: Help with fixing a broken shift solenoid

laurieH
07-03-04, 08:22 PM
Hi been on here lots today, I have a 94 seville sts with a broken shift solenois in the tranny. I am in need of a repair ASAP, (leaving town) and need some help walking me throgh this. I have done lots of repairs on my car myself andam hoping this one I can do too.
After I get to the trans pan, is it really complicated after that or not? I anyone can help me out here I would really appriceate it. I located the part and am going to get it. I wish I oculd wait to Tues. when the shops are open but I can't. I have a funeral to go to and I need to leave here no later than tomorrow night. Monday is my birthday so it really sicked already that I had a funeral that day, lol can it get any worse. Just am having a day from hell, but am tryint to stay positive. I fixed and replaced my egr valce thanks to you guys and my coil pack, plus a few other things, so I getting some car knowlege thats for sure. I spent a lot of money on this car to buy it, and ofcourse over the years before finding this site I spent thousands$$$$ on repairs, still specd some here and there but am taking care of lots myself. Thanks everyone.

rollman
07-03-04, 08:37 PM
Its great that your working on your own car. While your replacing the B solenoid you might as well replace the other (A) solenoid . Cadillac has a problem with both solenoids failing . And yes continuing to drive your car with only second gear will harm your trans. No sense in making the problem worse then it is for yourself . Good luck

P029 .................... Transaxle Shift 'B' solenoid problem (1st, 3rd, 4th gear)
P094 .................. Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

Read over this thread>> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8031&highlight=P029

laurieH
07-03-04, 08:43 PM
Thank rollman,

Can you help me through this, any help you can give would be great. I am great following directions :) but need help gettting there