: 1994 Fleetwood Spark plug wireset replacement

rnunez76
02-17-09, 01:10 PM
I love Caddy's but dang, what hell. I recently bought a fleetwood and decided to go ahead and replace the spark plugs and wireset. After about 2-3 hours of frustration and hair pulling, i have decided to elicit help from the forum gods. Does anyone have any tips on replacing the passenger side wires? I got the drivers side done fairly easily, but the passenger side is a PITA!!! i have remove the starter just to see 8,6, and 4, but i can bearly see 2. i read somewhere else that you have to remove the alternator to get to it. WTF!!!:bighead: Any help from u guys would be very much appreciated. Pictures are lovely too ;)

thefleetwoodguy
02-17-09, 05:33 PM
not a fun job, thats for sure, but you shouldnt have to remove anything,
I use some this mechanics wire to fish them thru behind the brackets
and a ton of patients, and a 12 pack of sam adams
also a good idea to mark things to aid in reinstallation,
also a little wd 40 on the wire to help them slip thru the tight spots

ssstealth
02-18-09, 09:50 PM
My trick that worked excellently was to change the plug wires when I installed the headers. :D Also most of these have to be routed from the bottom, not the top like you normally would.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/Fleetwood%20SS/P1010001.jpg

rnunez76
02-19-09, 11:21 AM
headers would be nice, but not an option at this point in time. as for the routing yeah it sucks. I haven't had time to get back under the car but i plan on getting it finished this weekend.

jey
02-19-09, 02:45 PM
Yeah I was so pissed off doing the plugs on my Fleetwood (though I have the L05 so I don't know if it's harder with the LT1) until I finally figured out it was easier to go from underneath the car!