: Available In Dash Navigation?

02-20-09, 02:08 AM
I'm about to buy a 2005 STS but it doesn't have a navigation system on it and I was wondering if there are any in dash navigation systems available on the market that I can install (maybe into the sunglass slot on the center of the dash). I checked best buy and a couple of retailers and none of them seem to carry anything that is compatible with the 2005 STS.

urbanski
02-20-09, 07:04 AM
didnt belong in sts-v
moved

thebigjimsho
02-20-09, 07:10 AM
thanks tiff!

ifmracin
02-20-09, 08:01 AM
My recommendation, which you will probably hear a lot, is that if you want the car to have Nav.....buy one with the Nav.
Sure, you can add an aftermarket unit, anything is possible if you want to work on fabbing something up to fit in that slot you mentioned, but don't expect to find anything that is going to be pre-made to fit there.

luciano23
02-20-09, 03:24 PM
try crutchfield.com

AllGoNShow
02-20-09, 08:34 PM
Into the sunglass spot? That is essentially the size of a single din unit. AKA will be hard as hell to read the displays on the single DIN navi units.

Best bet? Do the same I am doing on my 05. Either source an OEM navigation unit and install into the OEM location with OEM parts. Or buy a dash kit, get a double din Pioneer or Alpine system and make it work (or take to audio shop and make it work.)