: New wheels

stevzCTS
02-20-09, 08:01 PM
My first post:
I actually went shopping for a new CTS, but once I saw and drove this STS, I couldn't resist. I just picked it up last week.
Its a 2008 4.6L STS4, 9K miles, certified, loaded with 1SG, HUD, adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, side blind zone alert, tuscany leather, etc.
I'm lovin it. The pics are from the dealer.

Any advice on what problems to keep an eye on? Any other issues?
I already figured out that the voice recognition sucks. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/stevzc5/1G6DL67A480152114_4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/stevzc5/1G6DL67A480152114_6.jpg

urbanski
02-20-09, 08:09 PM
sweet ride

JMT
02-21-09, 12:41 PM
Nice looking car... Congrats!!! I was in the same boat as you, looking for a CTS but ended up buying a 2008 STS instead. Mine isn't as loaded as yours but has the V8 and Nav. it's light platinum in color with 10K and certified. I just couldn't pass up the price at $.50 on the dollar and still the current model year.... And agree on the voice rec. It sucks

EChas3
02-21-09, 07:58 PM
Welcome!

The VR can work better with some care. Any defroster airflow virtually disables it. Don't pause. Record your Nametags. Use the 'Help'. Practice can make it useful. I sat in the driveway for an hour with it and can use it for some nice tricks. (I still don't say numbers like it wants!)

There's no reason to expect trouble. If you've signed up for Onstar Maintenance Updates (x months complementary with CPO), error codes should be delivered to your e-mail. Don't hesitate to let your dealers service department know of any concerns. Despite the negative posts on some dealers, most want you happy. Be nice.

Have fun!

Force-1
02-21-09, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard fellow Corvette Forum member! Congrats on the new ride!

:welcome:

C&C
02-22-09, 07:20 AM
Congrats on your new ride, and as far as VR goes, you might have to practice (for what it wants to hear); it works pretty good for my wife's voice (but it doesn't like 'me' very much). :hmm:

stevzCTS
02-22-09, 01:39 PM
Welcome aboard fellow Corvette Forum member! Congrats on the new ride!

:welcome:

Thanks Force-1!

BTW there was a thread on the other forum with a pic of your '06 STS a while back. I thought yours looked great. That was the one that got me really interested in the STS's. Small world huh?