: velvety

chewwtoy
06-18-08, 11:55 PM
So last week I got the call of the year, the person on the other end works for GM and said, hey chewwtoy (they called me by my real name), I just got this CTS-V sitting here wanna drive it? So then I said ... .. .. .yeah.. ok..

I own the 2008 CTS and as many of you know the two cars have the essentially the same exterior. The interior however has some notable modifications. The steering wheel is like some sort of velvet or something like that. It's grey and soft and nice. I think its a little bit smaller than my '08 CTS. Also the steering wheel has two paddle shifter-like buttons on the in-side part.

The seats are different as well. They're a bit bulkier. The sides are adjustable and can angle towards you or away.

They've added the new electronic park break. The switch is located just south of the gear shifter. It's a bit noisy now.. but I think that may change in the future... maybe..

And of course it drives quite nicely. I was able to easily squak the tires. In the place of the traction control button, now is a button that switches between Sport Mode and Tour Mode. Press the button, push the accelerator pedal, spin tires. Simple. The car handles amazing, I took in around a couple of turns, while trying ever so hardly to obey the speed limits.. (i really tried, but the car would let me).

All-in-all if you are fan of the 2008 CTS look and feel, but want some extra * extra fun, the new V doesn't disappoint.

OldDrummer55
02-16-09, 12:31 AM
Here you go! :p

LV_V
02-16-09, 12:59 AM
http://www.bunny-rabbits.com/big-bunny.jpg

TaVern
02-16-09, 01:16 AM
Is vperl recruiting members who can create threads for him?

thank you for the reminder, but I am unable to start new threads....

Luna.
02-16-09, 01:28 AM
:party:

OldDrummer55
02-16-09, 02:40 AM
Awesome...:pirate2:

vperl
02-16-09, 02:47 AM
I would like to thankyou for your effort.
I will be contacting my dealership and seeing if he can do some tiny things for me, Scott has neen a great person and I hope any that want to purchase a vehicle goto hi if they are in the area, Tony also, is also a choice for others

Drummerguy, give scott pratt a call if we loose contact

thebigjimsho
02-16-09, 02:50 AM
hahahahaha fail!

urbanski
02-16-09, 08:23 AM
test

Ketzer
02-16-09, 11:05 AM
http://www.bunny-rabbits.com/big-bunny.jpg

Ummmm, stew. :stirpot:

OldDrummer55
02-16-09, 11:30 AM
Ummmm, stew. :stirpot:

For the whole month! That hare is huge!

OldDrummer55
02-16-09, 11:32 AM
Is vperl recruiting members who can create threads for him?

I acted alone... figured if he actually was having problems posting a new thread I'd help him out. :cool2:

vperl
02-16-09, 11:43 AM
I acted alone... figured if he actually was having problems posting a new thread I'd help him out. :cool2:

*****8someone mentioned that there maybe a size of drive that works best 2 gig and a style or type because of how the drive is placed into the USB slot...

OldDrummer55
02-16-09, 12:29 PM
*****8someone mentioned that there maybe a size of drive that works best 2 gig and a style or type because of how the drive is placed into the USB slot...

I searched the forum using the terms "USB" and "usb", and received no hits! Strange... But then I searched using "iPod" and found some interesting information on the sound system, including USB info. Look for the thread, "2009 cts-v hdd" Hope this helps! :)

concorso
02-16-09, 02:02 PM
I own the 2008 CTS and as many of you know the two cars have the essentially the same exterior. The interior however has some notable modifications. Sure, they look identical...if you ignore the hood, grill, foglights, front bumper, side skirts, wheels, brakes, tires, and rear bumper and exhaust. :) I would have said V badges, too, but apparently dealers like putting these on V6 CTS's... :)

I never talk about thumbdrives. Evar.

CTSV_510
02-16-09, 11:18 PM
:spam:

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 01:36 AM
velvety does not = swayde...

TaVern
02-17-09, 01:46 AM
vperl's thumbdrive needs velvety swde

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 07:04 AM
my Sprint USB broadband modem comes swathed in a swayde pouch!