everyonefine w/ me

lasstss
07-05-04, 12:18 AM
There is a great cruise spot in Mt Airy off rte 70 west. 1st and 3rd saturday of each month. The V was a real hit. I got more traffic than most of the hot rods. A bit far for you VA/DC guys though.

Devil_concours
07-06-04, 09:59 AM
There is a great cruise spot in Mt Airy off rte 70 west. 1st and 3rd saturday of each month. The V was a real hit. I got more traffic than most of the hot rods. A bit far for you VA/DC guys though.
How do i get there from northern va?

lowscola
07-06-04, 02:10 PM
I'm in Baltimore. What/Where is Skyline Drive? Is it the Shenandoah National Park in VA?

Devil_concours
07-06-04, 02:52 PM
I'm in Baltimore. What/Where is Skyline Drive? Is it the Shenandoah National Park in VA?
yep it is.

T_Dogg8
07-06-04, 03:35 PM
how far is it from south central pa, not too far from hagerstown?? is it east or west of frederick??

Devil_concours
07-06-04, 05:16 PM
how far is it from south central pa, not too far from hagerstown?? is it east or west of frederick??
nvm

07-06-04, 05:44 PM
I'd be up for meeting up somewhere, though closer to DC/NoVA is always better. Ok for me to jump our for an hour or two, but to spend a weekend day away from the family to meet up with a "bunch of guys I met on the internet" might have my wife questioning my sanity. To bring the kids to such a confab might get me a week on the couch......

Doug
Silver/Ebony 2004 V

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-06-04, 06:10 PM
How about this weekend at some place with a bigt parking lot? Or if someone has a garage with a big working area that would be great also, we can do some small modifications and look at different cars

07-06-04, 09:26 PM
I think Metro Station parking lots along the Orange line are fairly empty and free on weekends if there aren't any big events downtown (at least I think they are still free on weekends!). How about Saturday afternoon at the Dunn Loring Metro station in Vienna? I have a small yet free window early Sat. afternoon.

This does not need to preclude something bigger, later, as proposed by Dev C.....

Did jspinetto get included on the private message? He is in the area, and one of the rare few who has totalled a V........and replaced it with another V.....

Doug

Devil_concours
07-06-04, 10:48 PM
I think Metro Station parking lots along the Orange line are fairly empty and free on weekends if there aren't any big events downtown (at least I think they are still free on weekends!). How about Saturday afternoon at the Dunn Loring Metro station in Vienna? I have a small yet free window early Sat. afternoon.

This does not need to preclude something bigger, later, as proposed by Dev C.....

Did jspinetto get included on the private message? He is in the area, and one of the rare few who has totalled a V........and replaced it with another V.....

Doug
Sounds good on location. Anyone wanna come? I will gladly come out and check out some of local v.
can you pm him for me please?

Devil_concours
07-06-04, 10:51 PM
How about this weekend at some place with a bigt parking lot? Or if someone has a garage with a big working area that would be great also, we can do some small modifications and look at different cars
fine with me. Any suggestions for a place?
Get a smaller group going and get acquinted with each other then go on to a bigger meet eventually having a huge north east meet with everyone from philly and ny.

jspinetto
07-07-04, 12:34 AM
I am up for the Dunn Loring spot and/or Skyline drive, lets just pick a time!

Saturday would fine with me

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-07-04, 01:45 AM
I have a friends car audio shop near tysons corner that could be good...would that work?

D148L0
07-07-04, 09:17 AM
I have a friends car audio shop near tysons corner that could be good...would that work?car audio shop... mmmmm..... *drooling*
I think the location is ok, since it's closer. If the meet actually takes place, and people go, that will be an incentive to do a bigger/better one in skyline (excellent idea, by the way).

07-07-04, 09:22 AM
How about 1 pm this Saturday July 10? Anywhere near Tysons is fine with me; Dunn Loring metro lot is one option (maybe toward the rear of the lot near the kiss and ride?), the audio shop is also OK if there is enough parking without jamming up his business......

Doug

jspinetto
07-07-04, 11:58 AM
That would work for me just fine.

Devil_concours
07-07-04, 12:54 PM
i'm up for either. I may also want rear parking sensor installed

07-07-04, 01:14 PM
I have a friends car audio shop near tysons corner that could be good...would that work?
Looks like it's your call as to where, if you can make 1 pm saturday. It seems that we have at least a few people interested.....

lasstss
07-07-04, 06:21 PM
How do i get there from northern va?
I think its too far for you but here are the directions. 95N to 100West to 29 north to 70West Mt Airy exit. off exit ramp t right. First light turn left. Follow 1/4 mile J. Cones on the right in the souther states parking lot.

