: What's the difference?

McCaughey01
02-20-09, 01:52 PM
I was wondering what the difference is between the
V6 Luxury Performance Package(Highest package V6) and the V8 1SG
Other than the V8 motor of course. I am looking to buy the 2006 model.

ifmracin
02-20-09, 06:08 PM
This might help: http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/cadillac/sts/index.html

ifmracin
02-20-09, 06:30 PM
The V6 Luxury Performance Package adds 15-speaker surround-sound Bose stereo with in-dash six-disc CD changer, DVD-based navigation, Bluetooth phone interface, heated rear seats and ventilated/heated front seats, Eucalyptus wood trim, leather-wrapped wood-accented heated steering wheel, tilt/slide power sunroof, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with OnStar controls, outside automatic recirculating air quality sensor, tire pressure monitoring system, universal home remote, decklid spoiler, and performance brakes

The V8 Luxury Package includes the Memory Package, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, heated front and rear seats, four-way power lumbar adjusters, Bose surround-sound stereo and navigation system, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, universal home remote, and Eucalyptus wood trim.

The V8 Luxury Performance Package (1SF) adds an outside automatic recirculating air quality sensor, ventilated front seats, leather-wrapped wood-accented steering wheel, power sunroof, tire pressure monitoring system, more extensive Eucalyptus wood trim, Intellibeam Xenon headlamps and washers, a decklid spoiler, and performance brakes.

The Premium Lux Performance Package (1SG) adds premium Tuscany all-leather seating to the Luxury Performance Package list.

Adaptive cruise control ($2,300) is available for both models. A Performance Handling Package ($795) with special springs and shocks is available with rear-wheel drive but not all-wheel drive.

Info from: http://www.autobuyguide.com/2006/09-aut/cadillac/sts/index.html

Though, I'm pretty sure that the Adaptive Cruise and Handling Package is included with the 1SG package.

EChas3
02-21-09, 06:24 PM
Based on my research, one difference is that to get HUD/ACC with the AWD you must get the V8. That governed my decision. There may be other such dependancies. Anyone else that picky?

Regulator
02-21-09, 11:11 PM
Wow, you need HUD and ACC?

With all the options on the 1SG, you won't even be able to figure them all out, let alone have time to mess around with the ACC.

Benjamin Simon
02-22-09, 01:31 AM
Wow, you need HUD and ACC?

With all the options on the 1SG, you won't even be able to figure them all out, let alone have time to mess around with the ACC.

IDK, the ACC is rather awesome.

Greg00coupe
02-22-09, 08:29 AM
ACC is an option even with 1SG

BaTu
02-22-09, 10:35 AM
When I first got this car I too thought the HUD/ACC weren't going to be as useful as I later learned they were going to be. The 1SG has some just "gimicky" things (ie. voice recognition...) BUT, these two options are, without a doubt, the absolute GREATEST new options I've had in a car!

I LOVE them, don't know how I got along without them, and when I drive my other cars I become aware of the limits of their CC and constantly look to the windshield for Nav instructions and to check my speed (I'm always above the limit ;) )

This is great stuff - really....

Caroutisine
02-22-09, 01:48 PM
I really miss the HUD that I had on the '05 Vette. My STS doesn't have it. I should have spent the extra $$$ for AWD and HUD.

miked
02-23-09, 12:51 AM
We have HUD, ACC, but no AWD. Love the HUD and ACC.

EChas3
02-23-09, 11:27 AM
He with the most toys wins?
Maybe not...
But its fun getting there!

A better quote is:

"Life is a Race, Good Times Win."

If you enjoy what you have, you've already won.