: What does this mean for the Future of the V?

Art138
02-18-09, 07:04 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090218/CARNEWS/902189973

Jayrcr3
02-18-09, 07:14 PM
This truly sucks! Although to the few hundred guys that have new CTS-V's they may just have some valuable collectors items on their hands. The V could turn out to be one of the last great muscle cars for GM. At least one of the last ones that burn gas.

Razorecko
02-18-09, 07:17 PM
This truly sucks! Although to the few hundred guys that have new CTS-V's they may just have some valuable collectors items on their hands. The V could turn out to be one of the last great muscle cars for GM. At least one of the last ones that burn gas.

If thats the case than the V will come to be one of the rarest cars in production in current times :bonkers:

ExtraV
02-18-09, 07:22 PM
I would guess (hopefully) that the current CTS-V would still be produced for the next 3-4 years, because all of the R&D is done. They would not need these engineers until the next CTS version comes out, many years from now.

randian
02-18-09, 07:24 PM
The joy of pandering to political correctness. After all, if GM's purpose is the make money for the shareholders, shouldn't they produce more specialty cars? I thought specialty cars had the highest profit margins of any of their vehicle lines.

GM-4-LIFE
02-18-09, 07:32 PM
Looks like GMPD is gone due to the fact that GM doesn't have the funding to allow them to build high performance vehicles.

I guess the GM Performance Division plaque under the hood of my V and my t-shirts I have are going to be an extinct thing of the past soon.

Get your V's while they are on the ground NOW. I don't think there will be anymore built for the 2009 model year and maybe even the 2010 model year.

With the way things are now, who knows what is going to happen tomorrow! It is really scary!

SG

CIWS
02-18-09, 07:34 PM
Also be sure to get those GM Performance Division t-shirts from Luke at Lindsay !

Lord Cadillac
02-18-09, 07:36 PM
Well.. Maybe the performance aftermarket companies will take it from here on. Obviously, there are a lot of us who want high performance Cadillacs. If GM isn't going to give them to us, somebody will... I think...

RapidRob
02-18-09, 07:41 PM
Well, for what it's worth, all this talk and news kinda scared me about the status of my order, so I called the dealer and found out that the v2 I ordered is in the process of being assembled right now, (build date was 2/16), and the dealer had paper-work verifying that fact. I asked if orders for v2's had been suspended and they said no-way, and that they were planning on ordering more in the near future. They did mention that Hummers, Saturns, and Pontiacs future was in doubt, (plus a few more .. ), but Cadillac and Chevrolet, among others, were good money makers and not in jeopardy.

Just thought I'd pass it on ...

Rob