: Install Corsa on 04 Srx

srx'v'04
02-12-09, 07:57 AM
Hello All,

Just signed up here. what a great forum. My name is Bill. I have an 04 SRX and am interested in installing the Corsa exhaust on my 04. The package says that they are only for 05-07. Will there be a problem with the install? Are there any differences between the two years?

Thanks for the help.

jdavis
02-12-09, 04:43 PM
You can contact Corsa and they will provide you with specific information about the installation. You might also check with Magna Flo for assistance in using their product.

Rolex
02-12-09, 10:05 PM
:welcome5: to the forum. Thanks for signing up. :D

dmc22
02-13-09, 07:30 PM
I called them and they told me it was the same. Also no complaints with it.

CadillacSTS42005
02-13-09, 08:26 PM
you wont regret Corsa on your rig
love it on my STS

BMBLBEE
02-23-09, 08:42 AM
you wont regret Corsa on your rig
love it on my STS

AGREE!! I have Corsa on my Vette and SSR - top quality!

73Thumper
03-12-09, 12:00 PM
I have Corsa's on my 07 SRX. Great quality. Not to bad to DIY. Best to have a sawzall though to cut the existing pipes. The cut location is critical to get the best fitment. It is a little louder than I would like it, but it has mellowed with time. I have about 20K on them now. Pretty loud at startup, sounds great when passing, slight drone if you have it in top gear, low RPM, say 60mph. I have Borla's on another V8 car. I prefer the Borla's sound, except when you are really in the throttle then the Corsa's are perfect.... I also have magnaflows on a 3rd car, not near as good as the other 2, lots of drone, had to add bigger resonators to help but still drones. Oh, don't expect any gains in fuel mileage - I think mine went down - could be due to my foot though - by brain knows the harder I push down the throttle - the happier my ears are....

tjm183
07-15-09, 06:53 AM
Hello Everyone

I’m new to the forum and would appreciate all feedback. I’m interested in performance modifications for my ’04 SRX N* V8 and I were considering the Volant cold air intake combined with the Corsa cat-back exhaust system, but someone warned me about the sound resonance within the vehicle. I had the same compatibility question regarding the ’05 – ’07 Corsa exhaust fitting on my ‘04. I’m also wondering if I can do the installs myself, I have a sawzall. Thank you for your time and input.

Regards,
Tom

TTopJohn
07-16-09, 10:16 AM
Tim, that may have been me that mentioned a resonance possibility. If so, I was just referring to a general rule of thumb - SUVs, vans and wagons can produce a resonance if you put a louder exhaust on. That said, it's not a sure thing - I haven't found any complaints about such a resonance with the Corsa system on an SRX.

It may have to do with the location of the muffler - on a Tahoe, the muffler is closer to the front of the car, but on an SRX they are right at the back bumper. Which could explain why a magnaflow in the location of the stock muffler on a Tahoe produced an unwanted resonance, but no one seems to have any problems with the Corsa system on the SRX.