: Verizon Blackberry Storm--Please Help

rcbeattie
02-15-09, 08:52 PM
I recently purchased a 09 CTS--I love the car, but have not been able to pair this phone to my car's bluetooth system. Verizon says its a car problem and Cadillac say its a Verizon problem. Has anyone been successful in pairing this type of phone with the car's bluetooth system? When I say "pair" the car comes back with "help". I did have a 05 STS prior to this car and realize there was voice recognition problems with that year and model. I was hoping that was fixed by now in the Cadillac line. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for your feedback and help! :banghead:

GM-4-LIFE
02-16-09, 11:41 AM
I recently purchased a 09 CTS--I love the car, but have not been able to pair this phone to my car's bluetooth system. Verizon says its a car problem and Cadillac say its a Verizon problem. Has anyone been successful in pairing this type of phone with the car's bluetooth system? When I say "pair" the car comes back with "help". I did have a 05 STS prior to this car and realize there was voice recognition problems with that year and model. I was hoping that was fixed by now in the Cadillac line. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for your feedback and help! :banghead:

When I paired my Verizon LG enV2 to my 09 V, I first pushed the button on the steering wheel and said "hands free" and then when it said "ready", I said "bluetooth" and then after it recognized what I said, I said "pair" and then I was able to pair the phone.

Make sure you follow the exact steps in your owner's manual when you want to pair a phone or it won't work.

I did have to get Verizon to update the software in my phone before it worked with my 09 V, so make sure that Verizon checks the software in your Storm to ensure you have the latest version.

It should work just fine. Hope this helps!

SG

rcbeattie
02-16-09, 03:06 PM
Thanks for your reply--I have followed that procedure exactly as you stated, but nothing happens. I am going to check with the service dept. to see if I have a faulty hands free system. Hopefully I can get this to work.

GM-4-LIFE
02-16-09, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your reply--I have followed that procedure exactly as you stated, but nothing happens. I am going to check with the service dept. to see if I have a faulty hands free system. Hopefully I can get this to work.

Did you test out your phone's bluetooth to make sure it works?

SG

EricVonHa
02-16-09, 10:59 PM
.... or try to pair a different phone with the car!?

Dr Chill
02-17-09, 09:47 PM
I had to switch phones with my wife because my LG VX8600 paired with her CTS but her LG VX8700 didn't. Some phones are supported by the CTS bluetooth, others aren't. The Blackberry 8830 pairs with the CTS with no problem.

Luna.
12-18-09, 12:14 PM
The Blackberry 8830 pairs with the CTS with no problem.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but...

Does anyone have experience pairing a Blackberry 8330 Smartphone with the '09V?

PSRmark
12-18-09, 12:25 PM

If no one else has an answer for you, i'll see if I can locate the answer for you. I remember reading a GM tech article about this. I have the 8330 and the 8900...

CIWS
12-18-09, 12:28 PM
You may be left with getting a different phone to use bluetooth. Like already mentioned some phones and cars work together and some don't. When I first got the STS-V the Samsung phone I had would not pair. So I switched phones. I just recently upgraded to a Motorola Droid it it pairs fine.

Krug Ford
12-18-09, 12:29 PM
I have had no problem with mine

lavaman
12-18-09, 12:36 PM
I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm and have paired it to the car easily on the first try... (both with the old firmware and the new 5.0)

Shall we presume you have the phone's bluetooth option turned on?

PrimaryW
12-18-09, 12:52 PM
Mine pairs perfectly as well. (BB Storm, Verizon) I have a 2010 V

PSRmark
12-18-09, 01:30 PM

Who is your service provider? just curious...

Luna.
12-18-09, 01:33 PM
Who is your service provider? just curious...

Verizon

Mike 09 V
12-18-09, 04:42 PM
Me too. Blackberry Storm 1 (there is a newer version #2) Verizon wireless is the provider and it paired with the car. Keep trying. It took me several tries, which is the only thing I can remember since it was months ago that I did it. You are looking for GM as the other phone (car) that you are pairing with.
Mike

lavaman
12-18-09, 07:32 PM
BTW, My Storm is also a "1".

It might make a difference if your phone is a 2nd generation... although my 1 has been updated to the 5.0 firmware and I think it may be the same firmware in the 2.

Any luck?

Once you get it you'll like it. The car has great bluetooth audio! I have about 10 #'s programmed into the cars phone book (easiest access) and the entire phone's contact list is available through voice commands.

thebigjimsho
12-18-09, 07:33 PM
My Blackberry Tour linked up just fine with my '09. The question I have is: has anyone been able to stream Pandora through Bluetooth? I have the option on the phone, but it's not coming through...

roarkb
12-19-09, 04:32 PM
My phone initially refused to pair with car. Verizon sent a reset signal to the phone. It paired right away after the reset.