: Dimension Question

AZstar
02-12-09, 12:31 PM
How high is the bottom of the front bumper fascia off the ground.

I'm afraid my new V won't fit in my garage. At the front of my garage there is a step up. Between this step and the garage door is only 16ft. The step is 7-1/2" tall.

Cadillac Tony
02-12-09, 12:51 PM
Just checked one for you with my trusty tape measure: Front fascia will scrape anything higher than 6.75" off the ground, and slightly behind that is the splash pan that will scrape anything taller than 6".

Lots of companies sell nice looking "parking mats" that are 1/2" to 1" thick- I'd order a pair of them, and stack them up so the front wheels drive up onto them when you reach the end of the garage. Problem solved! :D

AZstar
02-12-09, 01:08 PM
That's what I was afraid of. The parking mat idea is a good one. I'll have to investigate that solution.

Thanks for measuring.

tedcmiller
02-14-09, 12:28 AM
Note that the front end of the 2009 CTS-V was redesigned from that on the 2004-2007 CTS-V so that it will clear some curbs and wheel stops that the V1 wouldn't. However, there are still some of both that are just too high and scraping will occur.

JEM
02-14-09, 12:52 AM
How high is the bottom of the front bumper fascia off the ground.

I'm afraid my new V won't fit in my garage. At the front of my garage there is a step up. Between this step and the garage door is only 16ft. The step is 7-1/2" tall.

Home Depot rents jackhammers...or you could make or buy a couple ramps.

AZstar
02-14-09, 05:01 PM
Home Depot rents jackhammers...or you could make or buy a couple ramps.

Jackhammer. . . Now that sounds like a fun project.

Actually, I was already thinking of putting down some garage floor tiles and to accommodate the V I'll just have to put a few layers at the front to raise the fascia high enough to clear the step. It might look funny, but I think it will work.

Indyblue98
02-14-09, 06:19 PM
Jackhammer. . . Now that sounds like a fun project.

Actually, I was already thinking of putting down some garage floor tiles and to accommodate the V I'll just have to put a few layers at the front to raise the fascia high enough to clear the step. It might look funny, but I think it will work.

Back it in.;)

vperl
02-15-09, 12:30 AM
Back it in.;)

Great answer,,,,,,,

give me a week I'll think of that also.

LV_V
02-15-09, 09:30 PM
Just pull it in within a few inches of that step up; then hang the 'ol tennis ball from the ceiling to the windshield to let you know when/where to stop! ;) $0.25 later..