: 05-07 Steering Wheel with extra Wood

bond2
02-19-09, 02:15 PM
I found this on ebay, thinking I could rewire it to work on my 07 SRX. The reason I grabbed it is b/c I have never seen this steering wheel come with the extra wood grain on the bottom half of the wheel. Was this ever offered on the STS for model years 05-07? It is also a heated wheel. It was supposed to be NEW condition according to the ebay listing, but the plastic buttons and trim are scratched up a bit, so I am probably gonna send it back for a refund. Just thought it was really unique that it had all the extra wood.

http://homepage.mac.com/bond2/images/steering_wheel_sm.jpg

ifmracin
02-19-09, 09:02 PM
Interesting....my 05 does not have the wood on the bottom parts like that.

mbnv992
02-19-09, 11:01 PM
Neither does my 07. In fact, NONE of the STS's I've seen (2005-2009) have that extra wood part on the wheel.
Interesting . . .
Also, if that's a heated wheel, not much of the wheel is heated. The wood part does NOT heat up, just the leather heats up. So, you'll have a heck of a time positioning your hands so they stay warm with that small amount of leather :)

bond2
02-20-09, 12:51 AM
It has this part number on it (25755664):

"Collision Catalog - 2005 - Cadillac - Sts
Steering wheel, Steering wheel and trim, Steering wheel, Sts w/leather w/heated wheel, Black - 2005-07 - 2005-07"

But that part only has the wood on top. Maybe its a test wheel and they decided to go without the wood on the bottom or it was used in another country?? Anyways, its kinda cool, just needs a few new plastic buttons and a new plastic bezel to look new.

Ludacrisvp
03-11-09, 05:29 AM
I think that the steering wheel in my parents 2004 SRX AWD Lux V8 model had the wood in all three places and it is NOT a heated wheel.
There are no controls on the wheel for heat.