: Radio Doesnt work and glove box locked.

srtorelli
02-16-09, 11:50 AM
Hi Guys

First post here. I have a 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport. Lastnight I locked my wallet in my glove box and my buddy went to put his in there not realizing it was locked and pull the handle out a little. I pushed it back in but now when I unlock it I cannot get it open. The handle is really loose and I am guessing its broken. I was wondering if there was any way I can take apart the glove box well its locked.

Another thing that is wrong with my car is the radio will just random turn off. No power goes to it at all and then as your driving it will randomly turn back on. What do you think could be the problem. Any help with both these problems would be great.

Thanks
Stefan

lakesidepark
02-17-09, 10:54 AM
Problem 1): No. Crowbar then replace what gets broken. Unless you are able to loosen the grip on the two latch points (upper LH and RH side about an inch from the corners of the box lid).

Problem 2): K134 multifunction module; around $85-$100 dollars, dealer part only. Unless your voltage is actually low and the module is actually doing the correct job.