Option is north to Fredrick to 70 east... same exit.

lasstss
07-07-04, 06:22 PM
Looks like it's your call as to where, if you can make 1 pm saturday. It seems that we have at least a few people interested.....
Tysons corner is good. We need to settle on a location and date.:bonkers:

07-07-04, 07:08 PM
How about 1 pm this Saturday July 10? Anywhere near Tysons is fine with me; Dunn Loring metro lot is one option (maybe toward the rear of the lot near the kiss and ride?), the audio shop is also OK if there is enough parking without jamming up his business......

Doug
looks like we have some interest in (a first confab) this Saturday July 10 at 1pm; the only open question seems to be whether it will be at the Dunn Loring Metro parking lot or the audio shop owned by a friend of BUILDINGCTSAMG. Waiting to hear back from him.

This could be in addition to a bigger thing like Skyline at another date/time....

Devil_concours
07-07-04, 10:54 PM
looks like we have some interest in (a first confab) this Saturday July 10 at 1pm; the only open question seems to be whether it will be at the Dunn Loring Metro parking lot or the audio shop owned by a friend of BUILDINGCTSAMG. Waiting to hear back from him.

This could be in addition to a bigger thing like Skyline at another date/time....
sounds like a plan. So this sat at 10 at 1pm.
I say we meet up at the metro parking lot.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-08-04, 02:04 AM
This would be a better location i think...he needs to get an approval from the other shops ill get back to everyone on thursday

Devil_concours
07-08-04, 06:43 PM
This would be a better location i think...he needs to get an approval from the other shops ill get back to everyone on thursday
any word?

07-08-04, 08:58 PM
It's getting a bit late to still be up in the air on location. I move that we just make the call to meet at the Dunn Loring Metro Station, toward the rear of the lot (the lot that is near the Kiss and Ride), at 1 pm on Saturday July 10.

Anybody second the motion?

I'll be easy to spot; I'll be the guy driving the cadillac.

(as a backup location only, if for some reason the Metro lot turns out to be closed or inaccessible due to a bomb threat or anti-globalists or something, then we could meet at the Silver Diner parking lot about a mile down the road in Merrifield. Unlikely, though, so the primary plan is Dunn Loring Metro. We can always "cruise" to another location after we hook up if needed or if appropriate.)

Doug
PS: Who will be doing the wheel hop demonstrations? :burn:

Devil_concours
07-08-04, 09:01 PM
It's getting a bit late to still be up in the air on location. I move that we just make the call to meet at the Dunn Loring Metro Station, toward the rear of the lot (the lot that is near the Kiss and Ride), at 1 pm on Saturday July 10.

Anybody second the motion?

I'll be easy to spot; I'll be the guy driving the cadillac.

(as a backup location only, if for some reason the Metro lot turns out to be closed or inaccessible due to a bomb threat or anti-globalists or something, then we could meet at the Silver Diner parking lot about a mile down the road in Merrifield. Unlikely, though, so the primary plan is Dunn Loring Metro. We can always "cruise" to another location after we hook up if needed or if appropriate.)

Doug
PS: Who will be doing the wheel hop demonstrations? :burn:
i second the motion and i will leave wheel hop demo for the v owners.

Devil_concours
07-09-04, 10:39 AM
So who's coming tomorrow?

I'm in

List
Devil_concours (White CTS)
6104696 (Silver CTS-V)
BUILDINGCTSAMG (White CTS)

07-09-04, 10:45 AM
I'm in. (though now I realize that I am already listed above).

Doug

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-09-04, 01:58 PM
Im in but i should be getting word about the car audio shop any minute....i figured that way we could go inside if we get hot and people interested in that kinda stuff could look around, but im fine with the metro if thats what people want

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-09-04, 06:17 PM
We got the ok to do it at the shop, im not gonna post the address unless we decide to actually go there...

Devil_concours
07-09-04, 06:23 PM
We got the ok to do it at the shop, im not gonna post the address unless we decide to actually go there...
well we could all meet up at the metro station then move to audio shop

07-09-04, 07:58 PM
Let's meet at metro then take it from there.

Se y'all tomorrow at Dunn Loring at 1 pm.

D

D148L0
07-10-04, 12:13 PM
:banghead:
I'm not gonna make it.
Guys, I hope you have a great time.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-11-04, 12:49 AM
Thanks to all three of us that came out and had a good time, Next time we can do it at my place and have a bbq and a wash and wax

Devil_concours
07-11-04, 06:17 AM
Thanks to all three of us that came out and had a good time, Next time we can do it at my place and have a bbq and a wash and wax

yeah thanks for coming out to our meet and it was nice meeting you all.

07-11-04, 07:14 AM
yeah thanks for coming out to our meet and it was nice meeting you all.
Same here. Looking forward to the next one......

Doug

Vetts NV
07-12-04, 03:12 PM
Thats what I get for not checking the message board in a timely manner, by the time I had figured out you guys were doing this, and that I had been invited, the day had passed.... DOH :banghead:

BBQ and Wash and Wax sounds great for next meeting....

So axle hop demos for me, my V only has 300 miles on it!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-12-04, 04:33 PM
check out the group buys