: Need to Ship '70 Deville

02-16-09, 02:37 PM
I need to ship my 1970 Deville from GA to CA but I dont want to drive it or pay somebody else to move it for me. Does anybody know of an alternative way that I could tow it myself - are their any companies who rent pickup trucks or something like that that I could use? I appreciate any help

02-16-09, 03:52 PM
You can rent a truck and a car dolly from U Haul. Don't tell them you are towing a 70 DeVille. Tell them something like a Camry. You are probably going to spend more on gas and rental than you would shipping the car...

02-16-09, 04:19 PM
Yea that was the original plan - they told me the deville was too big and I figured I could just tell them something different and tow it anyway but wasnt positive, and I have to drive out there anyway so I guess I will just try to figure the expense of the U-Haul or the shipping company, thanks for your reply.

02-16-09, 08:50 PM
Remember if your going to have the rear wheels on the road, you have to disconnect the drive shaft. Not doing so will not only increase the mileage on the odometer, but will literally melt the the transmission.