: Test Drove the V 2day... Few Questions

cmicasa
02-10-09, 10:14 PM
I guess to give a review would be redundant considering many of U already own one.. but I have to say that I have driven many a fast, super-handling car... and this one... with exception to my Z51 and many Z06s I have had the honor of piloting.. is hands down my favorite...;):cool2:

BELIEVE what U hear about GM actually giving U a car that handles, flies, and is certainly better styled than the M5.. or E63AMG... The CTS-V reminds me of Achilles in the Movie Troy... when he come sin swaying his blade and tales out Hector (M5)... magnificent.. spectacular... I am awestruck... So what is this car's "heel???" I would say that it's the effin Tickets I'm sure I'm gonna be sitting in court for.:crying2:

My original intent was to get an Automatic White Diamond/Ebony Polished Wheel, Sunroof, and Recaro set up... I gotta tell U.. I checked out a Silver/Ebony Painted Wheel, Sunroof, NAV, regular seat and think it's perfect. I am actually cool with the wheels thinking that if I ever got sick of them I could just go after market with a set of Black/Chrome Lip 19"s

One question before I sign the Check.. the sales manager told me that I qualify for a Credit Union Member discount that is equal to the Supplier Discount... I called the GM Credit Union Center, which was an initiative put in place by the Credit Union Association of Michigan when GMAC was trying to Cherry Pick 700+ FICOs.. and was told that it applies to any Credit Union member in any State. The only two cars I saw on the website that were ineligible were the ZR1 and the Saturn Vue Dual-Mode... The CTS-V wasn't listed one way or another.. but the sales manager said it was elgible...

HAs anyone used this "incentive" to get their V??? The one I'm looking at listed at $64K... the Incentive would drop it down to $60K... CAn I use my GM Credit Card cash??? Can I haggle even more???

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 11:26 PM
good stuff.

OldDrummer55
02-11-09, 12:47 AM
I guess to give a review would be redundant considering many of U already own one.. but I have to say that I have driven many a fast, super-handling car... and this one... with exception to my Z51 and many Z06s I have had the honor of piloting.. is hands down my favorite...;):cool2:

BELIEVE what U hear about GM actually giving U a car that handles, flies, and is certainly better styled than the M5.. or E63AMG... The CTS-V reminds me of Achilles in the Movie Troy... when he come sin swaying his blade and tales out Hector (M5)... magnificent.. spectacular... I am awestruck... So what is this car's "heel???" I would say that it's the effin Tickets I'm sure I'm gonna be sitting in court for.:crying2:

My original intent was to get an Automatic White Diamond/Ebony Polished Wheel, Sunroof, and Recaro set up... I gotta tell U.. I checked out a Silver/Ebony Painted Wheel, Sunroof, NAV, regular seat and think it's perfect. I am actually cool with the wheels thinking that if I ever got sick of them I could just go after market with a set of Black/Chrome Lip 19"s

One question before I sign the Check.. the sales manager told me that I qualify for a Credit Union Member discount that is equal to the Supplier Discount... I called the GM Credit Union Center, which was an initiative put in place by the Credit Union Association of Michigan when GMAC was trying to Cherry Pick 700+ FICOs.. and was told that it applies to any Credit Union member in any State. The only two cars I saw on the website that were ineligible were the ZR1 and the Saturn Vue Dual-Mode... The CTS-V wasn't listed one way or another.. but the sales manager said it was elgible...

HAs anyone used this "incentive" to get their V??? The one I'm looking at listed at $64K... the Incentive would drop it down to $60K... CAn I use my GM Credit Card cash??? Can I haggle even more???

My dealer didn't mention any credit union incentive, but he's in ID. He will accept the GM Card earnings in the amount that is in effect at the time of delivery. Right now it's $1k.

OldDrummer55
02-11-09, 01:10 AM
I stand corrected. Yesterday, the GM Card Redemption amount for a 09 CTS-V was $1000. I just checked the website and the V is no longer listed... :mad: Of course, they tell you to check back daily for changes.

Kadonny
02-11-09, 09:17 AM
^^^^ I just read that it's eligible for 2k.

https://www.gmflexcard.com/GMFlexCard/searchBrandStyle.do

vperl
02-11-09, 10:11 AM
oldfartdrummer delete your messages both swent and recieved from your private email.... you get only 1 to keep or what ever,,,,

OldDrummer55
02-11-09, 03:39 PM
^^^^ I just read that it's eligible for 2k.

https://www.gmflexcard.com/GMFlexCard/searchBrandStyle.do

I see what the problem is. Your site (cite) is for the GM Flex Card. Mine is for the regular GM Card. Apparently the Flex Card gives better benefits!

https://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/searchMakeModelYear.do

vperl
02-11-09, 05:39 PM
Make sure you do or we will be doing dishes for a month. :thepan:

james4513
02-12-09, 08:18 AM

Bought mine at supplier price and it was just shy of a $5K discount - about $60K for $65K list. I've had mine for a month now and very satisfied - especially given my high expectations. Good luck.

thebigjimsho
02-13-09, 01:24 AM
nice!

vperl
02-13-09, 01:45 AM
go for it , big boy:bouncy:

Wreckless
02-18-09, 07:50 AM
I just bought my Silver V2 last night and recieved the Credit Union deal. It was 3K off the negotiated price. Just brought proof of Credit Union memvership and the deal was made. The incentive made the choice over the Jaguar XR painless.

OldDrummer55
02-18-09, 10:51 AM
So if I understand this correctly, we negotiate the best price possible, apply whatever GM Card earnings are allowed at the time, and invoke whatever rebates/special deals are in effect when the car is delivered/purchased. Does the credit union deal kick in at time of order or delivery?

thebigjimsho
02-18-09, 11:57 AM
that's pretty sweet...

Wreckless
02-19-09, 06:58 AM
Well, what happened with me was the best deal they were going to do was $1K under MSRP. I said it had to be much better than that and the salesman was unaware odf any incentives. He has a talk with the manager who tells him of the CU Special. Car listed that at $63K was now $59K. I signed on the dotted line and have been grinning ever since.

ewill3rd
02-19-09, 07:00 AM
I worked on my first one yesterday.

Just a first oil change and the recall on the battery cable position. :drool:
Beautiful car.
Too bad these don't break yet.

vperl
02-19-09, 09:15 AM
Please explain recall, cable placement?

Caderac
02-19-09, 09:32 AM
Please explain recall, cable placement?

09V recall (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1732860-post1.html)

ewill3rd
02-19-09, 10:01 AM
No replacement, just an inspect and reposition if necessary.