: All Due Respect to the Ms and AMGs... But I Just Had 2 Have a V... OH YEAH

cmicasa
02-12-09, 09:42 PM
Well... I said It was gonna wait until spring.. and here in Baltimore it's felt like SPRING came early the last coupla days so I tracked down a dealer who had a couple in stock... and when I say a COUPLE... I mean an Effin COUPLE... (WTF GM... what are U building like 1 a day???? Because these SOBs were scarce)

Anyway... tested this sweetie pie on Tuesday... and came back to the dealer today with my STS for an appraisal... OK.. let me say this once and for all... LUXURY CARS should not ever be considered an investment because their value drops like a grown up baby's ballz when it comes time to trade... I wasn't optimistic when I pulled her up... My boy hit some hard times recently and sold his 2006 750i to Carmax with only 23K on the ODO... and they gave him $33K... He PAID $78K for it 2 years ago...:helpless:

NOW ME... figuring that since I had under 25K on the ODO.. I would get at least $24K for it as a trade... NOPE!!! They came back at first with $18K... I got up and got in the car and started pulling outta the lot... The Sales guy runs over to my car and says ... " I got U $20K..." I said "Make it $21K, and drop the V from $64K to $61K and we gotta deal...

The Car is LOVELY... and I have already named her PEARL.

It has everything except the RECARO Seats and the Polished Rims... I just couldn't justify spending $3400 on seats that I would more than likely NEVER take to the track... and the Polished Rims are definitely cool as hell on a DARK car... but the Silver wheels look perfect IMO on the Silver car.... and U kno??? If I get tired of the rims... I'll go aftermarket.:cool:

As for my review of the power, handling, and out and out cool... BELIEVE WHAT U READ in the magazines on this one mon amis... the ride is MONEY... and altho I won't seriously get into it until I hit at least 500 Miles on the ODO.. for breakin in purposes... she is one BAD MUTHA... SHO YO MOUTH... :shhh:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/Waywardx/IMGP0750.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/Waywardx/IMGP0749.jpg

RightTurn
02-12-09, 09:45 PM
She's fabulous! Great car. Congrats. :highfive:

Dr. Design
02-12-09, 09:50 PM
Congrats!!! Nice work on the dealership.

Dr. D
D3 Cadillac

RapidRob
02-12-09, 09:54 PM
GREAT looking v2 - congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Auto or manual tranny, (I'm guessing auto ...)?

Rob

814V
02-12-09, 09:55 PM
i see you were smart enough to get the fastest color :stirpot:

cmicasa
02-12-09, 09:56 PM
AUTOMATIC!!!! BABY!!! I have a Stick in the Z51.. and as fun as it can be... in the City.. especially during RUSH HOUR it's a REAL *** to drive... I'm cool as hell this time around with Paddles if the urge hits me

GM-4-LIFE
02-12-09, 10:31 PM
CONGRATS!!! I have the EXACT same car! Fully loaded silver on black without Recaros and polished wheels.

I just hit 1,000 miles today and man, what a car GM built!

It will get faster as you get more miles on it!

Have fun!

SG

OldDrummer55
02-12-09, 11:32 PM
One beautiful American built piece of steel! Congrats!

Short-Throw
02-13-09, 01:29 AM
Congrats!

I will have you know I have one of the oldest V2s delivered and it's still running great! :spin:

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 01:59 AM
sooo purrrrdy!

dvandentop
02-13-09, 10:17 AM
congrats dude!

Kadonny
02-13-09, 10:19 AM
i see you were smart enough to get the fastest color :stirpot:

Keep telling yourself that, and someday it may actually come true.

Black always has and always will be faster.

To the OP. Congrats and welcome to the family. This is a great car.

AlBundy
02-13-09, 11:53 AM
:cool2:swaddeee........Great lookin car.:thumbsup:

cmicasa
02-13-09, 12:00 PM
Thanx Everyone... Funniest part about all of your compliments is that when u give one up.. it's like patting yourself on the back... ALL CTSs are EFFIN HOT!!! V or 3.6Ls.. don't matter... they LOOK GOOD... and hopefully GM carries these types of efforts over to their 3series and S-class Competitors sooner of later.

Hey.. by the way.. I was having a discussion about Manual vs Auto vs LS3 Corvette

My Z51 is a bit modified (Dynoed 394.2HP/382.7lbs at the Wheels STOCK to 414.6 HP/402LBS at the Wheels with CAI and Tune) now and I seriously think it will beat it despite the V's HP advantage. Most STOCK numbers for the LS3 NPP Vettes I have seen bring it about:

1/4 in 12.4@116mph
0-60 4.0 sec
0-100 9.2 sec
top Speed 186MPH

Now on the CTS-V R&T did test for both MANUAL and AUTOMATIC

(manual/auto)

060 mph 4.1/3.9 sec

0100 mph 9.5/9.2 sec

1/4 mile 12.4 sec @ 115.9 mph/12.2 sec @ 116.1 mph

Top speed 191/175 mph*

The times are almost IDENTICAL... but the Vette falls short in some areas such as TOP Speed when compared to the Manny V... and 2/10ths on the 1/4 on the Auto V.. but BEATS the Manny V by 1/10th

ALSO .. look at the difference in times for the Manual V vs the Auto... The Auto was IMO the better choice for me. Only in the area where I might only run ONCE (Top Speed) in my time owning the car... does the manual seem like a better choice due to taller gearing in the last Cog

Any input????

Razorecko
02-13-09, 01:31 PM
I remember reading one car mag that tested the manual as being faster...also a member watched some people/engineers ? run the v's at the track and the manual was faster than also.

marktanner
02-13-09, 04:59 PM
Mauals are much trickier to launch than autos, unless there is launch control, so most people will probably be faster IN A STRAIGHT LINE with the auto. IMO the manual has the potential to be faster IN A STRAIGHT LINE, but it is probably rarely realized. On a road course, a manual will usually wipe up over an auto, again for most people. Most paddle shifted autos just really aren't that responsive, and they are harder to predict when and how or if they'll shift, so it's really harder to drive on the limit, and one often feels caught in the wrong gear. Granted, I haven't driven the V2 auto on the track, but I have driven both a Boxster and a 911 with Tiptronic on the track and hated them. Here, an expert driver can sometimes learn how to trick the auto into doing what you want, but a stick is far easier to control and drive, especially if you can heel and toe downshift. This doesn't apply to some automated manuals or DSG's, which are ideal for track work (if a bit less involving), but they're not typically satisfactory for normal street driving for a lot of people.

A manual is usually at least 10% more efficient in real life ( and, according to the EPA, also true for the V2 ratings), so one can expect at least 10% better MPG and range, as well as shorter lap times. I guess you can take your pick for bragging rights.

JEM
02-13-09, 05:47 PM
It has everything except the RECARO Seats and the Polished Rims... I just couldn't justify spending $3400 on seats that I would more than likely NEVER take to the track... and the Polished Rims are definitely cool as hell on a DARK car... but the Silver wheels look perfect IMO on the Silver car.... and U kno??? If I get tired of the rims... I'll go aftermarket.:cool:

I'm no fan of the polished rims, period, and I think the V looks a little ragged in red and in black, but for some reason I think I could live with the sliver...

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 08:24 PM
The fastest V is the one with me driving...

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 08:24 PM
...or Andy Pilgrim.

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 08:25 PM
...OK, Andy Pilgrim is a little faster...