: 99 Cat, Tranny in Limp mode

Searayjba
02-20-09, 08:44 PM
My tansmission has been in limp mode for some time. Codes 1700, 1705, and just today 605.
Due to the 1705 code I replaced the range selection switch. Since that didn't work I changed the TCM. That didn't work either so now I need one of you gurus to tell me the next step.

Army_MP_From_MO
02-21-09, 04:44 PM
1700 is slippage, right? Check the fluid... or, hope I'm wrong, a rebuild/replace the tranny

Searayjba
02-21-09, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the response. However, my mistake, rechecked the codes:
- P0705 - Transmission Range sensor circuit malfunction (I replaced the range sendsor with new. Still get the code.)
- P1700 - Manufacturer specific powertrain trouble code (book says transmission MIL request)
- P0650 - MIL control circuit malfunction

The transmission is not slipping so I haven't messed with the fluid yet. As I said I have tried another TCM with no affect.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dkinder
05-12-09, 10:22 AM
I have nearly the same issue. In my '01 all of the transmission indicator lights flash and light up, then I get limp mode. I too replaced the range switch and then the TCM, and still have the problem. I've noticed that if I go over a big bump or slam the brakes on that the lights change. I had a friend slap things under the hood and we noticed that it changed when he slapped around the battery area, but none of the terminals are loose there. Presumably it is a loose ground of some sort, I just don't understand where...