: Tired of the factory NAV unit..options?

shore
02-12-09, 12:48 PM
2005 Escalade.2 12" CVR's off a BD1000.1.Everything else stock.

I'm seriously considering swapping out my NAV unit for an aftermarket unit.Mine is the full touchscreen.

I don't much care for the graphics as they don't compare to some of the aftermarket ones.Just overall too expensive to do anything with like put a back-up camera in or mod to play while driving.

These full touch factory ones go for big money online.Depending on what is needed to make an aftermarket one work properly it might not cost much of anything to swap it out with a used top-line aftermarket NAV unit.

What is the top line model out right now for NAV units?

What is required to plug this into my 05 and keep the steering wheels controls/itouch?

curtc
02-12-09, 03:15 PM
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html?tp=526

check out this bad boy...I know they could've installed a module to keep my steering wheel controls in my 2001 Seville(I opted out, remote works just fine), don't see why they couldn't do it in an Escalade. Also, I don't know how the factory speakers in the newer Cadillacs react to a 4-Ohm load but there's no harm in seeing what happens. Might have to replace them all(which is a MUCH better option IMO).

mrgoodbar67
02-16-09, 04:28 PM
ive always liek the pioneer units very nice with allot of usefull things.
like movie times and traffic info on the screen along with a nice ipod interface and bletooth one too.