: 2009 CTS-V with 541 rw hp For Sale

John Hennessey
02-11-09, 04:09 PM
It has about 900 miles (less than 100 miles on the modifications), siver automatic with nav, sunroof, standard seats (not recaros) and our V650 package with 541 rw hp and 530 rw tq.

We are getting ready to build another V for the shop so our first car is for sale if you or anyone you know would be interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110349005427#ht_684wt_1359

Its available with the HRE 20 inch wheels and tires for $79,500. Its also available with the stock wheels and tires for $75,000.

Submariner409
02-11-09, 04:25 PM
Will GM transfer and warranty the entire car/drivetrain ?

V-Love
02-11-09, 05:04 PM
Doubt it.

Dave Golder
02-11-09, 05:07 PM

entire car by law they have too, drive train if your dealer likes you :)

John Hennessey
02-11-09, 05:31 PM
here are some pics of the V650:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/page.php?id=26&cart=kUnTGrZl

Submariner409
02-11-09, 07:13 PM
Dave, As you are listed as the (sales?) manager for John Hennessey, basically what you are saying is that you all are selling an $80,000 car with no powertrain warranty ??

Dave Golder
02-11-09, 09:30 PM
Dave, As you are listed as the (sales?) manager for John Hennessey, basically what you are saying is that you all are selling an $80,000 car with no powertrain warranty ??

If you are asking if you buy a package from us do you get a warranty absolutley. If you buy a $68,000 car, $10,000 worth of Rims and Tires and $9900 worth of upgrades for $77,000 then it depends on what kind of deal you negotiate.

But based on all your previous posts I can tell your intent is trying to make me look bad or dis-credit me then probably not:)

And no I am not the sales manager and not even in sales.

Heavychevy1
02-11-09, 10:06 PM

No different than buying a 80k car and modding the warranty away like tons of guys do.

Different means to the same end.

Though this package is still a test mule, I'd hope somone would want to see this kit tested over time before buying into the mods. But then again, guys do guinea pig it all the time with their expensive cars.

Luna.
02-11-09, 10:42 PM
Can I ask what mods have been done, especially to the motor?

Very interested...

John Hennessey
02-11-09, 11:29 PM
We did some track testing on the car today. And while I wont report the results for a few days (preparing the videos), let me just say that for what this car does and for what it costs, it is extremely impressive. i tested a stock ZR1 today and it ran 11.7 @ 126 mph and our V650 would have beat it hands down. thanks for your interest guys.

FYI, Dave is our general manager and our sales guys report to him. He is also a 2009 CTS-V owner and all around good guy.

John Hennessey
john@hennnesseyperformance.com
979-885-1300

www.HennesseyPerformanceStore.com

LV_V
02-11-09, 11:44 PM
Dave,

Is this not the same 09V that you were modding in recent posts and saying/implying was more or less a "personal" car? If not, I apologize, but if so, I am extremely surprised and disappointed to see it posted for sale here, especially in this manner.

Dave Golder
02-12-09, 12:05 AM
Dave,

Is this not the same 09V that you were modding in recent posts and saying/implying was more or less a "personal" car? If not, I apologize, but if so, I am extremely surprised and disappointed to see it posted for sale here, especially in this manner.

Yes it was my personal car but as I posted a few weeks ago, the original car I ordered White Diamond without sunroof came in so John decided to drive the Silver one until his Silver 6 speed comes in. It is still in my name....I am just driving my white car. His car will be here shortly and that is why the Silver car is for sale. You will see pics of the white one with the 21 inch HRE's in a few days. :)

darjae
02-12-09, 12:07 AM
Yes it was my personal car but as I posted a few weeks ago, the original car I ordered White Diamond without sunroof came in so John decided to drive the Silver one until his Silver 6 speed comes in. It is still in my name....I am just driving my white car. His car will be here shortly and that is why the Silver car is for sale. You will see pics of the white one with the 21 inch HRE's in a few days. :)

I understood this to be the case as well (that he was driving the silver, until his white one came in).

Dave Golder
02-12-09, 12:10 AM
I understood this to be the case as well (that he was driving the silver, until his white one came in).

What it boiled down to is I thought I was going to have to wait three months for my white car and I didn't want to wait so I bought the Silver car to tide me over :)

darjae
02-12-09, 12:15 AM
What it boiled down to is I thought I was going to have to wait three months for my white car and I didn't want to wait so I bought the Silver car to tide me over :)

Understand Completely! I bought mine without Recaros 'cause I couldn't wait. :D

Dave Golder
02-12-09, 12:18 AM
Understand Completely! I bought mine without Recaros 'cause I couldn't wait. :D

As did I and I drove both cars today and the Silver car with regular seats is a much more comfortable seat. If I bought a third, it would be without Recaro's. They are much more supportive but I still prefer the regular seats.

LV_V
02-12-09, 01:52 AM
Can't wait to see the 21's :)

What color/style, if you wanna get us salivating early?

Dave Golder
02-12-09, 11:10 AM
Can't wait to see the 21's :)

What color/style, if you wanna get us salivating early?

HRE 790R Flat Black outer, texture black inner barrel with polished Lip.

