: Drivers door open, not !!!

superoli
02-17-09, 06:26 PM
Since this afternoon my car believes the drivers door is open.

I opened and closed the door about 50 times but no persistent changes.

If I turn the music up, I am able to ignore the annoying sound.
It's a little hard to ignore all the lights, which are turned on inside the car.
But the mayor problem is, that I cannot really lock the car, since it still believes the door is open, which then sooner or later leads to the alarm. (my neighbors love me)

I checked everything on the door but I cannot find a switch or anything similar.

Does anybody know what to do or where the switch is located, it is probably just misplaced because if I pull and push the door and drive carefully it happends only at 80 % (:bonkers:) of the time...

PLEASE HELP

Monte Carlo
05-30-09, 02:21 PM
Had a similar problem on a '90's era Dodge minivan. In that instance, I would be driving along, and all of a sudden the door chime would sound off continuously. Sometimes, when I hit a bump, it would stop, (or start if it was currently silent). There was no push button on the door jam to sense the door opening, rather there was a sensor inside the door latching mechanism. That sensor was mechanical, and it was sticking. I sprayed WD40 into the latch mechanism area, and that completely fixed the problem. Not sure if the same would apply to your problem.

Best of luck.

EChas3
05-30-09, 03:52 PM
WD40 is a cleaner not a lubricant. That said, it's a wonderful and easy way to free a sticky mechanism. If it works, lubricate the offending assembly once the WD40 evaporates.

If that doesn't help, maybe it's an electronic glitch and the old reset trick will help. Take off both battery cables (negative first) & touch them together. Reconnect (positive first) & test.

EChas3
05-30-09, 03:54 PM
Oh yeah, this is a February thread. He's fixed it by now!:bigroll:

turnerbend
05-30-09, 05:32 PM
WD40 is a cleaner not a lubricant. That said, it's a wonderful and easy way to free a sticky mechanism. If it works, lubricate the offending assembly once the WD40 evaporates.

If that doesn't help, maybe it's an electronic glitch and the old reset trick will help. Take off both battery cables (negative first) & touch them together. Reconnect (positive first) & test.

I use WD-40 as a lubricant because the instructions say you can. Been using it for about 30 years now.

trackbait
05-31-09, 02:27 AM
WD40 is a cleaner not a lubricant. That said, it's a wonderful and easy way to free a sticky mechanism. :confused::confused:

HUM... 2000+ uses for WD40 (http://www.fivemilliondots.com/post/2009/04/14/Thousands-of-Uses-for-WD-40-Lubricant.aspx) Might be surprised!