: question about switching the door panel

csbuckn
02-17-09, 11:23 PM
We just picked up a nice 87 brougham de 'el that we are gonna part out because we need the parts to make our broughams very nice. I need the drivers door panel but the seatbelt setup is different from my 90. Is there any way to make the panel fit with the different seatbelt setup? If I remember correctly, the seatbelt setup in the 90 is riveted to the door structure while the 87 seatbelt is on the middle pillar, which causes the door panel to be a little different. I like the pillar seatbelt better than the door setup, is there any way to make this work? They are riveted right? And will I have to drill holes in the inside pillar to make the 87 setup work in my 90?

Cadillac Giovanni
02-20-09, 01:16 AM
You're talking about completely relocating the seatbelt assembly to the pillar as opposed to the door? yeah, I'd imagine you'd have to do some drilling. Pretty sure most of the body framework is the same between those two cars, so if there is some sort of mounting place for the seatbelt in the pillar on the 87, it'll still be there in the 90, just covered by the interior molding.