Luna.
02-12-09, 01:43 PM
No chance in reading about how the car was modded? Perhaps offline would be better?:hmm:

darjae
02-12-09, 02:18 PM
No chance in reading about how the car was modded? Perhaps offline would be better?:hmm:

It's in the ebay description from the link in the 1st post.

Luna.
02-12-09, 04:38 PM
It's in the ebay description from the link in the 1st post.

DUH...somehow I missed the paragraph below that describes it.

Serious question...

Can the stock cast pistons be RELIABLE at that amount of HP?

The Tony Show
02-12-09, 04:44 PM
It's all about the tune and the plugs.

Short-Throw
02-12-09, 05:26 PM
entire car by law they have too, drive train if your dealer likes you :)

I am completely neutral and have absolutely no axe to grind here. I'm a mod freak as my prior and current cars suggest.

Things break whether it's a fault of a specific shop or not. It's because of this, that no shop offers any type of warranty that's worthwhile regarding the mods in question. It's simply economically too risky.

I'm all in favor of someone buying your cars if they feel that's the product they want. The Drivetrain at a very minimum would clearly be voided on this particular car.

Don't shoot the messenger:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1112/3173322685_274e631e26_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/3173322653_77b83f4f09_b.jpg

I tore apart a brand new Z06 3 years ago and wrote off the warranty when the first screw was removed.

Mod away but be prepared to pay for any repairs out of your own pocket.

Keep up the good work as there's always something to make them go faster and stop quicker!

Mike

Luna.
02-12-09, 06:27 PM
Aye Mike.

I'm not sure that changes the law though.

Based on my understanding, a warranty can't be voided if the manufacturer can't prove that such modification caused the failure, which makes conceptual sense.

For example....

If my speedometer fails, but I installed a armrest, I'm not sure they'd have much ground to deny my warranty.

Well, if that's acceptable (which I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise), then it continues from there until you get to the point that the manufacturer must prove that the modification caused the failure.

At least, that's my understanding and I've spoken to legal counsel about this very issue, so I believe there's some merit, but I'm just a tool, so take it with a grain of salt...

Luna.
02-12-09, 06:31 PM
It's all about the tune and the plugs.

You know many of us, including myself, love you (in a completely hetero sort of way :)), but are you sure?!?!?!!?

I'm all for a conservative tune and I'll put in any damn spark plug required if that will result in a RELIABLE car...

Hell, I'll piss on the sparkplug too if I thought that would help... :D

I really want to have about 550 to the tires, and I'm willing to pay for it, but I'm very concerned about reliability...

jvp
02-12-09, 06:41 PM
Hell, I'll piss on the sparkplug too if I thought that would help... :D

It's a CTS-V, not a WOPR. :-)

jas

caddiedrummer
02-12-09, 07:21 PM
Aye Mike.

I'm not sure that changes the law though.

Based on my understanding, a warranty can't be voided if the manufacturer can't prove that such modification caused the failure, which makes conceptual sense.

For example....

If my speedometer fails, but I installed a armrest, I'm not sure they'd have much ground to deny my warranty.

Well, if that's acceptable (which I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise), then it continues from there until you get to the point that the manufacturer must prove that the modification caused the failure.

At least, that's my understanding and I've spoken to legal counsel about this very issue, so I believe there's some merit, but I'm just a tool, so take it with a grain of salt...

As a lawyer and charter member of the Viper club (as well as a member of various BMW/Corvette Clubs), I can tell you many fellow members have had warranty work denied and asked my help. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and often you compromise. While it may be somewhat accurate to say it must be proven that the mod led to the failure, how much time and money do you want to spend trying to prove that point in Court.

You may win but be out $$ trying to prove it unless a specific statute (your state's lemom law if that comes into play) allows you to recover lawyer fees.

After owning more sports cars than my wife cares to remember, I don't heavily mod beyond maybe a Corsa. Mod all you want --it is great and may help you enjoy the car much more , but don't count on too many concessions (particularly in this financial environment) from dealers/manufacturers.

Jayrcr3
02-12-09, 09:50 PM

jas

I was thinking the same thing!

Luna.
02-12-09, 10:35 PM

jas

Dude...you RULE.

I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't get that reference!! :histeric:

And Jayrcr3--you're 36, so yeah, I can understand that you might get it as well. :highfive:

TampaV
02-13-09, 11:14 PM
After owning more sports cars than my wife cares to remember, I don't heavily mod beyond maybe a Corsa. Mod all you want --it is great and may help you enjoy the car much more , but don't count on too many concessions (particularly in this financial environment) from dealers/manufacturers.

I couldn't agree with you more. In light of the current state-of-affairs of the manufacturers, there will be much closer scrutiny of cars brought in for drivetrain failures. If a car is flatbedded into a dealership with comprehensive drivetrain failure, rest assured the computer codes will be evaluated as well as an examination of the s/c pulley, cats, O2 sensors, etc... Further, the fender wells will be looked at for evidence of drag racing or track rubber accumulation.

Once a car has been flagged, warrenty will be denied. Better hire an attourney post-haste if you have engine mods and have a problem.

That's my 2 cents...

Enjoy your mods, but be prepared to pay if you have a problem.