: No auto: deal breaker?

GMX322V S/C
02-21-09, 04:28 PM
I, for one, was happy they offered the 2009 CTS-V with an automatic transmission; however, I still would have bought it if it were only offered with a manual transmission (I was on the fence for about two weeks before the dealer could accept my order).

Just curious: how many automatic owners would have still purchased their V if it were manual only? Just an unscientific way to perhaps indicate what the take up rate among like-minded enthusiasts that come to the Web community to seek and share would've been if the manual weren't offered.

qictrk
02-21-09, 06:52 PM
You have to remember, a lot of people are buying the car for more than one driver, and in my case, my wife is not a great driver even with an automatic. I had wanted to buy a ZO6, but no automatic was offered. This car is god sent. Cecil...........

GMX322V S/C
02-21-09, 07:18 PM
^ Oh that consideration was definitely on my mind--for those long, Grand Touring road trips with the family...

RogersV
02-21-09, 08:07 PM
If a standard trans was the only thing offered, my 09 CTS-V would still be sitting in the dealers showroom.

RapidRob
02-21-09, 10:59 PM
Actually, I would take either car - but I did order the manual just because of the type of performance vehicle it is. I guess that makes me a, "purist", even though I don't really feel like I am ...

Rob

Razorecko
02-21-09, 11:22 PM
i got the manual so the women couldnt drive it :cool: ....hopefully she doesnt want to learn stick

RapidRob
02-21-09, 11:48 PM
:yeah: also .... :rolleyes:

Rob

BeagleBrains
02-22-09, 12:18 AM
2007 Corvette
2004 CTS V
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
All Manual Shift.
90% of the cars my wife and I have owned in 40 years of marriage have been "Stick Shift" by our own choice.

Tasos
02-22-09, 01:07 AM
A choice is always better than no choice at all.

CSX
02-22-09, 02:34 AM
Everything I own is manual. The CTS-V will be no different. And if it were only offered with an auto transmission, that may be enough of a deal-breaker for me to look elsewhere for a vehicle.

Everyone using the wife excuse should teach your significant others how to drive. :p

TaVern
02-22-09, 03:14 AM
Well said :thumbsup:

wahala
02-22-09, 07:17 AM
I have 3 other vehicles with manuals, just wanted a change this time. The excuse of the significant other not being able to use it is just a poor excuse, I taught my wife how to first drive with a standard, and she is fine with it. On this baby when it comes in, we are both looking at going to driving school so we can both enjoy the ride to the fullest.

V-Love
02-22-09, 09:22 AM
I voted but don't own an 09. :histeric: I am so evil!

marktanner
02-22-09, 02:09 PM
I bought my '08 CTS with a stick, after I finally found one to test drive. I have a '93 M5 and '05 GT3, both available in stick only. I am considering trading up to a V2 stick, but I'm having a hard time finding a stick to test drive. I generally don't like automatics for my style of driving, and don't find the "manual" function of most autos to be satisfactory. I support choice, but the dealers are being overly conservative with their orders, IMO.

BeagleBrains
02-22-09, 02:29 PM
I do not have to use any "wife" excuse.
She likes something upright to stroke for more precise driving control.:cloud9:

GMX322V S/C
02-22-09, 02:29 PM
I voted but don't own an 09. :histeric: I am so evil!Oh NO, you've tainted our data! Rebel. :ill: j/k --I wanted to change the poll to include those considering purchasing the V2, but I couldn't edit it or delete it to start over...

qictrk
02-22-09, 05:02 PM
Oh NO, you've tainted our data! Rebel. :ill: j/k --I wanted to change the poll to include those considering purchasing the V2, but I couldn't edit it or delete it to start over...

I say we ban him permanently to the Prius Forum. Cecil..........:mob:

V-Love
02-22-09, 09:15 PM
I say we ban him permanently to the Prius Forum. Cecil..........:mob:

I will never go tree hugger. I use extra thick plastic bags that never break down in the landfill.

GMX322V S/C
02-23-09, 11:53 PM
I bet our tiny little sample's proportions are just the opposite of GM's Global expectations...